Killer Player display
Wouldn't it be fair for survivors to be able to click on the name of the killer in the lobby? I mean, as a killer, I can look at the profiles of survivors, check if they happen to be a tryhard SWF or who is playing with who and I have the time to set up a game plan, even possibly dodge the lobby if I dont want to face a tryhard group at the time.
But as a survivor, I am unable to see if the killer is a tryhard ebony mori user who rushes the 4k, or are not russian. I have no option to dodge but to DC. I get that revealing who the killer is going to be, is a massive gamechanger and would allow survivors to adjust their perks accordingly, which ruins the surprise effect the killer has as and forces survivors to use perks that might be useless against the killer. But it's only common sense to be able to see what type of player you're dealing with. I rather dodge a killer I know is going to try his best to ruin my game, even if it caused a minute of delay before I can get back into queue. Then at least I would have the choice to face a tryhard when I am playing casually. I mean, sure, you could make the case that some people are going to take advantage of that. But if everyone is able to see the steam profiles of other players, then at least everyone is able to make the concious decision to step out of that match, because it would be boring for you, it would be boring for the killer and it ruins games on both sides.
Comments
Just no dude,just no.
I'd actually prefer to argue for removing all profiles in the lobby so that nobody can see anything about the person they are playing with. That way I believe it's equal for everyone.
i think it is the best option too here with this we could prevent lobby dodging becouse x player happend to be better them me
Unfortunately even more people would start lobby dodging for that, there are some streamers out there, who I wont name any names, but they act really scummy and have a client that tells them what killer their playing against, and will dodge if they even suspect that they could be sniping their 50 viewer stream.
yeah, lobby dodging is an issue, but honestly, I rather be able to not face the same type of killer 5 games in a row. I've been checking post game killers who literally tried their best ruining the fun, and they all have the same type of profiles: Anime girl, russian profile but country placed in europe, very limited amount of comments due to deletion. They somehow have 5000 ebony mori's as they always use them and slug camp people for no reason. They are simply no fun to play against and there is no way around them. They consist about 30% of all killers I faced, so roughly 1/3rd of the bad games I have had in the past 2 weeks, could have simply been non-existant if I was able to see who I was dealing with.
I dont care about the type of killer, I dont need that. All I want is to be able to click on their name and see their steam profile.
This must be a PC problem, because I can't see that on ps4, unless I'm missing something...
Yeah, but I honestly see a lot more issues with that. You might aswell remove the fact for the killer to see what items survivors are carrying, or what player character the opposition has chosen, let alone being able to see if the players are in fact a full team or seperate players. Then you remove all the pre-planning that a killer needs to counterplay. Perhaps when the game is in a state where skill and mindgames are more important than perks and items.
Personally, I think the only other way, is to actually give a rating system on players and show who are playing together. What these ratings are about, I dont know, especially because some ratings dont matter, but personally, I want to be able to have some kind of indication what type of killer im facing, because I rather enter a 20 minute queue than having another hillbilly rev his chainsaw over a slugged body of a friend that I cannot possibly save unless I want to be his replacement slug. The current ratings dont matter, because even if I rate those type of killers as a 1/5, I still end up in another match with them.
Kinda, basically, on pc you can click on the name of a survivor and see if they are playing dbd with someone else in the lobby or not and see what type of player they generally are by all the +rep/-reps in their comments. So as a killer, you have the option to bail out based on items and steam profiles, where as a survivor, you wont know anything about the killer at all untill you're in the match. Which can be a good thing if the killers were genuinely scary, but it ends up being a lot more frustrating.
I honestly dont really see an issue you can have with this unless you're actively ruining games for people.
Because everyone would dodge killers with a bit of experience regardless of their profile comments?
There's no point because each survivor would just make a perk build perfect for that certain killer and it would ruin the balance even more,i honestly don't know how you don't see that
Can't speak for PC but on console (PS4) you just go to "friends list - Currently playing" and you can see everyone profile in the lobby, including the killer. I know you guys have no control over that as its part of Sony but figured I'd toss that into the conversation.
Guess you misunderstood my post. I dont mean showing which killer it is, but being able to click on the name and see their steam profile.
If those players happen to main a single killer and have tons of images of that killer on their profile, then yeah, it might be a disadvantage, but they should be skilled enough with that single killer to compensate for that disadvantage
ah,thought you meant for survs to able to see the killer they are gonna be playing
Oh hell no. Killer needs that edge, even if the game would be reworked. There are just always gonna be some perks that are going to be incredibly strong against one killer and useless against the other. It might be nice to know which type of killer you face(strategy, aka hag or trapper, long distance like oni, spirit, billy and freddy, stuff like that), to have a bigger variety in perks that will be used, rather than having to rely on a general build that could work against 99% of the killers(sprintburst, iron will, unbreakable, borrowed time etc).
Honestly I wish this was the case.. Because the amount of killers that bring Mori's because "OH, they're a Twitch Streamer, I have to Mori them" or "Oh; they had a Key I had to Mori them" is insane.. then there are the killers that instantly switch to Franklin's Demise if they see too many items.
That's a really good suggestion :F