Double Points to fight covid-19

Hello everyone! I hope your quarantine days are proceeding smoothly. Well, many of us are waiting for the emergency to be closed and depending on which state you are in you may decide, or even have to, stay shut at home. So, I was wondering, since we are stuck at home, why not be stuck at farming? Let me know how you feel about it, personally I think it would ease things a little, everything does after all, also one of the few ways of fighting Covid-19 while in quarantine is literally staying at home in quarantine and more farming equals more people at home, so less Covid-19. Stay well and many GGs

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Maybe because a virus that's killing people and ruining other peoples' livelihoods isn't something that shouldn't be celebrated.

    Besides, this community goes to pot whenever a double blood point event happens, anyway.

    Have you even read the post? I'm obvioulsy not talking about celebrating, it's literally the opposite. Covid-19 is quite clearly a threat and people are way more loose about something that is causing deaths than what you think of, since in many countries they are just going around the streets like nothing is happening. This post is NOT meant to be a flame or a provocation of any sort, I clearly wrote that I wish for more people to stay closed in their own houses so all of this can end quicker.

  • What if the BHVR team can't work because of the virus. So we are just stuck with the game as is. O.o

    Though I'm totally down for double BP.

  • @rhodamia said:

    What if the BHVR team can't work because of the virus. So we are just stuck with the game as is. O.o

    Though I'm totally down for double BP.

    Dude I don't know if the rift is closing after 14 days, they have to offer the new update after the rift is closed.

  • @rhodamia said:

    What if the BHVR team can't work because of the virus. So we are just stuck with the game as is. O.o

    Though I'm totally down for double BP.

    I read a post on Instagram that said the Devs set up a way to work from home to keep the game up, don't know if it's offical tho

  • We should have a poll whether it should be single, double or triple BP :D

  • Triple bloodpoints ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Maybe because a virus that's killing people and ruining other peoples' livelihoods isn't something that shouldn't be celebrated.

    Besides, this community goes to pot whenever a double blood point event happens, anyway.

    At the same time, perhaps it shouldn't be so sensationalized to the point of unnecessary mass hysteria and shutting down the entire planet like a bunch of scared jackwads.

  • It has nothing to do with "mass hysteria". Social distancing is the best way to handle this kind of thing.

    Unfortunately, society and its infrastructure is incredibly fragile. As soon as something pokes a hole in the system or something abnormal happens, the entire system crumbles.

    @Sairek You can't sit there and deny that unnecessary mass hysteria is a big part of it. Aristocratically, this is no different than West Nile, Meningitis, Sars, or H1N1. A lot of people are getting sick, but literally 95% of the people getting sick (which is like 0.000001% of people as a whole) are recovering fully. The most vulnerable are the ones with weak immune systems, or those who are already in poor health (both of which make up about 99% of the elderly and small children). Of course precautions need to be taken, but shutting down the planet for this is nonsense.

    When it gets to the point when people think toilet paper is going to somehow save them, that's mass hysteria. I live in Montreal (moved from Western Canada). A city of 4 million people...and there's 2 Costco's in the whole city. I've seen how people are acting.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167398#Comment_1167398

    Nice statistics. Where did you get them from? Or did you make them up?

    Either way, I guess two of my friends who are currently in the hospitals and have a real chance of not making it must be a part of that "0.000001%" figure. Right?

    I'm also one of those people with a weak immune system. My mother is even more at risk than I am, but I digress;

    Look, I'm not really interested in discussing the severity of the virus with you. Yes, I understand there's mass hysteria going on. Yes, I've seen people even buying like, 15 loafs of bread at once (don't know why bread; it expires really fast). People will freak out over any little thing at times. That doesn't mean the virus isn't a threat at all, especially if it mutates. If it mutates, we are going to have a major problem on our hands. Let's minimize that risk and the damage it could potentially do as best as we can, yes?

    Just because it may not be a threat to you specifically, doesn't mean it's not a threat to others who's hysteria may be quite reasonable if they may be vulnerable to the virus, or know someone who is and just want to make sure they stay safe. And just because it may not be a threat now doesn't mean it cannot be a threat in the future, either.

    At the end of the day, everyone lives in all sorts of environments and nobody's two living situations are the same. No doubt a lot of people are just being selfish; that's unfortunately a common trait with people. But for some people that hysteria may be very real and grounded.

    At the end of the day, I'm going to be doing my part to stay safe because for one, I don't feel like getting infected because why would I (it's still probably going to happen with how bad it's getting where I live though), and two, to not spread the virus, because the last thing I want to do is unwittingly spread the virus and be partially responsible for someone ending up in the hospital or even worse, dead. If it's "0.000001%" as you say it is, then let's do our best to keep it that low or even make it lower, because if someone needs medical attention and they can't receive it because the hospitals are too flooded, then that's a needless death that could have been prevented, and to me, human life is something we should all be doing our best to try and preserve.

