The Rift + New tomes

What happens when the current rift expires, does it automatically renew with new tomes, or is there a grace period with nothing, I've no idea how it works so is there anyone able to explain this to me, thanks!

Comments

  • Last time, it took some time before the new one was released.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    Last time, it took some time before the new one was released.

    Okay thanks

  • When the Rift closes, the only thing that changes with the Tome is that the challenges no longer award Rift Fragments. You can still do the challenges at any point for bloodpoints or lore.

    A new Rift does not start right away. The next one starts around the time of a mid-chapter update, give or take a few days. The time in between is a grace period with no Rift, where you can go back and work on older challenges or just relax and forgot about the Rift altogether.

  • @Peanits said:

    When the Rift closes, the only thing that changes with the Tome is that the challenges no longer award Rift Fragments. You can still do the challenges at any point for bloodpoints or lore.

    A new Rift does not start right away. The next one starts around the time of a mid-chapter update, give or take a few days. The time in between is a grace period with no Rift, where you can go back and work on older challenges or just relax and forgot about the Rift altogether.

    If Rift Fragments were still to come, then there would be no reason to buy the rift level with real money. This is really well thought but there is a situation that I do not understand. I'm not sure if the rift closes after 14-13 days, I haven't entered the game today. Will there be an update immediately or will it uptade 1-2 days after it closes?

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167468#Comment_1167468

    If Rift Fragments were still to come, then there would be no reason to buy the rift level with real money. This is really well thought but there is a situation that I do not understand. I'm not sure if the rift closes after 14-13 days, I haven't entered the game today. Will there be an update immediately or will it uptade 1-2 days after it closes?

    The game does not need to update for the Rift to close, it happens automatically at a set time.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167476#Comment_1167476

    The game does not need to update for the Rift to close, it happens automatically at a set time.

    I understand this, will an update come after the rift is closed? Or will it come 1-2 days after the rift is closed?

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167468#Comment_1167468

    If Rift Fragments were still to come, then there would be no reason to buy the rift level with real money. This is really well thought but there is a situation that I do not understand. I'm not sure if the rift closes after 14-13 days, I haven't entered the game today. Will there be an update immediately or will it uptade 1-2 days after it closes?

    Not sure what you mean specifically, but the Rift will close once the timer expires. It doesn't need an update to the game to close it off, if that's what you are asking. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    So it will close immediately, without a game update. (If there will be an update on the same day, that is not related to the closure of the rift.)

  • @Gcarrara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167476#Comment_1167476

    Not sure what you mean specifically, but the Rift will close once the timer expires. It doesn't need an update to the game to close it off, if that's what you are asking. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    So it will close immediately, without a game update. (If there will be an update on the same day, that is not related to the closure of the rift.)

    I didn't mean it, sometimes I am setting up English sentences wrong, sorry for that. I mean, will a new update come right after the rift is closed?

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167479#Comment_1167479

    I understand this, will an update come after the rift is closed? Or will it come 1-2 days after the rift is closed?

    Ah, I see what you mean now.

    Not necessarily. It's typically a few weeks in between Rifts, but the exact time can vary.

  • @Peanits said:

    When the Rift closes, the only thing that changes with the Tome is that the challenges no longer award Rift Fragments. You can still do the challenges at any point for bloodpoints or lore.

    A new Rift does not start right away. The next one starts around the time of a mid-chapter update, give or take a few days. The time in between is a grace period with no Rift, where you can go back and work on older challenges or just relax and forgot about the Rift altogether.

    From the compendium, alongside the ability to earn bloodpoints and lore as you state. Are players also able to obtain completion charms by getting to the epilogue? or are these only available whilst the tomb is live?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167481#Comment_1167481

    Ah, I see what you mean now.

    Not necessarily. It's typically a few weeks in between Rifts, but the exact time can vary.

    I am happy that there is no misunderstanding. Thanks for answering back and sorry for my english. I can only sometimes make false sentences in this language.

  • @Dr_Trauts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167468#Comment_1167468

    From the compendium, alongside the ability to earn bloodpoints and lore as you state. Are players also able to obtain completion charms by getting to the epilogue? or are these only available whilst the tomb is live?

    Yep, that can be done at any time

  • @Dr_Trauts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167468#Comment_1167468

    From the compendium, alongside the ability to earn bloodpoints and lore as you state. Are players also able to obtain completion charms by getting to the epilogue? or are these only available whilst the tomb is live?

    The charms at the end of the Tome levels can be earned at any point, but any of the charms in the Rift can only be earned while the Rift is active (for now, at least).