Ruin
Hate to add to the 10,000 topics about Ruin, but this one is a little different. I'm not complaining; yayyy ๐
But my question is, in the current state that Ruin is in should it even be a hex perk anymore?
Hate to add to the 10,000 topics about Ruin, but this one is a little different. I'm not complaining; yayyy ๐
But my question is, in the current state that Ruin is in should it even be a hex perk anymore?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The devs should revert the change until they do something about gen speed or add more objectives.
even if they do, do something about gen speed, they should revert the ruin change and keep it that way. there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.
honestly, its not even worth being in the game anymore, its a waste of perk slot. that's just my opinion though.
Hell no. I don't even use ruin if I already have corrupt unlocked. Has all of the weakness of old ruin with none of it's pluses.
But you didn't answer my question.
I still use Ruin on some of my killers. It still gets survivors out there looking for it, and it does chip away at generators over time. If I start a chase with the gen jockey and nobody goes behind him for a lil bit, gen is ded. Didn't even have to think about kicking it.
That would make it pretty nasty if they couldn't do anything about it. What should they do? Push the gen or go save their buddy? Oh no it's my terror radius, but if I run away and crouch my gen will regress, what do I do? I need to find the totem!
I dunno. A lot of veteran survivors just hit great skill checks all the time anyway. I'm okay with it as it is, but for some reason people like the red circle.
No, it should not be.
My idea was to keep the current effect as a Hex, so it still regresses gens at 200% speed. However, when the Hex is broken, the effect lingers. Now, gens do not have to be kicked and regress on their own at normal speed. It adds an extra bonus to running Ruin so if your totem is destroyed, you aren't screwed. It isn't much better, but its something.
Also, Ruin is now decent on high-mobility Killers, the exact people who DIDN'T need it before.
I've been saying the change is bad and should be reverted until a map design and gen speeds are dealt with
but nah lets just delete shack and call it a day!
/s
It's not worth running anymore imo. It's just not good enough to warrant being a hex perk.
It's only doing anything if it lasts till later in the game but that is hardly ever happening. Even in the off chance it does last to late game, then why are you even running it over Devour Hope? If it actually lasts that long DH would have been better.
It just doesn't make any sense to run it.
We need help with the early game, not late game anyway.
I gave you a better answer.
it is quite strong, not gonna lie.
if the killer has a good map pressure, that perk is really going to hurt the survivors - especially in a 3 gen situation and combined with surveillance.
so yeah, its definitely worth being a hex, though i totally understand that it doesnt feel like that at the start of the trial / when you cant apply enough map pressure.
They should decrease it from 200% to 150%, then remove the Hex portion. I still can't believe they thought Ruin is a 'late game perk.' That in itself astounds me. But then, they balance around the low end of the skill totem pole, so it really shouldn't surprise me.