Some Killers don't need No ED
Legion, Plague, Meyers, Bubba, Oni and Billy really don't need No ED most of the time.
My main Killer is Legion and I used No ED as a crutch perk for awhile. Eventually, once I started getting better at chaining Frenzy and keeping people injured, I realized that I didn't need it anymore and it was burning a hole in my perk builds.
No ED definitely has its uses, but there are some Killers that get more mileage out of it than others. If you're playing one of the Killers I mentioned, try to run builds without No ED and you'll really start to improve a lot.
Comments
I've only used NOED in the early days of me playing, but now, I just don't bother. If survivors cleanse all totems, there's a slot gone instantly which could be filled with something much more useful. It's actually crazy how many red rank killers I see running it, which isn't bad, each to their own. But what makes me laugh more is seeing a Billy running it, alongside Haunted Grounds. As if his power wasn't enough of an Insta-Down!
I've stopped using it as well. Against a decent squad, it'll be rendered useless before the end and against a bad squad, I've likely killed them before the end any way.
Once in a while it would have come in handy but more often than not, it's a wasted perk slot.
I'm not going to complain about NOED anymore after what the devs did to Ruin.
And some survivors don't need tool boxes but... 🤷♂️
Unless I'm doing an end game build, or Im trying to get a 4k for quests, I very rarely use Noed. I simply don't see the use in a perk that if survivors play well and don't only focus on gens then the perk will be invalid, and if the gates are spread apart by alot, the perk usually becomes useless.
Additionally like you said some killers just don't need it. Anyone who can instant down or can be on survivors often don't need it.
Only killer I ever seriously used NOED on was Freddy before his rework. You didnt really have time to hit a survivor twice after waiting for them to fall asleep in endgame situations and people would just hook rush any hook once those gates were open since you couldnt punish it with old Freddy. I get why people would use it though since it IS a strong perk when it works and its a general perk. When you dont have alot of perks unlocked, Noed is a pretty good pick early on since even its rank 1 version is strong. Cant say that about alot of general perks.