Hatch Challenges Should Not Exist

Comments

  • Yeah, those suck. Not only are they annoying to deal with but I always feel kind of bad, because I know how frustrating it is when survivors rob you of your kills with a key. I got a key escape against a facecamping Freddy though, so I don't feel too bad about it.

  • Agreed. I've found it encourages players to hide out until their team is dead (even though the easiest way to get hatch is to gen rush).

  • @Ghoste said:

    Agreed. I've found it encourages players to hide out until their team is dead (even though the easiest way to get hatch is to gen rush).

    I had to do that. Sucks really bad. I had to stop myself from helping too much because of the hatch challenge. Pretty much played like a potato on purpose :(

  • I don't like a lot of the specific situation challenges for the survivors. Like...."Fall from a Great Height 4 Times" is such a weirdly situation thing that I found myself trying to find ways to make it happen and (potentially) causing a detriment to my team (since instead of trying to escape, I'm trying to run to a spot where I can fall and get my stupid challenge).

    I know I could just not do them but then what's the point of having them?

  • Honestly, the hatch challenge wasn't as bad as the pallet challenge! Everyone and their brother is using Deathslinger, if it's not Deathslinger then it's Doctor, if it's not Doctor then it's Huntress (oddly enough) all of which are a pita to get pallet stuns on. It took me so much longer to get 5 pallet stuns then it did to get 2 hatch escapes. Under normal circumstances I would see a 5 pallet stun challenge and be happy about it.

  • @NullEXE said:

    change my mind

    Why do you want us to change your mind?

    Also how often are you as a killer dealing with people on the hatch challenge that it is that big of an issue?

    I mean I do not like those challenges because of the reason most people here said. It forces you into being bad for your team. ALTHOUGH YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY AND DO GENS THEN ESCAPE. It is just an idea so you do not have to play like a potato. None of these challenges except a few say they all have to be done in a single trial. I am unsure about the fall from grace one but just do it as it happens. Do not go out of your way to make it happen. =)

  • The hatch challenge sucks. The pallet challenge sucks too. Fortunately I bypassed them both and have already achieved tier 70 so now I don’t have to do either one.

  • These reason's, and many others. @BHVR Stop making challenges that ruins the game. We all just want to have fun.

  • They still have left kill all 4 by "any means".

    Hatch challenge I felt I was sabotaging my teams escape when going off looking for the dam thing instead of doing gens/healing etc.

    Mori's and Keys shouldn't be in the game.

    The hatch mechanic needs to be rethought of as well, there is nothing more exciting than 1 killer, 2 survivors and 5 gens to do... you know someone is going to be hiding for that hatch.

  • oh god dont even get me started on the pallet stun challenges. like yes, lemme camp 5 pallets just to get this one challenge done.

    i wanted to experiment btw and it took me like 10 games to get 2, because im so greedy and hate throwing pallets