Why Exhaustion Perks are Necessary
At red ranks, a lot of Killers don’t really do looping anymore.
Freddy, Spirit, Nurse, Huntress, Deathslinger and Doctor are all commonly used and all of them are strong against traditional looping.
Exhaustion perks like Dead Hard and Sprint Burst add guaranteed time to every chase, against every Killer so even if a survivor can’t drag out a chase that long, they can waste time.
Basically, red ranks are balanced around quick chases and quick gens, so looping Killers like Trapper, Hag, Legion, Demo, Bubba etc aren’t really played. Which is why exhaustion perks (and second chance perks) are needed
Comments
@DepressedNurseMain It’s really a tough balance scenario, because exhaustion perks are the only counterplay to anti-loop killers.
But exhaustion perks are too strong against killers that are weak to looping because it stalls even more to chain loops
Necessary? I haven't used an exhaustion perk in months and I'm still drifting towards rank 1 every season with little effort.
I think that says more about people gradually ranking up due to playtime instead of skill than anything else.
Pretty much this. I'm god awful at loops, and I never use exhastion perks, but still managed to hit Rank 1. It doesn't take much anymore.
Rank 2 here, not using any exhaustion perks.