Help me understand this devs

You can in less than a week go ahead and lower the sense on death slinger to make him overall likely worse which is quite a head scratcher to begin with..yet several months later console sense has yet to be improved as promised..help me understand why the priorities here seem so badly skewed

Comments

  • do you actually think the devs are going to respond to this post? I mean, really.

  • @DarqPhoenix said:

    do you actually think the devs are going to respond to this post? I mean, really.

    Irrelevant really..the objective of the post is to make a point..whether they reply or not I've said my piece..much like I replied to you despite you having no obvious desire to help the convorsation..I asked a question..simple and pure

  • There's actually a very simple answer to this. The Deathslinger was built with a new modifier in mind that allows us to easily tweak his ADS sensitivity. Meanwhile controller sensitivity is something that is grandfathered in from back in 2016. Some things like the Hillbilly's chainsaw emulate a controller for turning, and simply increasing the maximum sensitivity would mean that the Hillbilly could suddenly turn way more. In order to increase the maximum sensitivity range, we would need to go through and update anything using it to make sure that it doesn't break something.

    The controller sensitivity increase is still on the way, though, and it is actively being worked on.

  • @Peanits said:

    There's actually a very simple answer to this. The Deathslinger was built with a new modifier in mind that allows us to easily tweak his ADS sensitivity. Meanwhile controller sensitivity is something that is grandfathered in from back in 2016. Some things like the Hillbilly's chainsaw emulate a controller for turning, and simply increasing the maximum sensitivity would mean that the Hillbilly could suddenly turns way more. In order to increase the maximum sensitivity range, we would need to go through and update anything using it to make sure that it doesn't break something.

    The controller sensitivity increase is still on the way, though, and it is actively being worked on.

    you keep saying it’ll be increased why not enable mouse and keyboard?

  • @Peanits said:

    There's actually a very simple answer to this. The Deathslinger was built with a new modifier in mind that allows us to easily tweak his ADS sensitivity. Meanwhile controller sensitivity is something that is grandfathered in from back in 2016. Some things like the Hillbilly's chainsaw emulate a controller for turning, and simply increasing the maximum sensitivity would mean that the Hillbilly could suddenly turns way more. In order to increase the maximum sensitivity range, we would need to go through and update anything using it to make sure that it doesn't break something.

    The controller sensitivity increase is still on the way, though, and it is actively being worked on.

    That's the most amazing sit down and shut up I've read in a long while.

  • @Peanits said:

    There's actually a very simple answer to this. The Deathslinger was built with a new modifier in mind that allows us to easily tweak his ADS sensitivity. Meanwhile controller sensitivity is something that is grandfathered in from back in 2016. Some things like the Hillbilly's chainsaw emulate a controller for turning, and simply increasing the maximum sensitivity would mean that the Hillbilly could suddenly turns way more. In order to increase the maximum sensitivity range, we would need to go through and update anything using it to make sure that it doesn't break something.

    The controller sensitivity increase is still on the way, though, and it is actively being worked on.

    Interesting ..then that brings me to part 2..why? Why change the new killer this way as from some brutally honest feed back..he feels even worse and it wasnt feeling very good before with frame drops and already bad sense...every patch lately has been the bearer of bad news if I'm brutally honest

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164140#Comment_1164140

    Irrelevant really..the objective of the post is to make a point..whether they reply or not I've said my piece..much like I replied to you despite you having no obvious desire to help the convorsation..I asked a question..simple and pure

    just so we're clear, your "question" was mostly just you b*tching about things you don't understand and saying the killer was worse off bc of it. your nonsensical post didn't deserve any kind of response from anyone on the dev team, but clearly they've got free time.

  • @Peanits said:

    There's actually a very simple answer to this. The Deathslinger was built with a new modifier in mind that allows us to easily tweak his ADS sensitivity. Meanwhile controller sensitivity is something that is grandfathered in from back in 2016. Some things like the Hillbilly's chainsaw emulate a controller for turning, and simply increasing the maximum sensitivity would mean that the Hillbilly could suddenly turns way more. In order to increase the maximum sensitivity range, we would need to go through and update anything using it to make sure that it doesn't break something.

