Add Chucky As a New Killer?

So, hear me out. I would love to see Chucky as a newly introduced killer. However, instead of his standard, iconic doll size I think they could make him life size; making him average height. That way he wouldn’t be too difficult to spot on maps and he could stay true to the iconic shoulder carry. They could also make their own spin on how he came to become a life-sized doll in his backstory. Cosmetic wise they could give him different styled overalls, shirts and shoes; different faces such as a damaged face and benign face. Maybe even different styles of apparel so it’s not limited to just his classic overalls. His arsenal could consist of knives, axes, hammers and other weapons of the like. 

Additionally, ideas for Chucky’s Perks and Power could be where there are multiple stationary dolls scattered across the map and he can transfer his soul into them. Once taking over a doll his previous body will cease moving, turning to a husk that he can later teleport to if he chooses to. The power will have a cool down that will refill over time. Moreover, Chucky could add a Red Stain and Heartbeat to one of the husks to “guard” a specific location; fooling survivors into thinking it’s actually him. He could also use these husks/dolls to block off paths— similar to Spirit when she Phasewalks.

Further, the Perks Chucky could wield can vary much like his power and character design. Chucky could have a Perk where he can trap a vault, generator, or pallet after hooking a survivor. Perhaps if they interact with said vault/generator/pallet they are injured or maybe just suffer from an effect such as blindness or exhausted or something to that effect.

Again, these are just ideas and suggestions on what he could bring to the table, nothing concrete. I would just really like to see Chucky in this game as I think he’d make a great addition as Killer. I’m confident they could make him a good killer. One that is fun to play as and fun to play against.

Comments

  • This is asked every few days. It won't happen.

  • Well, I think he could make a good addition to the roster as long as they did it right. Like I say, if they made him life-sized it could work a lot better, I think.

  • No.

    Please devs... No Chucky; no Pinhead; no Jason; no Terminator; no....

  • Well I don’t know what any of the other Killers have to do with anything. This post was revolves around Chucky, which I still think is an idea worth consideration

  • I would love for Chucky, Pinhead or any other licensed killer to come to dbd.

  • Add a ladder for the hook! 🙃

  • OP, I thought your idea was well thought out. I don't personally care what killers are added, but to see these children's responses of "no, stop asking for it", "no, I don't want him or him or her" is ridiculous.

    Keep coming up with interesting ideas and forget what these haters have to say. They have no respectable reasoning behind their opinions yet still think they are important. Sad to see.

  • Chucky? Hell no

    Chuck E Cheese? Nightmare fuel

  • I'm probably just against it because I thought the whole premise of the movie was lame. I could see a kid being afraid of a doll that came to life, but any adult could just kick it across the room.

  • @TWiXT said:

    This is an updated version of a concept I came up with over a year ago as an original killer alternative for those out there wanting to see a doll killer like Chucky in the game. I have Many changes but the most notable are the refined backstory, and reworks to the perks and power for better balance in today's current game environment and meta. I hope you guys like it.

    The Dolls

    Appearance/Mannerism: Alabaster porcelain Dolls dressed in different era or environment specific outfits of both male and female varieties. The Dolls move at 6m/s, and have a 24 meter Terror radius

    Back-story:

