When are Dedicated servers coming back to Xbox?
any ETA?
I really don't want to deal with P2P anymore
any ETA?
I really don't want to deal with P2P anymore
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't see them comming back anytime soon due to the amount of complaints when they were implemented. P2P will probably work better than any dedicated servers that we could get in the near future anyway.
I've played this game on Xbox, PS4 and PC since late 2017. Long as you paid attention to the killer's ping in the lobby and didn't join a bad or bouncy ping game, everything was fine tuned well. Hits almost always felt right. You had the occasional ping spike, but it was not often. You sometimes got some lag switchers (very rare) or someone who's ping would go to crap after the game started, but it was by far the minority.
Due to milliseconds mattering, P2P will feel better than Dedicated Servers ever will. DS just allows them to punish DC's, possibly implement crossplay, get better data and probably other stuff I'm unaware of.
I feel the best days of hits feeling right are a thing of the past as long as we have dedicated servers. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I envy you that you can play on P2P.
I miss it bad, lag switching has been so bad lately since they removed them.