DC Penalty doesn't solve the whole problem

The DC penalty only solves half of the problem. Yes, killers have to think twice now about disconnecting and multiple disconnects lead to longer bans but survivors have a get out of jail free card by sacrificing themselves on the first hook when they get knocked down near the start of the game or they are vs a killer they dont like (or the game isnt going their way in general), in fact this seems more noticeable now we do have the disconnect penalty and I think it is ruining a lot of games. If a survivor sacrifices on the first hook, they are still putting their team in a difficult and often a no win situation but without any kind real penalty to discourage that behaviour in the future. If anything you may see the derank as a reward.

Are there any plans to address this? My suggestion is to have the struggle mechanic automatic, so the survivor is forced to stay in the game as long as possible. It is basically what killers have to go through now, they can't leave the game without penalty so if they face off against a no win situation they have to endure it to the bitter end. Why should this be different for survivors?

Comments

  • They cannot and should never force anyone to stay in a game. People got their bans, be happy. Stop trying to force people to stay in games. Because if someone doesnt want to be in a game, they will not do anything. Just let them go ahead and die first hook.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    They cannot and should never force anyone to stay in a game. People got their bans, be happy. Stop trying to force people to stay in games. Because if someone doesnt want to be in a game, they will not do anything. Just let them go ahead and die first hook.

    How can the killer leave a game they don't want to be in, without penalty, if no one should ever be forced to stay in a game?

  • As killer If I can’t leave a game AKA (Ghostface on COLDWIND)

    I’m gonna sit in the corner and make everyone Depip with me.

    Survivors can’t get benevolent if I don’t hook and chaser emblem if I don’t chase. :/

    Take your free escape, but I’m taking you down in the process D=<.

    On another note it’s why I run a full endgame build now. I’m satisfied with just a kill if I’m not happy with in the game.

  • @Pennywise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1135900#Comment_1135900

    How can the killer leave a game they don't want to be in, without penalty, if no one should ever be forced to stay in a game?

    stay AFK and stop crying, or maybe LEARN how to play?

    Im a survivor main, and if the killer isnt the one i want to play I just dont play, you just CANT FORCE ME TO PLAY something I DONT WANT.

    if you dont like it go play friday the 13.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    As killer If I can’t leave a game AKA (Ghostface on COLDWIND)

    I’m gonna sit in the corner and make everyone Depip with me.

    Survivors can’t get benevolent if I don’t hook and chaser emblem if I don’t chase. :/

    Take your free escape, but I’m taking you down in the process D=<.

    On another note it’s why I run a full endgame build now. I’m satisfied with just a kill if I’m not happy with in the game.

    Lol. If you sit in the corner that only makes getting an iridescent evasion emblem even easier because all they need to do is continuously circle around you and that counts as a chase. We may not get a benevolent emblem but we can farm a hell of a lot of points from an afk killer.

  • @Boludosattendant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1135903#Comment_1135903

    stay AFK and stop crying, or maybe LEARN how to play?

    Im a survivor main, and if the killer isnt the one i want to play I just dont play, you just CANT FORCE ME TO PLAY something I DONT WANT.

    if you dont like it go play friday the 13.

    Ok little baby survivor would you like your baby bottle now?

    so let me ask you

    Why don’t you just stay afk, stop crying, and LEARN how to play the game INSTEAD of Killing you’re huh?

    No one should be forced to play in a game they don’t like. So why can’t a killer have a way out without get punished.

    you literally just prove a point of this topic.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1135947#Comment_1135947

    Lol. If you sit in the corner that only makes getting an iridescent evasion emblem even easier because all they need to do is continuously circle around you and that counts as a chase. We may not get a benevolent emblem but we can farm a hell of a lot of points from an afk killer.

    Not if I’m facing the wall :/

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1135947#Comment_1135947

    Lol. If you sit in the corner that only makes getting an iridescent evasion emblem even easier because all they need to do is continuously circle around you and that counts as a chase. We may not get a benevolent emblem but we can farm a hell of a lot of points from an afk killer.

    It doesn't count as a chase if they're facing the wall.

  • It's not perfect but I feel the dc penalty is a step forward at least.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    It's not perfect but I feel the dc penalty is a step forward at least.

    Maybe or maybe not. Seems like no one cares about the penalties. People are either going to get on smurf accounts or it will drive people away from the game. Forcing people to not play your game can’t be a good thing in the long run. 🤷‍♀️

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136034#Comment_1136034

    Maybe or maybe not. Seems like no one cares about the penalties. People are either going to get on smurf accounts or it will drive people away from the game. Forcing people to not play your game can’t be a good thing in the long run. 🤷‍♀️

    I dont think smurf accounts would work in this game. You would have to unlock all the perks again. If your going to dc because you were found first or you don't like the killer being used id rather you stop playing dbd all together. Makes my life easier. I dont have to listen to the other 3 survivors whine at me for not going easy because someone quit. Better than letting them get away with it. I remember the days where

    I missed my ds /quit

    ruin wasnt cleansed in 20 secs /quit

    I was found first /quit

    The killer is nurse /quit

    Someone brought a BPS /quit

    The killer isnt farming /quit

    The killer hit me /quit

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136052#Comment_1136052

    I dont think smurf accounts would work in this game. You would have to unlock all the perks again. If your going to dc because you were found first or you don't like the killer being used id rather you stop playing dbd all together. Makes my life easier. I dont have to listen to the other 3 survivors whine at me for not going easy because someone quit. Better than letting them get away with it. I remember the days where

    I missed my ds /quit

    ruin wasnt cleansed in 20 secs /quit

    I was found first /quit

    The killer is nurse /quit

    Someone brought a BPS /quit

    The killer isnt farming /quit

    The killer hit me /quit

    Lots of people use smurfs. You don’t need all the perks. Experiment with different perks or build them up. Eventually you would get them but a smurf is just that, a smurf acc. Its not your main so it doesn’t matter what you have on it.

    most reasons that people dc are bs and I don’t agree wit but there are also some situations where I don’t blame the survivor at all for dc’ing.

    dc’ing will always be a thing. I see it just as much now as what I use to. Had 3 killers dc the other day in the space of 4 games. Had a killer dc yesterday, every few games I still see survivors dc’ing. The penalties won’t change anything

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1135950#Comment_1135950

    Ok little baby survivor would you like your baby bottle now?

    so let me ask you

    Why don’t you just stay afk, stop crying, and LEARN how to play the game INSTEAD of Killing you’re huh?

    No one should be forced to play in a game they don’t like. So why can’t a killer have a way out without get punished.

    you literally just prove a point of this topic.

    lol, i do that bruh. i stay AFK, if i dont like the killer. have more than 2k hours, and i wanna play how i want not how devs or noobs killers want.