    Agnes Cartwright was a resident of a small town a few Km outside of Suffolk England from 1896-1923. In her early years she was seen as a peculiar child to others in the schoolhouse, but none could’ve known what torture she endured at her secluded home outside of town under the care of her vicious, and self righteous stepmother. Her father had passed away when she was 4 years old, leaving her at the mercy of her cruel and mentally unstable stepmom who demanded she come home immediately from school with no guests allowed, and regularly abused her verbally, physically and mentally over petty reasons like coming home 20 seconds late, talking out of turn or behaving childishly. Locked in the basement for hours, barely fed, and disallowed contact with others outside of school led Agnes to take comfort in the only fragment of her loving father she had: a large sized porcelain doll named Lucy, whom she regularly whispered to as her only friend. Eventually mercury poisoning from her stepmothers job as a Hatter made her too unpredictable, difficult to understand, and sickly to the point of being bedridden. Those last months of her stepmother’s life were the happiest Agnes had been in a long time. Agnes learned to use the machine in her stepmoms sewing room to make new outfits for Lucy, but the cracks and wear on Lucy were getting too problematic and Agnes could hear Lucy crying out to make her better. Her eye’s had fallen out and broken, and Agnes desperately needed new ones to replace them. At 13 years old Agnes trekked the distance into Suffolk to learn everything she could about doll-making and although a social odd-ball, one shop owner took pity and started her off on a trial basis as an intern, but quickly came to realize that Agnes had a gift for fine details as well as clever innovation with all she was taught. After learning enough about doll repair from the shop’s owner, Agnes slowly restored Lucy while tending to her sick stepmothers gibberish orders and violent outbursts, often Agnes had to calm her down with medicated powder dissolved in boiling water and inhaled through the steam as the doctor ordered. While the medication worked well, it left her stepmother in a confused stupor unable to remember things or accurately process new information, which was fine for Agnes since it ensured a lower chance of interruptions while she worked on Lucy. The biggest problem was always with the eyes, as nothing she tried made Lucy happy. While tending to her bedridden stepmother Lucy spoke out to Agnes about how pretty her stepmothers’ eyes were, and what a shame it would be if she carried them to the grave to rot with her. Agnes felt her blood run cold as the epiphany occurred to her, and she collected her tools for the task ahead.

    It was harder than she was ready for, and even though her step mother had to be strapped down to the bed for her own good so she could be medicated without resistance, she still struggled against Agnes’s efforts and all the blood made her slippery and hard to hold down, but after enough bleeding and slipping into shock, her stepmother stopped moving and she extracted the eyes with care. Agnes gently removed the nerve cords, drained them and slipped in marbles to hold their structure, but fearing the eventual decay she ingeniously soaked them in transparent adhesive overnight before letting them dry, lacquered and polished them to a pristine shine, and with that Lucy finally had the eyes she wanted.

    As Agnes grew better at doll making and more astute at the finer details, the Doll Shop became much more successful, and everyone wanted one of Agnes’s original designs, earning her the title of “The Doll Lady” from the local children. It was always tough for Agnes, making new friends day in and day out, only to have to let them go home with little boys and girls once they were sold by the store owner, but none of them could ever compare to Lucy. At home Lucy began asking Agnes to make more friends for her to play Stop ‘n Go and Hide n' Seek with while Agnes was away from home (The first game is now called Red light, Green Light). Agnes had always wanted to play those games with her classmates after school but was never allowed to, and she was delighted to take up the task. She worked hard and converted the sewing room into a full blown doll workshop. Sometimes stealing but otherwise buying supplies from her employer at a discount for her home shop; she dedicated herself to the craft of making new friends for hours every evening at home. Again however, Lucy disliked her new friend’s eyes, and eventually got them to beg Agnes for better ones like hers, a request which Agnes resisted.

    In her mid 20’s however, upon returning home she found that a local boy had broken into her house and discovered her friends. Startled by Agnes, the boy threw a doll at her and leaped out the window. Agnes’s mind broke as her beloved Lucy’s brief scream for help was silenced when she shattered against the wall. Agnes’s grief over the sudden loss of Lucy was overpowered by her fury as all of her friends cried out for her to punish the interloper in kind for the murder of Lucy. Without hesitation she took up her shears, chased down the boy in the nearby woods, and ended his life. She took boy’s eyes as compensation and used them to give Lucy’s boyfriend the eyes he always wanted. Agnes held a memorial for Lucy, burying her in her favorite spot of the meadow on their property overlooking the pond, marked the grave with a single candle and a small photo of her holding Lucy when she was 3, and hid the boy’s body in her basement alongside her stepmothers’ desiccated corpse. With the money she had earned from the doll shop, Agnes had a large, spike tipped, iron rod fence put in around her estate to keep out further transgressors, and from that point on obnoxious children with pretty eyes started disappearing in her home town and Suffolk.

