Hatch Opening Twice

Somebody explain why the hatch is able to open automatically after a key has been used and it’s been closed. For context, one survivor used a key to escape leaving two others and I close the hatch. I chase one of them out through the gate and it opens a second time allowing the last to leave. So basically, two free escapes that I had no control over.

Comments

  • Because a key can open it, just like if you shut a door and lock it but someone has a key it can be reopened. Its fair. They did the gens. Bet you're ok with moris, right?

  • @nicnc82 said:

    Because a key can open it, just like if you shut a door and lock it but someone has a key it can be reopened. Its fair. They did the gens. Bet you're ok with moris, right?

    The key opened it (which they found in game mind you, how would you like it if you could find moris). Then I closed it. Then it opened again on its own. 2 free escapes.

  • The hatch will reopen when there is only one survivor left even if it was open and closed before.

    It sucks in a situation like the one you described but that's just how it works.

  • @TheMidnightRidr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156879#Comment_1156879

    The key opened it (which they found in game mind you, how would you like it if you could find moris). Then I closed it. Then it opened again on its own. 2 free escapes.

    Yeah, it is kinda frustrating, but the Hatch will always open on itself no matter what. The key is the main problem in this situation, and Keys are unfair in their own ways.

  • That's how the hatch works. It opens with a key, and then automatically opens when there's only one survivor left.

    I had two people bring keys into a match. I didn't recognize it. When there were three players left (but one gen left to do) one player straight off the hook went and opened the hatch. I closed it. The next survivor came by and opened it and the last two escaped through the hatch. Very frustrating. Keys should be reworked a bit.

  • Because survivors don't have enough second chances