They are keeping it to themselves to avoid exploitation.
Personally I hope survivors are judged mainly on how good they are in a chase. Anyone can do a rescue, hide or hit a skill check or two.
No, they are likely keeping it to themselves because there isn't one. They are just going to hide ranks, and open matchmaking and call it done. I say this because it is impossible to measure rank in a game like DBD, that relies so heavily on RNG.
Is a win for survivors just escaping through the hatch even if they do nothing?
Controversial topic, I know, but I would say yes to both of those. If a killer manages to 4K by facecamping, that's an achievement in itself, and at the very least indicates that they're better than the survivors they're playing against, which is what any ranking system is designed to measure. And escaping through the hatch without doing anything is actually more difficult to reliably pull off than it sounds, so if a survivor can manage to do that consistently enough to rank up on account of it, then again, hats off to them.
Things like being good in chases, repairing generators, rescuing teammates, hitting, hooking, etc. are only important insofar as they service the completion of the ultimate objective (kills/escapes). They are the means to an end. They represent skill at the game because they improve the player's chances of achieving their objective. So it makes sense that the ability to achieve that objective, not on a match-by-match basis but as an overall "winrate", would be the best measure of a player's ultimate skill level.
Controversial topic, I know, but I would say yes to both of those. If a killer manages to 4K by facecamping, that's an achievement in itself, and at the very least indicates that they're better than the survivors they're playing against, which is what any ranking system is designed to measure. And escaping through the hatch without doing anything is actually more difficult to reliably pull off than it sounds, so if a survivor can manage to do that consistently enough to rank up on account of it, then again, hats off to them.
Things like being good in chases, repairing generators, rescuing teammates, hitting, hooking, etc. are only important insofar as they service the completion of the ultimate objective (kills/escapes). They are the means to an end. They represent skill at the game because they improve the player's chances of achieving their objective. So it makes sense that the ability to achieve that objective, not on a match-by-match basis but as an overall "winrate", would be the best measure of a player's ultimate skill level.
With the way I played during the "Open the hatch 2x" challenge, I must be a miracle worker :P
Controversial topic, I know, but I would say yes to both of those. If a killer manages to 4K by facecamping, that's an achievement in itself, and at the very least indicates that they're better than the survivors they're playing against, which is what any ranking system is designed to measure. And escaping through the hatch without doing anything is actually more difficult to reliably pull off than it sounds, so if a survivor can manage to do that consistently enough to rank up on account of it, then again, hats off to them.
Things like being good in chases, repairing generators, rescuing teammates, hitting, hooking, etc. are only important insofar as they service the completion of the ultimate objective (kills/escapes). They are the means to an end. They represent skill at the game because they improve the player's chances of achieving their objective. So it makes sense that the ability to achieve that objective, not on a match-by-match basis but as an overall "winrate", would be the best measure of a player's ultimate skill level.
I'll actually agree there. If the survivors are dumb enough to hand a hard camping killer a 4k, they got outplayed.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They are keeping it to themselves to avoid exploitation.
Personally I hope survivors are judged mainly on how good they are in a chase. Anyone can do a rescue, hide or hit a skill check or two.
I'd guess win/loss ratios. You win all the time as survivor and get paired with a killer who wins all the time, well....
I believe it's literally the exact thing we have now, just in number form.
What's a win for killer?
Kills? Even if they facecamp 4 people?
Is a win for survivors just escaping through the hatch even if they do nothing?
No, they are likely keeping it to themselves because there isn't one. They are just going to hide ranks, and open matchmaking and call it done. I say this because it is impossible to measure rank in a game like DBD, that relies so heavily on RNG.
Controversial topic, I know, but I would say yes to both of those. If a killer manages to 4K by facecamping, that's an achievement in itself, and at the very least indicates that they're better than the survivors they're playing against, which is what any ranking system is designed to measure. And escaping through the hatch without doing anything is actually more difficult to reliably pull off than it sounds, so if a survivor can manage to do that consistently enough to rank up on account of it, then again, hats off to them.
Things like being good in chases, repairing generators, rescuing teammates, hitting, hooking, etc. are only important insofar as they service the completion of the ultimate objective (kills/escapes). They are the means to an end. They represent skill at the game because they improve the player's chances of achieving their objective. So it makes sense that the ability to achieve that objective, not on a match-by-match basis but as an overall "winrate", would be the best measure of a player's ultimate skill level.
I too would like to know.
With the way I played during the "Open the hatch 2x" challenge, I must be a miracle worker :P
I'll actually agree there. If the survivors are dumb enough to hand a hard camping killer a 4k, they got outplayed.