Deathslinger on Console

Hoo boy. If you thought Huntress or Nurse was hard on console, just TRY playing Deathslinger.

Since DBD doesn't have separate x-axis or y-axis sensitivity settings, or controller deadzone settings, or even seperate sensitivity settings for ADS, playing this Killer is the hardest thing in the universe. It's possible, sure, but so, so difficult.

You'd genuinely have to only play Deathslinger for several weeks straight on console to be able to even play somewhat well.

Comments

  • I'm enjoying him while survivors are still trying to figure out how to counter him. Played a few games as survivor and it was pretty easy to dodge his harpoons. Give him a few weeks, people will get good with him, and people who can't won't and will stop playing him, similarly to Nurse and Huntress.

  • Red rank Deathslingers be like "Wat".

    They've been consistently hitting every shot.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    I'm enjoying him while survivors are still trying to figure out how to counter him. Played a few games as survivor and it was pretty easy to dodge his harpoons. Give him a few weeks, people will get good with him, and people who can't won't and will stop playing him, similarly to Nurse and Huntress.

    It got to that point already for me. All day today, every survivor I encounter runs god loops and makes sure I can't physically hit them even when harpooned. They now dodge all over the place and now bodyblock the chain. Can't even play the guy for fun now since everyone just wants to slam gens against him and leave. So just another typical day in DbD!

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    Red rank Deathslingers be like "Wat".

    They've been consistently hitting every shot.

    On Console?

  • @Spooky13 said:

    I'm enjoying him while survivors are still trying to figure out how to counter him. Played a few games as survivor and it was pretty easy to dodge his harpoons. Give him a few weeks, people will get good with him, and people who can't won't and will stop playing him, similarly to Nurse and Huntress.

    I predict in a few weeks you'll hardly ever see him like Oni and Demogorgon. And I almost never see the nurse and when I do it is usually an easy game.

  • I'm rank 2 sometimes 1 on PS4. Deathslinger has been getting snowballs every game. I've had a few games where they didn't hit a shot and their Noed failed spectacularly, but he's consistently been a terror.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154229#Comment_1154229

    I'm rank 2 sometimes 1 on PS4. Deathslinger has been getting snowballs every game. I've had a few games where they didn't hit a shot and their Noed failed spectacularly, but he's consistently been a terror.

    I'm not seeing that at all.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154224#Comment_1154224

    It got to that point already for me. All day today, every survivor I encounter runs god loops and makes sure I can't physically hit them even when harpooned. They now dodge all over the place and now bodyblock the chain. Can't even play the guy for fun now since everyone just wants to slam gens against him and leave. So just another typical day in DbD!

    @toxcitynacl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154224#Comment_1154224

    I predict in a few weeks you'll hardly ever see him like Oni and Demogorgon. And I almost never see the nurse and when I do it is usually an easy game.


    I had a bully squad yesterday on Ironworks as Deathslinger. I honestly don't understand the reason of going in as a bully squad when a new killer literally came out yesterday. Like, you realize this is the reason all you see at high ranks is Nurse, Freddy, Billy, and Spirit? No one is going to want to play other killers when they know they're going to get bullied for 6 minutes straight and they can't do anything about it. Hopefully survivors go easy on him for the next few weeks, or else by the end of this week it'll probably be back to the same old 4 killers over and over.

  • I could start writing down their names, but I feel like it'd become a hit list for when I'm playing killer.

  • @AntiJelly said:

    Hoo boy. If you thought Huntress or Nurse was hard on console, just TRY playing Deathslinger.

    Since DBD doesn't have separate x-axis or y-axis sensitivity settings, or controller deadzone settings, or even seperate sensitivity settings for ADS, playing this Killer is the hardest thing in the universe. It's possible, sure, but so, so difficult.

    You'd genuinely have to only play Deathslinger for several weeks straight on console to be able to even play somewhat well.

    Use strafe aiming for refined aim. Thats work for horizontal aiming. FPS in console sucks, but there are techs from FPS you can use to improve your odds in console.


    I liked this killer soooo much, im sad im struggling. But somehow, he is easier than Huntress to get a hit with the power. Mainly cause its a "instant" shot and cause there is no sound when you aim so they can get cought easier.


    For example, the survivor enters the Shack. So you aim at the window, and have time to do that. He wont know cause there is no sound cue. When he appears at the other side of the window, shoot and spike him. Bring him close and hit thru the window.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154228#Comment_1154228

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154230#Comment_1154230

    I had a bully squad yesterday on Ironworks as Deathslinger. I honestly don't understand the reason of going in as a bully squad when a new killer literally came out yesterday. Like, you realize this is the reason all you see at high ranks is Nurse, Freddy, Billy, and Spirit? No one is going to want to play other killers when they know they're going to get bullied for 6 minutes straight and they can't do anything about it. Hopefully survivors go easy on him for the next few weeks, or else by the end of this week it'll probably be back to the same old 4 killers over and over.

    At my rank (rank 4) or even my smurf rank (rank 14) I never see the nurse. I see a god awful lot of doctors and spirits though. I see the Wraith and Oni more than I see the nurse.

  • @AntiJelly said:

    Hoo boy. If you thought Huntress or Nurse was hard on console, just TRY playing Deathslinger.

    Since DBD doesn't have separate x-axis or y-axis sensitivity settings, or controller deadzone settings, or even seperate sensitivity settings for ADS, playing this Killer is the hardest thing in the universe. It's possible, sure, but so, so difficult.

    You'd genuinely have to only play Deathslinger for several weeks straight on console to be able to even play somewhat well.

    Nurse and Huntress are both worse than Deathslinger on console. I've done actually very well with him. Learning how to accurately quick fire is why I've done so well.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154228#Comment_1154228

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154230#Comment_1154230

    I had a bully squad yesterday on Ironworks as Deathslinger. I honestly don't understand the reason of going in as a bully squad when a new killer literally came out yesterday. Like, you realize this is the reason all you see at high ranks is Nurse, Freddy, Billy, and Spirit? No one is going to want to play other killers when they know they're going to get bullied for 6 minutes straight and they can't do anything about it. Hopefully survivors go easy on him for the next few weeks, or else by the end of this week it'll probably be back to the same old 4 killers over and over.

    I've had multiple bully squads already. OoO runners, 4 Toolboxes to sabo hooks, the works. One group failed badly, but it still isn't the point. Why play the game if you're just going to act like a immature child on a playground knowing you 'beat' the killer. I get their enjoyment comes from destroying others, but I really don't see why. We're all here to just have fun at the end of the day.

  • I find him wayyyyy easier than Huntress and nurse. I even find nurse easier than Huntress.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1154245#Comment_1154245

    I've had multiple bully squads already. OoO runners, 4 Toolboxes to sabo hooks, the works. One group failed badly, but it still isn't the point. Why play the game if you're just going to act like a immature child on a playground knowing you 'beat' the killer. I get their enjoyment comes from destroying others, but I really don't see why. We're all here to just have fun at the end of the day.

    Same reason you get a camping cannibal with insidious who lurks behind a wall and then wipes out the entire four of you--making at least one of you dc to boot--which ends the game in 5 minutes because they are jerks and really when you get down to it stupid as well...think that person pip'ed from that game?

  • I've only played one game against him and the player was hitting some very nice shots around long wall loops etc. He ended up getting the 4k. Playing as him I've had very mixed results, but the controller settings currently aren't great and it has been around a year and a half since I've played any kind of first person shooter on console. I did better taking more conservative shots with him, I still have a tendency to shoot over the survivors' heads when quick scoping.

    I just understand that learning this type of killer for me is going to take a lot of losses to improve.