STOP trying to free yourself from the hook

Setiously that is straight up stupid. If you are hooked, WAIT for someone to try to take you off. You are ######### the match up for yourself and your team morons.
Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Setiously that is straight up stupid. If you are hooked, WAIT for someone to try to take you off. You are [BAD WORD] the match up for yourself and your team morons.
    Altho its only a 4% chance of escape ive seen it happen a few times and there are perks which I have that allow extra attempts without messing up your health.
  • Only time I try it is when I know for sure help is not coming.
  • Only time I try it is when I know for sure help is not coming.

    I do it when I see swf are using me as bait while trying to finish a gen. 
  • I'm going to make a wicked assumption here and assume you're on the PS4, in which case there are a lot of new players right now, so they might not know what it all does yet.

    If you're not on PS4, yikes, I'm glad I don't have your luck. Typically my teammates will sit there, except for the odd one that just gives up the first time they get hooked.

  • I do it when no one is trying to save me because obviously I want to live a little bit more you know. :)

    One time when everyone left me to die I escaped from the hook and left them to die after we powered all gens. Why should I die on the hook for the selfish survivors? Of course I don't struggle immediately and I usually wait a little bit to see what's up.
  • @megaweenieman said:
    Setiously that is straight up stupid. If you are hooked, WAIT for someone to try to take you off. You are [BAD WORD] the match up for yourself and your team morons.

    I suicide whenever I want.

  • Peanits said:

    I'm going to make a wicked assumption here and assume you're on the PS4, in which case there are a lot of new players right now, so they might not know what it all does yet.

    If you're not on PS4, yikes, I'm glad I don't have your luck. Typically my teammates will sit there, except for the odd one that just gives up the first time they get hooked.

    Yes you are correct. For all new players who stumble upon this post:

    the only excuse to attempt it is if you’re the last person in the match.


  • @megaweenieman said:

    Peanits said:

    >
    >

    I'm going to make a wicked assumption here and assume you're on the PS4, in which case there are a lot of new players right now, so they might not know what it all does yet.

    >

    If you're not on PS4, yikes, I'm glad I don't have your luck. Typically my teammates will sit there, except for the odd one that just gives up the first time they get hooked.

    Yes you are correct. For all new players who stumble upon this post:

    the only excuse to attempt it is if you’re the last person in the match.

    Nailed it.

    But yeah, struggling is a last resort, unless you're specifically running a build for it. It kills you faster for a very small chance to unhook yourself. Wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

  • There is trophy for escaping the hook and escaping, how else would you get that?
  • @Paddy4583 said:
    There is trophy for escaping the hook and escaping, how else would you get that?

    Try getting the basement one, I've gotten off the hook 4x in the basement and 2x the killer using Insidious was on the stairs. Amazingly enough they were both Wraiths and the other 2 killers came running as soon as i did. They were both in chases but broke them off to make sure I didn't get out alive.

  • powerbats said:

    @Paddy4583 said:
    There is trophy for escaping the hook and escaping, how else would you get that?

    Try getting the basement one, I've gotten off the hook 4x in the basement and 2x the killer using Insidious was on the stairs. Amazingly enough they were both Wraiths and the other 2 killers came running as soon as i did. They were both in chases but broke them off to make sure I didn't get out alive.

    I had an interesting game earlier where the hag hooked my friend in tje basement. She left and I went in (stupidly) to save her. Needless to say, I got hooked and she got rebooked and a 3rd survivor came down and got me unhooked. I unhooked my friend and then she got killed. As in escaping the basement the other survivor got hooked a second time and got sacrificed in a few seconds. I hopelessly limped around looking for the hatch. (No ######### way was I attempting the last gen). Of course I walked toward the house that had the basement and the hag appears and chases me. I ran with her right up my ass and found the hatch just as she tried to take another swing at me. It was intense.
  • Vortexas said:

    BUT MY HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!

    image

    Original sound bites for the win ;)
  • powerbats said:

    @Paddy4583 said:
    There is trophy for escaping the hook and escaping, how else would you get that?

    Try getting the basement one, I've gotten off the hook 4x in the basement and 2x the killer using Insidious was on the stairs. Amazingly enough they were both Wraiths and the other 2 killers came running as soon as i did. They were both in chases but broke them off to make sure I didn't get out alive.

    Never managed it from basement either