Why does spirit have passive phasing?

She already has incredible speed and Chase potential, that's why it's odd she has a passive phasing. It isn't that useful but I think it's overkill.

(Edit: because people think I complain about this ability I DONT. I am simply curious why it exists on spirit).

Comments

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171691#Comment_1171691

    She got a vaulting animation, she lost collision while phasing and many of her addons got hit pretty hard.

    I call that heavy.

    and yet shes still top tier

    none of those mattered to people who have a brain, the collision was only used by people who were awful

  • probably because it looks cool and fits the charcter tbh

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1170910#Comment_1170910

    *Sigh

    I made this post literally asking why they decided to add a passive to a killer AND NOT ANYONE ELSE, and people are going wild, avoiding the true meaning of this forum....

    Your post ain't bait, the guy who said removing passive phasing would make it impossible to mindgame is bait (as if you can't just...use your power, like how your actually supposed to mindgame with her) @DudeDelicious

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1170831#Comment_1170831

    "mindgaming with her power"

    last I checked, mindgames were a back-and-forth thing, not a weighted coin toss

    the bias is real kek

    If it was so biased, why didn't you cosider that the whole "coin tossing" works both ways? Like, if all the Spirit has is tossing a coin, I would just have a 50% chance of catching you, right?

  • It’s funny seeing all the survivor mains saying spirit op

  • Probably to compensate for her 110% speed. To get a first hit so she could use her ability to catch injured survivor.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    It’s funny seeing all the survivor mains saying spirit op

    I get flashbacks when survivors were demanding her nerf before the patch saying that she's OP to the bone and she was so easy even a blind monkey would 4-kill as her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1170792#Comment_1170792

    Seriously?!??

    As a former Spirit main you can’t see that if the passive phasing were removed that trying to mindgame with her power would become close to impossible?!?!?!

    Because standing still to get a free hit is hard.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    It’s funny seeing all the survivor mains saying spirit op

    @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171125#Comment_1171125

    Ok because I'm going crazy with you people I DON'T WANT HER NERFED IM A SPIRIT MAIN AND I LIKE THIS ABILITY

    Good? Got it? Great.

    The reason this forum was created is to ask WHY SPIRIT HAS A PASSIVE ABILITY AND NOT ANY OTHER KILLER. I'm curious because some weak killer need another ability, and something like this could use for a great buff.

    Ok I'll say it one more time. AS A KILLER MAIN I DONT WANT SPIRIT NERFED, IM JUST ASKING WHY ANY OTHER KILLER DOESN'T HAVE A PASSIVE.

    Since I said that, maybe 6 times already via comments, next time someone say "y0u wAnT sP1r1t nUrFeD bAbY sUrViV0r mA1n" I'll just quote them this message

    Why is it that hard for people to understand the difference between a QUESTION and a COMPLAIN?

    My answer

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    Probably to compensate for her 110% speed. To get a first hit so she could use her ability to catch injured survivor.

    I like this answer, someone actually realised the meaning of this forum and speculated.

    Thanks, you made my day

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171933#Comment_1171933

    and yet shes still top tier

    none of those mattered to people who have a brain, the collision was only used by people who were awful

    So,


    what I'm hearing is she was supposed to be nerfed into a bad tier?


    N O S T R O N G K I L L E R S >:O

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172247#Comment_1172247

    Jesus

    No I’m not baiting, yes I’m being serious.

    My point was that the devs decision to include passive phasing into her design was an intelligent one. It makes mind games so much more effective because survivors have the third consideration to deal with “is she just passive phasing?”

    The devs knew that mind gaming with Spirit would be a coin toss for BOTH parties because of the restriction on seeing survivors while her power is active.

    Without passive phasing it would be much more difficult to “psyche” a survivor out with her power. I was being figurative when saying “impossible”, but I stand by my position that passive phasing, is removed, greatly reduces Spirits mind game effectiveness.

    I still don't see how removing passive phasing would change her mind games at all, her passive phasing has nothing to do with Yamaokas haunting (appologises if that's spelt wrong) it's simply an added think that makes you lag around when your moving normally and I simply don't see how your using her passive phasing and her haunting in tangent, as one requires you to move and the other to stand still

  • To fit the cool onryo aesthetic, like Hisako from killer instinct. Having her flicker in and out of reality as she hunts her prey really adds to the common onryo trope of a lost soul wandering through the world, taking out her vengeance on anyone unfortunate enough to cross her path. It just really makes me feel for her, the poor girl's moments of emotional vulnerability really tie the character together.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1170910#Comment_1170910

    *Sigh

    I made this post literally asking why they decided to add a passive to a killer AND NOT ANYONE ELSE, and people are going wild, avoiding the true meaning of this forum....

    Freddy's rework gave him the passive of survivors falling asleep, so she isn't the only one still and she was created back in a time when doctor still had his passive, so it doesn't seem out of place in the context of comparing her to other killers.

1 2 ›