The Difference between Exhaustion Perks
Dead Hard, Sprint Burst and Head On (with Quick and Quiet) will give you an advantage in a chase. When you correctly use these perks, your chases should last longer, they're almost like having an extra life. Their big downfall is that the Killer will generally keep chasing because these don't provide a big enough disincentive for them to leave you.
Lithe and Balanced Landing are extremely strong impact mid-chase. They're the ones that are more likely to end your chases and have the Killer swap targets, because they've usually already wasted time on you and when they see you make big distance, they tend to let you go. Their big downfall is that you can die mid-setup taking the killer to a drop point or going over a vault, so sometimes you don't get to use them at all.
Comments
If you know what you are doing SB can be used mid chase. Since it is so easy to hold Exhaustion just before it goes away I'd say SB is probably the strongest mainly because you basically use its biggest downfall to your advantage.
Lithe life
I think Lithe is indeed the better chase breaker out there, as you say it can be used mid chase and it also uses a window, if there isnt an opening nearby the killer will be forced to vault it losing some extra seconds and losing control on his camera creating an opening for a juke.
BL is good too but there are fewer elevations than windows except on very specific maps (Haddonfield and Hawkins for example) but it has 2 problems first if you have the killer very very close he can hack you before you land and second he can see your direction easily from higher ground so isnt as easy to juke him.
Sprint Burst can basically be used as Lithe if you 99% the exhaustion since you recover exhaustion during your vault animation.
It also helps you get flashlight saves or bait a hit from the killer.
It's just better than Lithe in pretty much every way.
Balanced landing is too map-dependent. Whenever I try to run it I get the flattest maps.
Whether killers will let you go or continue the chase doesn't really depend on the exhaustion perk but on the big question: How good does the killer think are the chances that they can down you soon?
Gives the survivor the impression of being good in a chase?- I'll look for somebody else.
Bad in a chase? - I don't care which exhaustion perk you use, you'll go down in 10 seconds anyway.
@NoShinyPony I feel personally attacked lol