    Agnes had mastered preserving the eyes, and giving them to her friends as gifts, sometimes taking a friend into town or Suffolk to pick and choose the eyes they liked best, and Agnes soon became an expert at luring, capturing, and killing the children and young teenagers to extract their eyes for her friends, as well as transporting and hiding the bodies in the woods. However, after a long storm caused mudslides, a few of her victims bodies had been discovered floating down rivers, prompting authorities to search the wooded areas on the outskirts of Suffolk where more were discovered. Everyone was on high alert for suspicious behavior, as any information leading to the arrest of “The Gouger,” now linked to the missing children, had become top priority. Agnes’s peculiarities and shift in personality became more troubling to her boss, and her insistence on walking home without an escort every evening while a killer was on the loose only drew further suspicion her way. She feigned ignorance as best she could until a constable visited her estate, discovered the bodies in her basement and drew his revolver. Panicking about how she would never be allowed to play with her friends again, Agnes attacked the constable, taking a shot in the lower abdomen from his weapon, but managed to cut his jugular artery and send him tumbling down the cellar stairs. Agnes knew she didn’t have much time before more constables would be on her doorstep and had to move fast. After patching herself up haphazardly, all of her friends cried and begged to go with her, but she could only pack up a few with promises to return for the rest later. Tears running down her cheeks, and dragging 2 travel trunks full of her friends while bleeding from her crudely stitched wound, she hastily limped off into the woods as a thick fog rolled in during the twilight hours. Despite the horrific discovery of the dolls she left behind featuring preserved children’s eyes, and an exhaustive manhunt lasting for months, Agnes was never found.

    Weapon:

    Knives, scissors, ice picks, box cutters etc. Anything small enough for the dolls to wield that could be found in any home or store. (Possibly themed per realm in weapon cosmetic packs) They have a higher than average lunge range but the shortest reach of all killers.

    Power: Possession

    Passive:

    Up to 10-16 dolls appear on the trial grounds based upon map size, and are eager to play a lethal game of “Red light, Green light” with survivors. A possessed doll within 16 meters of a survivor can be transfixed and unable to move or attack (unless touching the survivor) as long as a survivor is looking at it with their inner 30 degree cone of vision, but will be able to move and attack again once the survivor breaks their inner 30 degree line of sight with it or gets more than 16 meters away. Hooked survivors or survivors in the dying state can’t transfix a doll. Similar to how tall reeds and corn affects killers using line of sight abilities (Shape, Ghost Face), vegetation counts as broken line of sight to a survivor looking in a dolls direction restricting the transfixion range to 8 meters. Possessed Dolls make movement sounds and periodic child giggling noises that can be heard within 12 meters, and their Terror Radius, giggling, and red stain persists for 6 seconds for a recently possessed doll after transferring to a new one. The Dolls can’t vault windows, or destroy pallets while transfixed. Breaking, Grabbing, Carrying, Vaulting and Hooking actions are performed by the invisible spirit of Agnes Cartwright who possesses the Dolls and can’t be body blocked, and after it’s hooked a survivor, it possesses the nearest doll.

    (Possible balance change if needed due to The Dolls size)

    This is the only killer with a 3rd person perspective.

    OR,

    Fog and Vegetation renders 90% transparent in a 20m radius for the killer when in a dolls perspective. (if going this rout I suggest it also applies to Pig and Ghost Face when they crouch)

    Active:

    Activating this power transfers your perspective to the nearest Doll, or to the Doll whose aura you target over the span of .3-3 seconds depending upon distance. After possessing another doll if the doll you left behind was transfixed by a survivors gaze, that survivors aura is revealed to you until they get far enough away or break line of sight with it.

    Mori:

    Four dolls run in and hold the survivors limbs down while the fifth eyeless doll gouges out the survivors eyes with its hands, eats them, and blinks revealing the newly acquired eyes in its sockets, after which the dolls scatter and your perspective returns to the last used doll.

    Map: The “Doll Lady’s” House.

    In the middle of a large meadow overrun with chest high grass, and on the edge of some woods with a small pond, lies a run down one story home with a living room, bedroom, small bathroom, kitchen and dining area, a doll making workshop room, and a basement accessible from a cellar door outside. Aside from the base of a few mid-sized boulders and trees there is barely a bald spot of earth on the grounds of this map. The entire estate is surrounded by a large, rusty, spike tipped, iron rod fence. Hooks on this map are wood framed and feature stitched together patches of fabric wrapping around them, dangling doll body parts, and a small black and white memorial photo of a of a 3 year old girl holding a doll at the base lit by a single candle.

