Making Insidious... not terrible.
Let's face it, this is a perk meant for camping, and not even a great one at that. To use it outside of that is near pointless, and wastes time for nobody but the killer.
So, how do we change it?
Well we can make it something like this.
After hooking a survivor, you get the undetectable status effect for (x) seconds.
To prevent "undetectable chain hooks" the perk could be given a 30/29/28 second cooldown after the effect wears out.
PROS:
- The perk has more use outside of camping, and doesn't slow the flow of the game for the killer.
- Direct counter to BT "hook bombs"
- Stealth approaches with Killers that don't use stealth abilities could make a huge difference in getting a hit where you normally wouldn't.
CONS:
- Could be too strong when paired up with other perks and Killer powers
- Indirect buff to Camping and Tunneling, even if it's for a short duration. ( still would take this over what it is now.)
I'd @ devs but I simply want to know what the community thinks of the perk currently, and is this a good idea?
Comments
Oh and kudos to @DudeDelicious for reminding me the perk still exists and is still a pretty pointless perk atm lmao
That's a significantly better change.
Camping is still an option but with a limit on how long you can camp with stealth, and with a sensible restriction so you *can't chain hook to achieve perma-stealth.
Removing the stand still requirement encourages the Killer to not camp (use the stealth to try and catch someone else), and makes the perk more flexible with builds.
My only suggestion would be having the undetectable status disable after hitting someone or being stunned.
I was also thinking that at some point, but I decided it was best to not put it up because Tinkerer and Dark Devotion works this way as well.
I will give you this one because it is pretty funny. Makes for a nice meme.
Still, it would definitely see the perk being used more this way. Just another way to shake up the meta some more.
Think it might be a small detail BHVR need to add to the Undetectable description XD
They could do this xD. I just hope the thread gets acknowledged by them and answer If it's foreseeable to make this change to the perk. I think it would be pretty fun this way rather than standing still and waiting until gens are complete
Sounds pretty spooky, I'd love to at least try it.
I already love the one in a million matches where insidious is used for something else than camping, like a killer predicting a survivor will return to a gen and jumping them out of stealth as a result. Every time it happens I wonder how the killer can even walk around the map with their gigantic brain ๐
Truly a 1% chad
true
Que?
Quoi?
I uh... I think you need to read my post a bit more in depth... ๐ค๐คญ
Insidious has a bad rep for camping hooks and yeah killers who take it almost always have that in mind. But I've been having fun with it for mind games like chasing someone off a gen (like a blendette that just hides when they hear the terror radius) then just waiting for them to come back (usually not a very long wait), surprising them at exit gates, just parking it along a probable avenue of approach between gens, wait around a wall for someone you know is going to Head On you from a locker, counter strong line of sight blocking jungle gyms, etc. I usually get several good opportunities to play with it during a match.
But I never stereotype and camp a hook with it.
I do like it better than what we currently have.
I mean... that's still camping... just a generator instead of a hooked survivor
How much of undetectable can be considered strong enough? So, you know, it doesn't end as you get to the gen that's, as usual, on another side of the map.
As is, I like the idea. I would make it like devour hope, after 5 seconds (or maybe 24m away from a hook), you gain undetectable for 30 seconds, to not make it immediately obvious, but also to have some control over when you want to activate it.
Look at it this way - he's just protecting that poor gen from getting tunneled.
I like this idea. Making more perks useful is always a good thing.
That is something that I wanted to ask myself as well. I left it blank because I am not so sure about which number values would make it balanced.
But if the perk is changed this way it would definitely make its usefulness double. It makes me curious how many people would use it
Yes. It's good to have a variety of perks so that people can play around with builds and have fun.
Someone might do a silent killer build like this with dark Devotion and be the ultimate stealth... legion or something.
I think clown would actually benefit from this. Or maybe even myers after T2/3
Revitalize this thread because the perk still needs attention :x
Help Insidious become fun for killers!!