Versing deathslinger 1v1

How do you feel versing him so far?

I have huge difficulties 1v1ing him as soon the player has precise aim. I really can't react at all, as soon as I see him aiming for a splitsecond or hear the shot I'm already speared.

I tried to dodge pre shot (guessing when he would shot and just dodge just in case) but good players adapted really fast to that and now just wait it out to M1 or till you are in a corridor without possibility to dodge.

And I think some deathslingers are using a crosshair, I don't even see them aiming at all. I just see/hear the shot and speared with such a ridiculous precise aim.. Im used to this aim in csgo but not in a casual horror game.

You see, I'm a bit struggling and need some help if someone knows how. I did some humanbenchmarks to test my reaction times and got an average of 193ms on 10 tries and I think this really good.

I'm not saying deathslinger is OP, 1v4 he can easily get genrushed, especially when he misses some shots. I'm more struggling with the 1v1 aspect.

I also play deathslinger by myself. I tried to find out his weakness in 1v1 but so far no survivor was a struggle to me as long as my aim was good enough. I never felt countered, I only missed shots because of my bad aim.

Comments

  • I feel like Deathslinger will be the new Hag. In the hands of most players, hot garbage, but those that get really good at aiming are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Give it some time and you'll get better at countering/dodging the harpoon. He's new and people are still struggling against him, same happened with Demo and Oni, they were really good for the first few weeks, now they're high midtier at best.

  • So far... I'm doing what I do vs nurse. Breaking LOS for as much of the chase as possible.

    And hoping I can juke it while in the open.


    On the other hand, I'm getting into the habit of aiming and walking forward as deathslinger, people just juke themselves closer to me...🤷‍♂️

  • I haven't played against him but I've used him a bit. I find his biggest weakness is tall jungle gyms. If it's half height I can try to shoot over top of them but tall ones, I'm gotta loop. He is slow and it takes him a long time to catch up to people without shooting but don't push your luck. If he is getting around the corner before you do, drop that pallet. Pallets work just as well only you need to drop them early like your facing the doctor. I'm often catching people during a pallet loop. They try to loop me one too many times, like I'm an M1 killer. Only to be shot before they can drop the pallet. If they drop it one cycle sooner I can't hit them.

    Don't trust windows. I find those to be where he shines. Even if you vault he can shoot you, reel you in and hit you over the vault.

    Missed shots really punish him without reload add ons. Most of the time if I get a shot off and land a hit. Once I'm done reloading the chase music is gone. If your looping a jungle gym and he tries to shoot you as he comes around a corner, any miss shots punish him.

    Run spinechill. A lot of people are catching on to using m&a on him because of his slow movement speed. His TR is pretty small even without monitor.

    On haddiesfield you are not safe on the roof. If he can see you from the street he can pull you off the roof.

    Serpentine! That hook does has a travel time and the further away and more erratic you move, the harder it is to hit you. But there will always be that CoD, CS:GO, Overwatch player that only uses snipers and doesn't miss. Can't be helped

    This may sound stupid but if your standing next to another survivor and he fires his gun, try to be the first one hit. In that instance it's like Legion using his frenzy. He deep wounds the first person then he goes after someone else to spread around the dmg. That may not always apply if he doesn't think ahead.

  • Just don't get speared LMAO. You stupid?




    I've fulfilled my trolling quota for today. Have a good day op and I wish you the best.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    Just don't get speared LMAO. You stupid?

    I've fulfilled my trolling quota for today. Have a good day op and I wish you the best.

    Nope, sorry not yet. Still have to assume 4 people are a dirty main for no reason. Come on, at this rate you're gonna get fired if you don't fill your quotas.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156549#Comment_1156549

    Nope, sorry not yet. Still have to assume 4 people are a dirty main for no reason. Come on, at this rate you're gonna get fired if you don't fill your quotas.

    Uh uhhhh

    Nerf Nurse! She still too op!

    Buff Freddy!

    Dc'ing is a perfectly valid tactic for winning against sweaty killers.

    Devs should stop selling cosmetics and focus on FIXING THE GAME.

    Why isn't Jason in the game yet? Here's my fan made list of perks for him.

  • @DwightOP said:

    How do you feel versing him so far?

    I have huge difficulties 1v1ing him as soon the player has precise aim. I really can't react at all, as soon as I see him aiming for a splitsecond or hear the shot I'm already speared.

    I tried to dodge pre shot (guessing when he would shot and just dodge just in case) but good players adapted really fast to that and now just wait it out to M1 or till you are in a corridor without possibility to dodge.

    And I think some deathslingers are using a crosshair, I don't even see them aiming at all. I just see/hear the shot and speared with such a ridiculous precise aim.. Im used to this aim in csgo but not in a casual horror game.

    You see, I'm a bit struggling and need some help if someone knows how. I did some humanbenchmarks to test my reaction times and got an average of 193ms on 10 tries and I think this really good.

    I'm not saying deathslinger is OP, 1v4 he can easily get genrushed, especially when he misses some shots. I'm more struggling with the 1v1 aspect.

    I also play deathslinger by myself. I tried to find out his weakness in 1v1 but so far no survivor was a struggle to me as long as my aim was good enough. I never felt countered, I only missed shots because of my bad aim.

    Going to sound stupid but trust me it works.

    1: Many good Deatheslingers will ADS while you do your spin but they wait for you to reset your original location rather than trying to follow your character model. After a "dodge" don't line yourself back into the same spot.

    2: This is honestly the most amazing because it shows that BHVR can in fact make good hitboxes....DUCK. After a dodge attempt pop a quick crouch/duck, you would be amazed how many people don't aim down far enough to aim for your center mass and instead have that spear fly over your head.

    I'm not saying these two things will work all the time but I have had tremendous success with them. The second tip works great against Deathslingers on console because aiming is already a pain in the neck and most try to "strafe shot" and end up missing when you duck.

    My personal feelings, but I don't think we will see many Deathslinger players on console in the next few weeks (like Nurse, Huntress, Oni, etc) but I do think PC players will need to learn different loop path-ing. Overall I find The YeeHaw not all that worrisome.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137071/versing-deathslinger-1v1

    Going to sound stupid but trust me it works.

    1: Many good Deatheslingers will ADS while you do your spin but they wait for you to reset your original location rather than trying to follow your character model. After a "dodge" don't line yourself back into the same spot.

    2: This is honestly the most amazing because it shows that BHVR can in fact make good hitboxes....DUCK. After a dodge attempt pop a quick crouch/duck, you would be amazed how many people don't aim down far enough to aim for your center mass and instead have that spear fly over your head.

    I'm not saying these two things will work all the time but I have had tremendous success with them. The second tip works great against Deathslingers on console because aiming is already a pain in the neck and most try to "strafe shot" and end up missing when you duck.

    My personal feelings, but I don't think we will see many Deathslinger players on console in the next few weeks (like Nurse, Huntress, Oni, etc) but I do think PC players will need to learn different loop path-ing. Overall I find The YeeHaw not all that worrisome.

    That ducking sounds interesting, I will try that one out. Thanks for suggesting it.

    I'm on pc tho, some people have crazy aim and mouse really allows to do quick flick shots