    Unique Perks:

    Painful Neglect: The Entity is swift to punish those who become distracted from their goals. Survivors who take their inner 30 degree cone of vision off of a generator while repairing experience a 5/10/15% reduction to progress speed and increase the odds of skill checks triggering as well as reduce their success zones by 5/10/15%

    Hide n’ Seek: Control over your heart rate conceals your exact whereabouts from survivors. When within 16/24/32 meters of a survivor your Terror radius’s heartbeat rate no longer increases the closer you are to them.

    Mind Numbing Mist: Your intense desire to kill transgressors has saturated the fog of the trial grounds dulling and suppressing the Survivors sense of situational awareness. Up to 2/3/4 Survivors no longer receive Status Effect, Perk and Teammate condition notifications during the trial. Injured, Down, Hooked and Exhaustion notifications are exempt from this effect.

    Survivor: Wei Ying

    A bit malnourished but professional to the core, Wei Ying is a clever man in his 30’s who has over 15 years of experience as an electrical technician. In his youth he always took apart every toy and electronic in his possession; intrigued by how they worked, and as an adult he’s a master of electronics and an artist with his tools and ingenuity having created multiple patented devices that are mass produced today. Cocky, condescending to others, but intense when he commits to a task; having him as an ally ensures objectives will be completed more smoothly than you’re accustomed.

    Unique Perks:

    Tools of the Trade: When supplies are low you have a keen instinct for finding the right tools for the job. While carrying a Flashlight or Toolbox item of common/uncommon/rare or lower quality during a trial, the first chest you open will be a guaranteed Match or Upgraded rarity item of the same type.

    Safety First: Your knowledge of working around electrical circuits outmatches others who tend to ignore the basic rules of repairing. When you start repairing a generator it powers down over the span of 8/6/4 seconds and remains powered down while you work on it. Leaving an affected generator for more than 6 seconds, failed skill checks, and damage from the killer will immediately power it back up at its current level of progress.

    Delay Resistors: Experience has rewarded you with an advantage against the Killer’s situational awareness. After you completely repair a generator, the generators full power up and notifying alert to the killer is delayed for 3/4/5 seconds or until another survivor begins working on it. The generator can be damaged by the killer within this window of time.

    TL;DR Version:

    The Dolls

    Appearance/Mannerism: Alabaster porcelain dolls the size of totems of male and female variety with differing outfits (possibly in themed outfit packs of 4, e.g. creepy dolls made to look like small versions of the other killers/survivors), they have a 24m terror radius and a 6m\s movement speed.

    Weapon: Small weapons such as knives, scissors, screwdrivers, ice picks, claw hammers etc. basically anything small enough for a Doll to wield that can be found anywhere (possibly in themed cosmetic weapon packs of 4, e.g. Realm themed small farm tools, medical tools, metal shop tools, hunting tools…). They have a larger than average lunge range but the shortest reach of all killers.

    Power: Possession

    Passive: Up to 10-16 dolls appear on the trial grounds based upon map size, and are eager to play a lethal game of “Red light, Green light” with survivors. A possessed doll within 16 meters of a survivor can be transfixed and unable to move or attack (unless touching the survivor) as long as a survivor is looking at it with their inner 30 degree cone of vision, but will be able to move and attack again once the survivor breaks thier inner 30 degree line of sight with it or gets more than 16 meters away. Hooked survivors or survivors in the dying state can’t transfix a doll. Similar to how tall reeds and corn affects killers using line of sight abilities (Shape, Ghost Face), vegetation counts as broken line of sight to a survivor looking in a dolls direction restricting the transfixion range to 8 meters. Possessed Dolls make movement sounds and periodic child giggling noises that can be heard within 12 meters, and Terror Radius, giggling, and red stain persists for 6 seconds for a recently possessed doll after transferring to a new one. The Dolls can’t vault windows, or destroy pallets while transfixed. Breaking, Grabbing, Carrying, Vaulting and Hooking actions are performed by the invisible spirit of Agnes Cartwright who possesses the Dolls and can’t be body blocked, and after it’s hooked a survivor, it possesses the nearest doll.

    (Possible balance change if needed due to The Dolls size)

    This is the only killer with a 3rd person perspective.

