Earned enough BP to pip up but went down... #########???

So I was just in a match had a key that I was running around with escape through the hatch as I was the last survivor. I earned a silver a gold a silver and a bronze which earns me 8000 7013 2600 and 2638... Yet I didn't even pick up or retain my rank I actually went down... I've earned 13000 blood points in a match and have still retained my pip level how TF does that work???

Comments

  • hey ^^

    the ranking system and the score system actually work very differently.

    your rank is determined by emblems, which are earned in game through multiple actions while Bloodpoints determine your Score. This Score has nothing to do with your ranking, it only gives you Bloodpoints to level up characters.

    how do you earn emblems?

    the exact same way you also earn Bloodpoints: through ingame actions.

    there are 4 different types of Emblems for Survivors (Lightbringer, Unbroken, Benevolent, Evader) that each come with 5 different rarities (non existant, bronze, silver, gold, iridescent). in order to increase your rank, you need to get a certain amout of points - each emblem rarity is worth 1 point here. if you fall below that threshold, there is a safe pip that allows you to keep your rank - or, in case you didnt get nearly enough emblem points, you will lose a pip. the tresholds for these increase the higher your rank gets.

    but what exactly do you need to do for each emblem?

    Lightbringer: this requires you to complete gens, cleanse totems and open gates. the most points here are acquired through gen repair though. in order to get this to iridescent you need to repair ~3 gens.

    Unbroken: this requires you to survive. you get more points the longer you are alive without going down. iridescent is only obtainable here when you escaped without ever going down. an escape alone gives you a golden emblem and death lies between none and silver, depending on your time alive in the trial.

    Benevolent: this counts your altruistic actions. each heal and unhook gives you points towards this. in order to get an iridescent here, 3 safe unhooks should be enough.

    Evader: this requires you to evade the killer by eigther stealthing around them or by escaping chases succesfully.


    so to answer your original question: you may have gotten out with the hatch, however you didnt do enough action in different categories in order to earn your emblems.

  • what were your emblems and rank?

  • @HellDescent said:

    what were your emblems and rank?

    He said it in the post, a gold, two silvers, and a bronze.

    OP, earning 13,000 BP could have also been influenced by bloody party streamers. But yes, if overall your performance was an average of a silver (2 silvers, 1 bronze, 1 gold) you will not pip and depending on your rank you will possibly de-pip.

    Look on the bright side, as a survivor you at least have control of your chance to pip, if as a killer I get two salty survivors who die on their first hooks rather than ragequitting I'm looking at a safety pip at best.

  • @AlightBULLDOG said:

    So I was just in a match had a key that I was running around with escape through the hatch as I was the last survivor. I earned a silver a gold a silver and a bronze which earns me 8000 7013 2600 and 2638... Yet I didn't even pick up or retain my rank I actually went down... I've earned 13000 blood points in a match and have still retained my pip level how TF does that work???

    Simplest explanation:

    You gain a pip after getting a certain score.

    No emblem is 0 points, bronze is 1 point, silver is 2 points, gold is 3 points and iridescent is 4 points.

    Depending on you rank, you require a different amount of points. Seeing as you gained 8 points and lost a pip, that should mean you're around rank 4-1. At which point I do kinda have to point out that you sound like you've been boosted by others if you havent figured out how the pipping system works, or at the very least you sound like an old player returning to the game considering it used to work on bloodpoints.

    Here is a more in-depth explanation on how you rank up these days: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Rank

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137477/earned-enough-bp-to-pip-up-but-went-down-#########

    Simplest explanation:

    You gain a pip after getting a certain score.

    No emblem is 0 points, bronze is 1 point, silver is 2 points, gold is 3 points and iridescent is 4 points.

    Depending on you rank, you require a different amount of points. Seeing as you gained 8 points and lost a pip, that should mean you're around rank 4-1. At which point I do kinda have to point out that you sound like you've been boosted by others if you havent figured out how the pipping system works, or at the very least you sound like an old player returning to the game considering it used to work on bloodpoints.

    Here is a more in-depth explanation on how you rank up these days: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Rank

    I am an older player and only started playing again.