Survivor Perk Idea That Will Stop Arguments

Fight til' the death - The struggle phase of a hook is increased by 20/30/40 seconds.
This would make the argument of face camping and all other camp focused plays less valid because the survivors would should make the most out of the potential extra time they have.

If a struggling survivor is rescued from hook, for the remainder of the game they cannot be healed to healthy.(like no mither)

What do you think? I'm sick and tired of survivors complaining about facecamping, make the most out of the time you have. Killers should challenge themselves to go for someone else and should rightly be more difficult to play cheaply by face camping.
Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Considering how Survivors already use the extra hook time granted by the devs to rush gens harder, I don't see how this could be a problem at all. /s
  • "But why should I waste a perk slot that could be used for DS/SC/SB/BT to fight a cheating killer, waaaah"
    -Survivor mains, probably.

    On a serious note, oh god even more button spamming to stay alive. plz no. I slip up as is when I sneeze or something and die because I missed spamming by .0005 seconds. I'd hate it even more if I had used a perk to make it last longer :lol:

  • For one, the values are incredibly powerful considering how precise DBD needs to be. And secondly, that time can easily be abused with SWF (Like many other perks) one minute of struggle is plenty, considering how much gen progress can be made without this perk.

  • I don't really think it's necessary. You're already on there for two minutes anyway. That's enough for each survivor to do a generator, and then team up to get another done. Kindred would reveal that the killer is facecamping, so that bit's already covered, and showing each other's auras would help you coordinate.

    So basically by default, you just need to do one more generator, if you haven't already gotten one done by the time they're downed and hooked.

  • AshleyWB said:
    Fight til' the death - The struggle phase of a hook is increased by 20/30/40 seconds.
    This would make the argument of face camping and all other camp focused plays less valid because the survivors would should make the most out of the potential extra time they have.

    If a struggling survivor is rescued from hook, for the remainder of the game they cannot be healed to healthy.(like no mither)

    What do you think? I'm sick and tired of survivors complaining about facecamping, make the most out of the time you have. Killers should challenge themselves to go for someone else and should rightly be more difficult to play cheaply by face camping.

    So you just think killers should be forced to give up more options, huh? No more dying light, Mori's become weaker, insidious and mostoruous shrine would basically have to be deleted since there concept would be completely lost ; Or you have to buff monstorous shrine to Insta sack in the basement and insidious to be a stackable TR reducer combined with M and A. I mean if were just going to be ridiculous why not 
  • God no
    The 2 mins of camping is enough for me any longer and I’d just not bother with the struggle at all
  • Camping the one hooked survivor us too easy. Killers should be discouraged for not wanting to go after others. And when I'm the one that ends up getting facecamped I want the killer to pay. 

    SWF is a separate issue. Maybe struggle times are pretty long anyway.

    I just want unfun/frustrating aspects of the game removed.
  • For one, the values are incredibly powerful considering how precise DBD needs to be. And secondly, that time can easily be abused with SWF (Like many other perks) one minute of struggle is plenty, considering how much gen progress can be made without this perk.

    Then surely that's a good incentive to go for someone else. That's the idea behind the perk. The figures are just from the top of my mind and don't represent what is best.
  • So basically this is another survivor whine thread when younjust said you were tired of whine threads... yyyyup.
  • So basically this is another survivor whine thread when younjust said you were tired of whine threads... yyyyup.
  • For one, the values are incredibly powerful considering how precise DBD needs to be. And secondly, that time can easily be abused with SWF (Like many other perks) one minute of struggle is plenty, considering how much gen progress can be made without this perk.

    I was thinking that the struggle phase should have skill checks that appear every 5 seconds. Getting a great skill check will add an additional second to your sacrifice timer and a good skill just keeps you struggling for your life. If you miss the skill check because you went for a great then you instantly get sacrificed as if you stopped hitting the struggle button on the live version. I think this would be okay since it's risk and reward for more time on the hook.
  • So basically this is another survivor whine thread when younjust said you were tired of whine threads... yyyyup.
    So we should ignore everything bad this game does. It's not a whine thread it was an idea to deter camping. Camping isn't fun and you know that. I play both killer and survivor solo and when I get hooked I want survivors to make the killer pay for camping. You can shove that yyyyup where the sun doesn't shine if you think I'm wrong. 

    So basically no one is ever allowed to suggest anything because people like you will be like...entitled killer main.....entitled survivor main. Literally you are part of the reason why this community is such a toxic place.
  • AshleyWB said:
    So basically this is another survivor whine thread when younjust said you were tired of whine threads... yyyyup.
    So we should ignore everything bad this game does. It's not a whine thread it was an idea to deter camping. Camping isn't fun and you know that. I play both killer and survivor solo and when I get hooked I want survivors to make the killer pay for camping. You can shove that yyyyup where the sun doesn't shine if you think I'm wrong. 

    So basically no one is ever allowed to suggest anything because people like you will be like...entitled killer main.....entitled survivor main. Literally you are part of the reason why this community is such a toxic place.
    I think you are on the right track trying to find a solution that doesn't directly punish the killer amd has a downside for the survivors, too.  That said, I think this idea has too much potential for abuse and would just lead to making the gen rush problem worse.
  • I'm a survivor main and I dont have any issues with a killer camping or another survivor not attempting to save me if I get hooked. Maybe I'm just a rational thinker? If I was a killer I wouldnt just throw my victim on a hook and then just walk off. Id make sure he was dead or kind of bait around the area to see if another survivor tries to save him/her. 
  • I have changed my mind but there desperately needs to be more to deter the killer from camping. Spamming struggle can get too monotonous. I think the principal of my idea is reasonsble but the perk is actually not an answer to the problem.
  • AshleyWB said:
    I have changed my mind but there desperately needs to be more to deter the killer from camping. Spamming struggle can get too monotonous. I think the principal of my idea is reasonsble but the perk is actually not an answer to the problem.
    Wait, did you just rethink your position and come to a rational conclusion via a civil discourse? 

    You must be on the wrong forum!  Quick. say something salty!  =)