    Or,

    Fog and Vegetation renders 90% transparent in a 20m radius for the killer when in a dolls perspective. (if going this rout I suggest it also applies to Pig and Ghost Face when they crouch)

    Active: Activating this power transfers your perspective to the nearest Doll, or to the Doll whose aura you target over .3-3 seconds depending on distance. After possessing another doll if the doll you left behind was transfixed by a survivors gaze, that survivors aura is revealed to you until they get far enough away or break line of sight with it.

    Mori: Four dolls run in and hold the survivors limbs down while the fifth eyeless doll gouges out the survivors eyes with its hands, eats them, and blinks revealing the newly acquired eyes in its sockets, after which the dolls scatter and your perspective returns to the last used doll.

    Map: The “Doll Lady’s” House

    A small 5 room run down home with a basement accessible by a cellar door on the outside in the middle of a large and very grassy meadow. On the edges of this meadow are young woods, and a small pond. The grounds are surrounded by a spike tipped, rusty, Iron rod fence, and the hooks are wood framed and feature stitched together patches of fabric wrapping around them, dangling doll body parts, and a small black and white memorial photo of a of a 3 year old girl holding a doll at the base lit by a single candle.

    Unique Perks:

    Painful Neglect: At Max, Survivors who take their inner 30 degree cone of vision off of a generator while repairing it experience a 15% reduction to progress speed and increase the odds of skill checks triggering as well as reduce their success zones by 15%.

    Hide n’ Seek – At Max, When within 32 meters of a survivor your Terror radius’s heartbeat rate no longer increases the closer you are to them.

    Mind Numbing Mist – At Max, Up to 4 Survivors no longer receive Status effect, Perk and Teammate condition notifications during the trial. Injured, Down, Hooked and Exhaustion status notifications are exempt from this effect.

    Survivor: Wei Ying

    A malnourished electrical technician with a cocky attitude, and condescending demeanor towards others. Never the less his expertise at repairing and tinkering with items makes having him as an ally a great benefit to the team when focused on primary objectives.

    Unique Perks:

    Tools of the Trade: At Max, While carrying a Flashlight or Toolbox item of Rare or lower quality during a trial, the first chest you open will be a guaranteed Match or Upgraded rarity item of the same type.

    Safety First – At Max, When you start repairing a generator it powers down over the span of 4 seconds and remains powered down while you work on it. Leaving an affected generator for more than 6 seconds, failed skill checks, and damage from the killer will immediately power it back up at its current level of progress.

    Delay Resistors – At Max, After you completely repair a generator, the generators full power up and notifying alert to the killer is delayed by 5 seconds or until another survivor begins working on it. The generator can be damaged by the killer within this window of time.

    ​

    All creative criticism is welcome.

    I submitted this killer concept a while back, and It's a bit of a long read, but I Included a TL:DR version for everyone's convenience. It has a unique game-play mechanic, and addresses the Doll Sized killer problem with a simple but elegant solution. If the devs can't get the license for Chucky, then I believe this would be the best alternative that would allow for a Doll killer in the game. Please read it, and whether you like or hate it, I'd appreciate constructive criticism and feedback in post. It's also a shout out to any Doctor Who fans out there, as the Weeping Angels had a big influence on how I made their game-play mechanic.

  • @24Life said:

    OP, I thought your idea was well thought out. I don't personally care what killers are added, but to see these children's responses of "no, stop asking for it", "no, I don't want him or him or her" is ridiculous.

    Keep coming up with interesting ideas and forget what these haters have to say. They have no respectable reasoning behind their opinions yet still think they are important. Sad to see.

    Well, I don’t let the other comments bother me. If someone disagrees then they disagree. However, I feel that they should explain their reasoning. To simply say that they don’t want something or someone is too narrow and vague if you ask me. Either way, much obliged good sir, I for one think that he’d make a good addition to the game and believe he has potential if they really got in depth with it. I love him as a Killer and the potential is what really makes me determined to make this a thing in the game because of the endless possibilities and angles they can take.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/72152/killer-concept-the-dolls-updated-survivor-map-perks-back-story-mori-and-tl-dr-version-below

    I submitted this killer concept a while back, and It's a bit of a long read, but I Included a TL:DR version for everyone's convenience. It has a unique game-play mechanic, and addresses the Doll Sized killer problem with a simple but elegant solution. If the devs can't get the license for Chucky, then I believe this would be the best alternative that would allow for a Doll killer in the game. Please read it, and whether you like or hate it, I'd appreciate constructive criticism and feedback in post. It's also a shout out to any Doctor Who fans out there, as the Weeping Angels had a big influence on how I made their game-play mechanic.

