I miss community events

I know, we only had one, but I liked it.



If you don't know what it was, I think it was for getting Feng's event shirt for the Lunar Event, what we had to do was collect a LOT of different tokens after doing generators or hooking survivors, which is how you got the cosmetics without purchasing, I.E getting the hound mask and david's lunar jacket.

I hope on winter solstice we get this in December

Comments

  • The only community participation that came from those events were the amount of bitching towards BHVR.

  • I just miss events in general. I'm not very fond of the new "decorated hooks and gens are an event" thing they've been doing lately. There's no event feeling from getting stuff from the rift. I remember the Halloween event and I got the last Halloween cosmetic in December.

    But I remember the community event with Feng and now I miss it even more. I loved waking up in the morning and looking at the progress the community had made. I really miss those times and hope the devs are considering giving us these kind of events back. Lunar New Year was an amazing event with a second objective that encouraged survivors to actually survive, not like those flowers.

  • I miss them too. It's cool if they're prioritizing bug fixing over new events, but I don't want the devs to keep exclusively tying events to the Rift. We should get more events in the style of Hallowed Blight and Moonrise. The Rift could be an additional way to earn extra event currency.

  • I enjoyed the events, but... Except for one event, "Event Hooks" could be Sabo'd, which is dumb and killers would try to defend the "special gens" so as to deny survivors their extra points. The event was nice, but the community would always go full try hard or just be down right toxic. Pretty much how most every double blood point event goes.

    This game is far from perfect, but the events being disappointing or less than fun was fully the communities fault.

    My guess is it is at least partly our fault that they no longer do them.

    I miss 2017-2018.

  • I would argue that the tomes and their challenges are events. So really, there are events ongoing almost all the time now. I wouldn't mind if they brought back Summer BBQ or Christmas stuff too. But I don't feel like I'm being slighted either.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I would argue that the tomes and their challenges are events. So really, there are events ongoing almost all the time now. I wouldn't mind if they brought back Summer BBQ or Christmas stuff too. But I don't feel like I'm being slighted either.

    The tomes are not events. The game looks EXACTLY the same all the time now. You can never tell the difference. All the Tomes did was alter gameplay in the game indefinitely. The events changed up objectives for 2 weeks or so.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138204#Comment_1138204

    The tomes are not events. The game looks EXACTLY the same all the time now. You can never tell the difference. All the Tomes did was alter gameplay in the game indefinitely. The events changed up objectives for 2 weeks or so.

    An event does not necessarily mean that the game world has to look different. Nor does the game world looking different equal an event. This last winter "event" is a good example. The game world looked different but there was virtually no difference to the game itself. Basically a chance for firework items in the bloodweb or chests. Imho that isn't enough to qualify as being an event. To me an event is defined by extra objectives and rewards. That is the definition of the tomes. So I stand by my statement.

  • I really miss the cankerous things and the meat flowers from hallowed blight😥

  • I'm kinda curious...

    will the Pustula Petals, BBQ Invitations, Envelopes etc, for these events become redundant, or will we ever see them back in use?

  • @Supernaut said:

    I'm kinda curious...

    will the Pustula Petals, BBQ Invitations, Envelopes etc, for these events become redundant, or will we ever see them back in use?

    You expect a plan?

  • Got a LOT left over and holding one survivor/killer from P3 just in case it runs again so I can blitz 50 cheap bloodwebs...

  • @Supernaut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138597#Comment_1138597

    Got a LOT left over and holding one survivor/killer from P3 just in case it runs again so I can blitz 50 cheap bloodwebs...

    I have a ton also on multiple characters and it was one of the first things i thought of when they mentioned doing away with events to focus on other things. It is hard using them all when you get 2 or 3 per blood web and can clear a bloodweb with one round of a killer match.

  • Yeah, I agree. The highlights of my entire time playing DbD are the games I had during the Hallowed Blight event.

  • @AntiJelly said:

    Yeah, I agree. The highlights of my entire time playing DbD are the games I had during the Hallowed Blight event.

    I wish I would have been around for that. Maybe they'll bring it back.

  • I've seen videos of it and it seems cool asf. I hate I didn't get to experience things such as the slushie machine stuff Feng event and getting an anniversary cake. Also being able to use old offerings.

  • Since they put event stuff in the rift, I slowly lost interest in this game to be honest. I can't complete the rift in time to get all the rewards for the "event" items anyway, so why bother even playing this game.


    I used to really look forward to events in this game (and to play a lot of Dbd because of it), now its just dull the whole year. Okay, sometimes we get an new "exclusive" item in our bloodweb and some other looking lockers/barrels/gens, but who cares about that honestly.