    You're getting overly aggressive. I clearly said precautions need to be taken. Your cop out "I have two dying friends" argument is just that, a strong arm, BS, cop out argument. I'm sorry for your friends, I really am, but don't throw that crap at me.

    You're like that person in line at the grocery store who says "let me go ahead of you, I have cancer". That's a garbage move and I'm done with you. Cool it, bucko.

  • @rhodamia said:

    What if the BHVR team can't work because of the virus. So we are just stuck with the game as is. O.o

    Though I'm totally down for double BP.

    Most of us are working from home for the time being. Things might be a little slower for a while as we adjust, but it should only have a minimal impact on the game (we even released the hotfix on Tuesday as planned in spite of everything going on).

    No worries, we're still working on the game.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167335#Comment_1167335

    Most of us are working from home for the time being. Things might be a little slower for a while as we adjust, but it should only have a minimal impact on the game (we even released the hotfix on Tuesday as planned in spite of everything going on).

    No worries, we're still working on the game.

    When is the next double BP event gonna be? It seems like we never have them anymore. It would be nice to have one at least once a month like every other games do. Iplayon ps4, and it seems we always get boned when it comes to these...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167331#Comment_1167331

    I can claim that me flipping someone off is just my way of saying hello, but it doesn't change what it is that I'm actually doing, even if I claim as such.

    That's most likely an extreme and not the best example (best I can come up with at the top of my head right now I suppose), but either way, my point is that when you boil it down, it's still an event because of the virus and that's something I'm not comfortable with, personally.

    There's a lot of people who are stuck at home right now, yes. There's also a bunch of people who literally do not have a home right now because they lived on campus, have no job, and their campus kicked them out, and for a lot of the people in the city I live who were from the U.S., they can't even fly back home because the borders are shut down and are literally on the streets right now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167357#Comment_1167357

    It has nothing to do with "mass hysteria". Social distancing is the best way to handle this kind of thing.

    Unfortunately, society and its infrastructure is incredibly fragile. As soon as something pokes a hole in the system or something abnormal happens, the entire system crumbles.

    Right now in my city, where there's lots of people getting sick, we have students who are living out in the streets because the campus shut down, they can't get their student loans or their place of work shut down, and for the people who transferred here from the US, literally cannot go home because the borders are shut down. That's a very, very ######### situation.

    I just don't understand why we should hold a double blood point event when a good portion of people who may play this game (or any game) are stuck at home, stuck at home and for some/many, may be too sick to play or even become too sick to play, are currently homeless and can't play, or are both homeless and sick right now. It's possibly even worse for some people in the U.S. who clearly do not have the money to pay for healthcare. At least it's free here in Canada.

    It just makes more sense to me that if we were to hold a double blood point event, that we do so once the situation is over with and many people can return back to their normal livelihoods. This in my opinion wouldn't be in bad taste or at a bad time.

    I think you're looking at it from the wrong POV. It's not "hey, who cares about the coronavirus? FREE POINTS FOR EVERYONE." It's "We know that times are super tough, so here's a tiny little something to maybe brighten the dark days just a smidge." Kinda like how Wizards pushed back the Invasion cube for MTGO in favor of the significantly more popular Vintage cube just to make people who may be struggling just a little happier. It's a small gesture that can potentially go quite a ways in helping someone feel a little better.

  • We should get triple BP. It's an even greater incentive to stay inside.

  • I play walking dead road to survival on my phone, and they through in an off the cuff war event because people asked for it.

    People are stuck at home. Give them a reason to play the game.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167335#Comment_1167335

    Most of us are working from home for the time being. Things might be a little slower for a while as we adjust, but it should only have a minimal impact on the game (we even released the hotfix on Tuesday as planned in spite of everything going on).

    No worries, we're still working on the game.

    Does the support team work also in home? I still didn't get an answer

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167519#Comment_1167519

    Does the support team work also in home? I still didn't get an answer

    What difference does it make at home or in the company? After all, he still gives support.

  • @Raven9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167581#Comment_1167581

    What difference does it make at home or in the company? After all, he still gives support.

    I talk about other support team. Apparently devs does not respond about help center.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167594#Comment_1167594

    I talk about other support team. Apparently devs does not respond about help center.

    I'm not really sure what kind of answer he wants.