    I love your commitment and how in-depth you got with this. I also love how we think alike in so many ways, it’s awesome. I think if they did make this an actual thing in Dead By Daylight that it would have so much potential for fun and enjoyable gameplay. I like the idea of possessing dolls; much like mine I like the red stain and heartbeat as well. Either of our ideas would be a very creative addition to the game or even combining them together in a way. I also had a few ideas of my own concerning Chucky’s Perks and Mori.

    Mori:

    I think it would be neat if Chucky tosses his weapon to the Survivors hands and then they stare at him confused before Chucky then does a quick chant of his black magic and transfers his soul in theirs and stabs himself profusely before then transferring his souls back into his doll form.

    Perks:

    Wanna Play? -

    Chucky has the ability to trap a vault or pallet location (limited) so that if the Survivor uses that location it’s at the expense of a penalty. That penalty being something along the lines of injuring said Survivor or perhaps something as simple as causing the Exhausted Status Effect to them. (Would be deadly to those who use Lithe, Dead Hard, etc.)

    Leaving So Soon? -

    Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading ability. When the last generator is activated it grants the ability to see the auras of the Exit Gates except the Door Completion can be determined by the intensity of their auras. Additionally, similar to Surveillance or Discordance if a survivor is currently on the Gate Switch it highlights in yellow.

    Voodoo -

    Totems, both Dull and Hexed are now faced with Skill Checks and if failed it sends off the classic sound cue notification to the Killer while also regressing the progress of the Cleanse. If the Cleanse action is cancelled before 100% it makes like any other Totem and resets its meter.

    OR

    Anytime a Survivor is Cleansing a Totem of any kind, whether it be Dull or Hexed the Survivor cleansing the Totem will have their aura revealed to the killer for so many seconds or for as long as they are cleansing. If the survivor happens to fully cleanse a Totem then their aura is revealed for so many seconds before finally wearing off. It could also have a cool down as well.

    As for Chucky’s Power name, I think Heart of Damballa suits it nicely.

    I think this has potential to become something fun and an interesting angle on DBD. They could really take this somewhere if they wanted to and I strongly believe they should. I hope that they at least consider it as it would be an interesting take on the game and an angle that could provide a new gaming experience— one that is both fun and exciting. I’m with you though. I don’t care about money or titles or anything of the like. A shoutout might be nice, but I’m not too excessively worried about it though. Just some ideas and suggestions that I hope they’ll address and take to light.

  • @trouble2x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129451#Comment_1129451

    I love your commitment and how in-depth you got with this. I also love how we think alike in so many ways, it’s awesome. I think if they did make this an actual thing in Dead By Daylight that it would have so much potential for fun and enjoyable gameplay. I like the idea of possessing dolls; much like mine I like the red stain and heartbeat as well. Either of our ideas would be a very creative addition to the game or even combining them together in a way. I also had a few ideas of my own concerning Chucky’s Perks and Mori.

    Mori:

    I think it would be neat if Chucky tosses his weapon to the Survivors hands and then they stare at him confused before Chucky then does a quick chant of his black magic and transfers his soul in theirs and stabs himself profusely before then transferring his souls back into his doll form.

    Perks:

    Wanna Play? -

    Chucky has the ability to trap a vault or pallet location (limited) so that if the Survivor uses that location it’s at the expense of a penalty. That penalty being something along the lines of injuring said Survivor or perhaps something as simple as causing the Exhausted Status Effect to them. (Would be deadly to those who use Lithe, Dead Hard, etc.)

    Leaving So Soon? -

    Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading ability. When the last generator is activated it grants the ability to see the auras of the Exit Gates except the Door Completion can be determined by the intensity of their auras. Additionally, similar to Surveillance or Discordance if a survivor is currently on the Gate Switch it highlights in yellow.