    The controller sensitivity increase is still on the way, though, and it is actively being worked on.

    DarqPhoenix, you were saying?

  • @DarqPhoenix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164146#Comment_1164146

    just so we're clear, your "question" was mostly just you b*tching about things you don't understand and saying the killer was worse off bc of it. your nonsensical post didn't deserve any kind of response from anyone on the dev team, but clearly they've got free time.

    Lol someone is embarrassed..and I'd say as I play the character I can understand it wasnt a good move and I will call it out as such..

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164186#Comment_1164186

    Lol someone is embarrassed..and I'd say as I play the character I can understand it wasnt a good move and I will call it out as such..

    no, i'm not embarrassed and I have no reason to be, what's embarrassing is that that the dev that answered the question has so little to do with his time that he's on the forum answering an idiotic question that was mostly just b*tching about something he didn't like, but also had no understanding of.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164147#Comment_1164147

    Interesting ..then that brings me to part 2..why? Why change the new killer this way as from some brutally honest feed back..he feels even worse and it wasnt feeling very good before with frame drops and already bad sense...every patch lately has been the bearer of bad news if I'm brutally honest

    I just played a couple of matches as him and you can really feel the change. Just trying to aim and keep up feels so sluggish now. Even when I have the shot ready they can just move slightly and boom, you can't aim enough or they're out of range again. I get they're working with the sensitivity, but lowering an already underwhelming killer seems like a bad move to me.

  • @DarqPhoenix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164191#Comment_1164191

    no, i'm not embarrassed and I have no reason to be, what's embarrassing is that that the dev that answered the question has so little to do with his time that he's on the forum answering an idiotic question that was mostly just b*tching about something he didn't like, but also had no understanding of.

    Lol very well..good day..clearly your in a mood

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164166#Comment_1164166

    I just played a couple of matches as him and you can really feel the change. Just trying to aim and keep up feels so sluggish now. Even when I have the shot ready they can just move slightly and boom, you can't aim enough or they're out of range again. I get they're working with the sensitivity, but lowering an already underwhelming killer seems like a bad move to me.

    I agree..tried it myself and it feels terrible...

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164147#Comment_1164147

    you keep saying it’ll be increased why not enable mouse and keyboard?

    That's a different story altogether. I wouldn't be against it personally, but there's a lot of people who feel as though they would be at a disadvantage against people on a keyboard + mouse.

  • @Peanits said:

    There's actually a very simple answer to this. The Deathslinger was built with a new modifier in mind that allows us to easily tweak his ADS sensitivity. Meanwhile controller sensitivity is something that is grandfathered in from back in 2016. Some things like the Hillbilly's chainsaw emulate a controller for turning, and simply increasing the maximum sensitivity would mean that the Hillbilly could suddenly turns way more. In order to increase the maximum sensitivity range, we would need to go through and update anything using it to make sure that it doesn't break something.

    The controller sensitivity increase is still on the way, though, and it is actively being worked on.

    "...it is actively being worked on."

    Like the Wraith flashlight bug. Or the Nurse blink bugs. Or sound bugs. Or window collision bugs. Or PGTW and Surge. Or Ghostface's reveal mechanic. Or registering grabs. Or superspeed Nurse. Or infinite flashlight blinds. Or survivors still losing items during escape. Or matchmaking.

    And that's a short list.


    The idea that controller sensitivity is being worked on any more than any other long outstanding issue isn't believable.

    There's a credibility issue here.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164159#Comment_1164159

    That's a different story altogether. I wouldn't be against it personally, but there's a lot of people who feel as though they would be at a disadvantage against people on a keyboard + mouse.

    How do tho? With killer your aiming while survivor is just running around