Which killer is the “sweet spot,” balance wise?
I’m sure we’ll get a variety of answers, hopefully no hateful fighting though.
For me it’s Huntress and maybe Doctor, they can both end chases quickly if you know how to use their abilities. But neither one is so oppressive that a survivor sees them and thinks “this is over no chance we escape.”
Doctor had a little built in slowdown and annoyance to skill checks so that may be a turn off for some people.
Comments
I'd say Demogorgon..
He has a way to traverse the map quickly and keep pressure, but it can be countered by survivors closing his portals.
His shred is pretty useful, he gets the undetectable status effect... and still he's nowhere near OP. In my opinion he's fun to play as and go against.
Billy was gonna be the third I named for sure, but since his addons are so easy to get and low rarity you run into instasaw billy or another strong addon Combo almost ever game.
Base billy is probably perfect
He is really fun to go against, I don’t think I play him very well but I know he had some strong strategies
Billy
Someone said this above, but Billy is the definition of a balanced killer for the most part
Other than him, I'd have to say...
Nurse, a high skill cap ceiling killer with even higher reward
Doctor, his rework has made him a really well balanced killer, and really accessible to play.
Lastly I'd say Spirit.
I play legion, pig, and ghostface mostly and they each have strong drawbacks but I still make them work out for me in red ranked play
Billy, Spirit, Doc, Freddy, Hag
Billy, maybe Freddy. Both can function well on any map, are subject to looping but have a way to counter it, Chainsaw for Billy, Snares for Freddy, and have great map pressure, while still being able to be outplayed by survivors through hiding or even just looping.
Huntress, Oni, Demogorgon, Doctor. Every other Killer has issues one way or another.
Billy vs 4 solo queue Survivors (assuming all 5 players have the same skill level)
Old Nurse vs 4-man SWF with voice comms
I used to have a problem with some Billy add-ons, but with Old Ruin gone it's all fair game.
Doctor, Spirit, Oni, Freddy, and Billy come to mind.
New Doc is solid and super fun to play as and against. His new buffs make him a super lethal threat too which is what he lacked for years.
Spirit after her nerfs has made her more fun to play against and honestly, she's still fun to play as. Yes, her phasing is still a coin toss but prayer beads and vaults were a really big issue and I'm glad things were resolved.
Oni, I know he's new, is in a good spot after he got fixed. The flick is back and the power is just as lethal as before. His only drawback is that his early game is slow but hey, if you snowball, you snowball hard.
Freddy is in a great spot these days because of his rework, I know some find him boring to play as and against but as someone who has Freddy in his top three main circle since he was gutted upon release, Freddy is practically perfect. Pressure, loop potential, mindgames, he's got 'em all.
Billy is one of our oldest killers and honestly, he's been in a decent spot since release. All the veterans remember the original flick and how lethal it was and although I miss it, Billy is far more balanced these days and he's still a monster in the right hands.
Probably hillbilly.
I would also say huntress but some maps are just horrible for her.
Huntress for sure.
Several people have said Hillbilly, but I feel iffy with some of his quirks.
Hillbilly.
I agree that maybe some of his addons are a bit off, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with him.
Id place my bet on Freddy. He is an example of an M1 Killer that deals with loops perfectly without unnecessary drawbacks, has mobility to move across the map, can counter Braindead Time users and doesnt rely on an add-on combination (most of his do suck, but at least he doesnt need them).
Same could be said about Billy, leaving aside insta-saw add-ons.
Freddy; hes good on chases, good on gen pressure/mobility and good on tracking (dream snares). Hes the template all killers should be judged against.
Alright, I am going to throw this out here, if we are talking killer at base kit with not perks or addons. I would have to either say Demodoggy, Piggy or Ghost Face... I will explain why I am elimination the others.
So why did I pick Demodoggy, Piggy and Ghost Face. Well they are all killer who on average get a 2k and 2 escape ratio. Their powers are not so powerful that it forces survivors to play optimal to get a 2-3 man escape. They can still make mistakes. However their power isn't so weak that you can't make mistakes you can't recover from.
Billy, Doctor, Freddy, Hag, Demogorgon and maybe Nurse with her rework are the most balanced killers.