    Voodoo -

    Totems, both Dull and Hexed are now faced with Skill Checks and if failed it sends off the classic sound cue notification to the Killer while also regressing the progress of the Cleanse. If the Cleanse action is cancelled before 100% it makes like any other Totem and resets its meter.

    OR

    Anytime a Survivor is Cleansing a Totem of any kind, whether it be Dull or Hexed the Survivor cleansing the Totem will have their aura revealed to the killer for so many seconds or for as long as they are cleansing. If the survivor happens to fully cleanse a Totem then their aura is revealed for so many seconds before finally wearing off. It could also have a cool down as well.

    As for Chucky’s Power name, I think Heart of Damballa suits it nicely.

    I think this has potential to become something fun and an interesting angle on DBD. They could really take this somewhere if they wanted to and I strongly believe they should. I hope that they at least consider it as it would be an interesting take on the game and an angle that could provide a new gaming experience— one that is both fun and exciting. I’m with you though. I don’t care about money or titles or anything of the like. A shoutout might be nice, but I’m not too excessively worried about it though. Just some ideas and suggestions that I hope they’ll address and take to light.

    I like these perk ideas, but there are a few faults with them. Voodoo would have to get a name change, because BHVR has stated many times that they will not base any killer, perks, or game-play mechanics off of any existing or practiced religions. It's a simple change, something that sets it apart like "the Old magics" or "Supernatural Protection" really just anything that will set it apart from Voodoo, otherwise they would never even consider it. Other than that Its a good perk that either makes totem cleansing harder, or informs the killer when a survivor is cleansing a totem, which would pair insanely well with any other hex perks.

    Killers already see the aura of exit gates, but being able to see their progress based on the intensity of the aura would be a substantial advantage, so While "Leaving so soon?" would have a decent effect and place in a killers loadout, like all endgame perk its would feel a bit too situational. There's nothing wrong with having situational perks, but people tend to shy away from them unless they are more universally useful.

    Wanna Play would be excellent, but I don't see it being useful against pallets unless Chucky can also vault them, as that would probably be how he activates the perk.

    We definitely both think alike when it comes to the idea of possessing multiple dolls as a power, which is why I thought you'd like my concept, and I'm thrilled that you did, and thank you for your kind comments. I don't know if BHVR can get the license for Chucky, which is why I made the concept in the first place while hoping a Dev was paying attention... sigh, here's hoping they do, and if they don't use it verbatim, they'll at least come up with a version of their own that works well. I'm getting tired of their recent killer concepts being seen as Hybrids of already existing killers (Ghost face being a hybrid of Pig & Shape, Deathslinger being one of Huntress and Legion, Oni being a lesser billy, etc), and although people would no doubt refer to my concept as a variation of the Hag (teleporting around to preset traps/dolls), I would hope that it's overall game-play mechanics would be unique enough to set itself apart from that stigmatization.

  • @trouble2x that is actually a really good idea. Especially when you actually look at the films and know that the whole premise of the film is the killer possess the doll knowing he is dying, to then seek to possess a new livinb body in the form of the child, whom is the main character. If DBD made lore explaining that the entity lured Chucky into this realm under the promise of gaining a human body in exchange for serving them - the new human body happening to resemble the doll's form but human size and alive - then i'd be fully onboard with it.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129616#Comment_1129616

    I like these perk ideas, but there are a few faults with them. Voodoo would have to get a name change, because BHVR has stated many times that they will not base any killer, perks, or game-play mechanics off of any existing or practiced religions. It's a simple change, something that sets it apart like "the Old magics" or "Supernatural Protection" really just anything that will set it apart from Voodoo, otherwise they would never even consider it. Other than that Its a good perk that either makes totem cleansing harder, or informs the killer when a survivor is cleansing a totem, which would pair insanely well with any other hex perks.

    Killers already see the aura of exit gates, but being able to see their progress based on the intensity of the aura would be a substantial advantage, so While "Leaving so soon?" would have a decent effect and place in a killers loadout, like all endgame perk its would feel a bit too situational. There's nothing wrong with having situational perks, but people tend to shy away from them unless they are more universally useful.

    Wanna Play would be excellent, but I don't see it being useful against pallets unless Chucky can also vault them, as that would probably be how he activates the perk.