  • Why do you care? It's not like you can help me anyways lol

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167602#Comment_1167602

    Why do you care? It's not like you can help me anyways lol

    omg ;D....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167511#Comment_1167511

    That's not my intention at all, nor do I believe I'm being aggressive in anyway, but I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I'm just saying how I personally feel about it and see it. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167552#Comment_1167552

    I won't deny it could be like that, but the problem for me personally is that I believe people just want to use it as an excuse to get free blood points, not because they're really suffering or anything like that.

    I mean, it doesn't really actually matter. It's not like I'm trying to say that TERRIBLE things will happen if we get extra blood points and shame on the community. And I'd prefer personally if we were going to have double blood points because of the virus, I'd just prefer it to be at a time after the crisis, where everyone can play and maybe some members of the community aren't in the hospital or out on the streets. That's all.

    Or in other words, I'm just a cynical bastard.

    The thought process behind a double blood point event is to encourage people to stay home and play DBD (socially distancing yourself) while the pandemic passes through. I read through your past comments, but you seem to forget that this can potentially save the lives of others.

    Our goal is to slow the pandemic as much as possible because if too many people get infected, our hospitals will not be able to support the load and people who really need help will likely die, all countries have their limit. However, if a double blood point event was in effect, BHVR is encouraging people to stay home and play their game. Preferably, I would rather people play video games than to potentially venture out into the real world and make the situation even worse.


    At the end of the day, you're talking about people dying, Sairek. I believe the best thing BHVR can do to keep young people like us who can catch and spread the virus to people with weak immune systems, is by encouraging us to stay home and play video games where we can't do that.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167519#Comment_1167519

    Does the support team work also in home? I still didn't get an answer

    It depends on what part of the support team you're referring to. Some, like the ACM team, work from home year round. Others work in an actual office (separate from the BHVR office), so they may be impacted differently.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167398#Comment_1167398

    Nice statistics. Where did you get them from? Or did you make them up?

    Either way, I guess two of my friends who are currently in the hospitals and have a real chance of not making it must be a part of that "0.000001%" figure. Right?

    I'm also one of those people with a weak immune system. My mother is even more at risk than I am, but I digress;

    Look, I'm not really interested in discussing the severity of the virus with you. Yes, I understand there's mass hysteria going on. Yes, I've seen people even buying like, 15 loafs of bread at once (don't know why bread; it expires really fast). People will freak out over any little thing at times. That doesn't mean the virus isn't a threat at all, especially if it mutates. If it mutates, we are going to have a major problem on our hands. Let's minimize that risk and the damage it could potentially do as best as we can, yes?

    Just because it may not be a threat to you specifically, doesn't mean it's not a threat to others who's hysteria may be quite reasonable if they may be vulnerable to the virus, or know someone who is and just want to make sure they stay safe. And just because it may not be a threat now doesn't mean it cannot be a threat in the future, either.

    At the end of the day, everyone lives in all sorts of environments and nobody's two living situations are the same. No doubt a lot of people are just being selfish; that's unfortunately a common trait with people. But for some people that hysteria may be very real and grounded.

    At the end of the day, I'm going to be doing my part to stay safe because for one, I don't feel like getting infected because why would I (it's still probably going to happen with how bad it's getting where I live though), and two, to not spread the virus, because the last thing I want to do is unwittingly spread the virus and be partially responsible for someone ending up in the hospital or even worse, dead. If it's "0.000001%" as you say it is, then let's do our best to keep it that low or even make it lower, because if someone needs medical attention and they can't receive it because the hospitals are too flooded, then that's a needless death that could have been prevented, and to me, human life is something we should all be doing our best to try and preserve.

    His statistics are not made up.

    Currently we stand about an estimated

    242,000 confirmed cases.

    10,000 on the death toll

    And 87,000 to have fully recovered .

    As stated and recorded by the WHO and placed on a worldometer.


    You and your friends are more likely to be fine than not, as the death toll is mainly elderly, and sometimes very young kids. The few deaths on middle aged/young individuals have all been linked to *severe* immune deficiencies and as well as taking ibuprofen, which was also warned that it gets the virus to act aggressively shortly after the link was found. (Tylenol is fine)

    I do have a bone to pick and that is the mass hysteria revolving around the virus. Which is largely thanks to media outlets, as they are profiting from the widespread panic, and have NOT reported the recovery rate AT ALL. People are mass buying sanitization items in bulk (such as the face masks)... WHEN THEY HARDLY HELP AT ALL. My girlfriend is a nurse at a large Hospital. It really ticks me off that people are mass buying the items that actual Doctors and Nurses need the MOST.

    Tldr

    Buying out face masks and sanitizers will not help more than washing your hands and keeping them away from your face.

    The media is largely responsible for the mass hysteria, and they're keeping it going for some reason. (Shadow war we dont know about maybe?)

    You will be fine if you contract the virus, you have the advantage of being young. (Just don't take Ibuprofen)

  • quad everything till covid 19 only exists in the books! can't hurt the old reputation!!!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167670#Comment_1167670

    Those are the official confirmed cases, but we know the numbers are much greater than what's being reported. China for example, massively downplayed how bad the virus was spreading when it first began picking up wind. Then there's other factors we must consider as well. What about the people who don't go and report that they're sick though not even thinking it's the virus, or the people who just stay at home and don't bother reporting it? Or people who didn't even know they were sick are sick in the first place because they don't carry any of the symptoms?

    As for Ibuprofen... I kind of need it to myself to not be in near constant pain. Though allegedly, the idea that Ibuprofen might make the symptoms worse is still in "rumor territory" so far, and I'm not sick yet, so I'll continue taking it, at least for now.

    There are alternatives to ibuprofen. Still, dont take unnecessary risks if you're sick.

    As for the confirmed official cases. Yes. But neither of us are in China. The recovery rate is still quite important, as it does shed some light more. I'd keep an eye on the worldometer now since inspection kits are being deployed.

  • Yes please. F13 is doing it. But I am maxed out on there and it's no fun being ran over.

  • @rhodamia said:

    What if the BHVR team can't work because of the virus. So we are just stuck with the game as is. O.o

    Though I'm totally down for double BP.

    Programmers can work from home.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167642#Comment_1167642

    Well, whenever this game has a blood point event, as I said, the community goes to pot. A blood point event would ironically have the opposite effect on me (I don't really care about blood points anyways). Either turns everybody into try hards or people who want to farm and then suicide on hook if the killer doesn't want to and it just doesn't become fun. I've intentionally avoided the last three(?) x2 blood point events and judging from the complaints I see on this very forum during every event, they aren't things I've regretted missing.

    I know I'm the exception in this department ("WHAT? U NO LIKE MORE BLOODPOINTS?), but I know I'm also not the only one.

    ...Not that I'd be tempted to go outside right now anyways unless I had to. Nor are any of the other like, 40+ kids that live on my block alone. Usually everybody is outside playing during spring break but it's been miserably empty and silent since the start of the month.

    As many people already explained, the whole point of this post is to make an event to keep more people at home, offering a tiny, little bit of motivation to the ones that are trying to stay quarantined to avoid spreading the virus. So when you say that many people will turn into tryhards or will simply do it for free bloodpoints you are, first of all, forgetting about the whole part of the community who will actually benefit (from an emotional point of view) from the mere presence of the event and, second, the fact that even if some will partecipate in the event only for the BPs, they are still staying at home, which is the whole point of the thing.

    You should consider things from both sides of the coin: right now people will take just about anything they can to ease their tension since, like it's been said here, the medias are basically spreading panic and seeing people in the streets with masks or thinking you can't go outside doesn't really help; so I'm hopeful that this event would be taken positively by the community and, even if I know that this is unlikely to happen, if DbD and other many games adopted a similar reward system for staying inside, I think that quite some progress could be made towards a larger containment of the Covid-19.

    I look at the situation in my country, like you do, and know that here in Italy, while the situation is surely not the worst out of all, it still looks dire to the people living it, and the fact that as a country we are divided isn't helping at all: while many are desperately trying to stay closed inside to help containing the virus, there are a lot of others who are completely ignoring the quarantine warnings, spreading the virus at every corner. So when we talk about having x2 bloodpoints on DbD or any kind of event to keep people at home in other games, we are thinking of giving a small reminder to the ones that are trying to stay quarantined while seeing others going out like it's nothing, a reminder that staying inside is not all about losing time while you could go out, but you are doing it for a reason, which is avoiding further spread of the virus, and you should be encouraged to do so.

    I get your point, you say that with x2 the games turns into a mess with all the players turning into farming beasts, thing that would make some people drop the game for the duration of the event, but if we are talking about reception then the Devs are the ones that have the statistics and can tell if the event actually increases the number of active players, thing that I'm positive happens, since it's usually done during important periods of time when people are at home, can play and will most likely buy more things, since you progress faster.

    I'm quite positive this is just a small incentive, but then, why wouldn't you give it? Especially when it's something that could make people feel better.

  • Devs need to consider this. Turn on double bloodpoints. Let people try to take their mind off of what is going on right now. Many places have pitched different ideas and special things to help people through this time. I think devs turning on double bp would be a nice gesture.

  • Thank you all guys, looks like the message got through, rebember to stay at home and don't go crazy. Wish you all the best!

  • @Codaz

    Good job dude , you got us the bonus bloodpoints event ;)