    We definitely both think alike when it comes to the idea of possessing multiple dolls as a power, which is why I thought you'd like my concept, and I'm thrilled that you did, and thank you for your kind comments. I don't know if BHVR can get the license for Chucky, which is why I made the concept in the first place while hoping a Dev was paying attention... sigh, here's hoping they do, and if they don't use it verbatim, they'll at least come up with a version of their own that works well. I'm getting tired of their recent killer concepts being seen as Hybrids of already existing killers (Ghost face being a hybrid of Pig & Shape, Deathslinger being one of Huntress and Legion, Oni being a lesser billy, etc), and although people would no doubt refer to my concept as a variation of the Hag (teleporting around to preset traps/dolls), I would hope that it's overall game-play mechanics would be unique enough to set itself apart from that stigmatization.

    After further analyzation I see your point. Voodoo could be perceived the wrong way, so a simple name change wouldn’t be a problem at all. It’s a rational request. I agree, I like the names you came up with. Either one of those or something like Cursed Cleanse or Black Magic or Watchful Eye I think those sound fitting as well, bust as I say I also like you names too. And as you stated it would pair up well with other Totem/Hex Perks. Also, I realize how “Leaving So Soon?” would be more of and End Game Perk and am content with that. I think if used right it could prove very strong and very effective. Especially if paired with certain Perks. Imagine pairing it with something such as Blood Warden or Remember Me. That’s when thinking outside the box can really pay off. “Wanna Play?” I can see how the pallet angle could be a dilemma if he isn’t able to vault them like Legion. However, I think there could be something they could come up with, but if not I think vaults would suffice just fine. Either way, whatever they decided to do I think they could come up with a revolutionized idea for DBD. It’s not that I don’t like the other Killers, but I can’t disagree as far as some of them are hybrid versions of others and it does slightly feel repetitive from time to time. I firmly believe this would be a nice twist to add to their world. Here’s hoping they’re paying attention to either of us or both of us. Whatever they decided to do whether it be your idea, mine or their own I think they have potential to make something new and renowned. I personally like Chucky just because he is iconic and I did grow up with that. I do love your idea(s) too, however and would not be disappointed if they were to use them. I think we both have good, credible, worthy ideas that are deserving of consideration at the very least, but again, that’s just me. I really hope to see something transpire out of this.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    @trouble2x that is actually a really good idea. Especially when you actually look at the films and know that the whole premise of the film is the killer possess the doll knowing he is dying, to then seek to possess a new livinb body in the form of the child, whom is the main character. If DBD made lore explaining that the entity lured Chucky into this realm under the promise of gaining a human body in exchange for serving them - the new human body happening to resemble the doll's form but human size and alive - then i'd be fully onboard with it.

    I’m glad you agree and that’s the idea— trying to incorporate parts of the film into the game. Like I’ve said, I think they could really go somewhere with this or ideas similar at least. It would definitely be a new take on the game for sure and a new way to play/counter; which makes it more fun that way in my personal opinion. Your ideas on his back story or ingenious, might I say. The fact that he works for The Entity to accomplish his goal of inhabiting a human host is clever. Plus, like I said with the Killer Perks, both mine and @TWiXT, both are very innovative and revolutionary. Something new that still helps in gameplay, but still balanced so it’s neither overpowered or underpowered. I personally like both of our ideas and think that they could skyrocket if given the chance. I’m glad you like the idea(s) and support them. We can only hope for the right person to view it at just the right time. Hopefully that time will come. Again, the Lore, backstory, Perks, Powers and potential behind it all are definitely something that can prove to be memorable and Iconic themselves if given the chance. I hope it’s taken into consideration. Like I said, I don’t rightly care so much about money or titles or anything. A simple shoutout would be epic, but even that isn’t a must/dealbreaker. To simply see that it was used at all is good enough for me.

  • @not_Queef said:

    Chucky? Hell no

    Chuck E Cheese? Nightmare fuel

    Lol, Chuck E Cheese, if you want nightmare fuel I say Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy’s

  • @Elena said:

    I would love for Chucky, Pinhead or any other licensed killer to come to dbd.

    I am pleased to hear that you agree. I’m hoping so too. Hopefully we have something like this in our future. For now though we wait and see, but I’m hoping for a response of some kind as I can see this having much potential.