Is Surveillance working as intended?

Are the generators supposed to stay highlighted in white even when they are fully regressed, and then go yellow when a survivor starts repairing them?

Didn't use the perk much before so didn't notice. Is it supposed to work like that?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It shouldn't be showing the generators as white if the gen is fully regressed. Were you using Ruin? That could be affecting it.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    It shouldn't be showing the generators as white if the gen is fully regressed. Were you using Ruin? That could be affecting it.

    @BigBubs

    It's a small bug that has been happening with the Ruin combo, I haven't tried it with Surveillance solo, but this shouldn't be the case as Surveillance explicitly states the aura vanishes after the gen has fully regressed.

    My guess is that the 200% penalty from Ruin (Tier lll) is still causing the aura to appear, since the Generator is still "Damaged" even at 0%, or the perk itself could just be bugged and sometimes does this as a result.

  • It only shows the aura while the generator is regressing. If it goes back to zero, then the perk effect goes away.


    You do also have the passive of extra gen repair noise, so a good set of headphones is advised.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    It only shows the aura while the generator is regressing. If it goes back to zero, then the perk effect goes away.

    You do also have the passive of extra gen repair noise, so a good set of headphones is advised.

    Yes, but he's asking if it's supposed to do that, which it's not.

    It's an odd bug that sometimes happens, but I believe it started around Ruins rework due to how Ruin works currently. I could be wrong though, it could just be a small visual thing that's happening from time to time with the aura reading on The Generators.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114630#Comment_1114630

    @BigBubs

    It's a small bug that has been happening with the Ruin combo, I haven't tried it with Surveillance solo, but this shouldn't be the case as Surveillance explicitly states the aura vanishes after the gen has fully regressed.

    My guess is that the 200% penalty from Ruin (Tier lll) is still causing the aura to appear, since the Generator is still "Damaged" even at 0%, or the perk itself could just be bugged and sometimes does this as a result.

    I don't use ruin. Played 2 games with Surveillance alone and in both the gens stayed white. I intentionally stood next to one to make sure it was fully regressed. Then when it stayed white I got a survivor to go there and work on it and it went yellow.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    It shouldn't be showing the generators as white if the gen is fully regressed. Were you using Ruin? That could be affecting it.

    Nope. No ruin.

    Played 2 games with Surveillance and in both it worked like that. The other perks were agitation, bbq and bloodwarden. Both games played as Pig.

  • @BigBubs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114648#Comment_1114648

    I don't use ruin. Played 2 games with Surveillance alone and in both the gens stayed white. I intentionally stood next to one to make sure it was fully regressed. Then when it stayed white I got a survivor to go there and work on it and it went yellow.

    Than it's just bugged overall, that sometimes happens with Ruin as well since the combo itself does this to multiple Generators at a time, but alone is rarer I suppose.

    Perhaps the perk is conflicting with the recent update, since I haven't see it happen beforehand, but again, I could be wrong. In any case, no, this isn't supposed to be happening. You can confirm this by looking in the perks description itself, which says and I quote "Once regression ends, Generators will be highlighted by a yellow Aura for 8/12/16 seconds."

    If you'd like to report this as a bug, than i'll link the Bug Report sub-forum below.

    Here's the link to the Bug Report sub-forum

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bug-reports

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114651#Comment_1114651

    Yes, but he's asking if it's supposed to do that, which it's not.

    It's an odd bug that sometimes happens, but I believe it started around Ruins rework due to how Ruin works currently. I could be wrong though, it could just be a small visual thing that's happening from time to time with the aura reading on The Generators.

    It's how it's always worked for me. The regression ends naturally and the aura goes from white to red. Survivors STOPPING regression turns it yellow.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114663#Comment_1114663

    It's how it's always worked for me. The regression ends naturally and the aura goes from white to red. Survivors STOPPING regression turns it yellow.

    Well yes, that's how its supposed to work, but the OP is asking if it's supposed to stay white even after it's fully regressed, which it's not supposed to since the description says and I quote "Once regression ends, Generators will be highlighted by a yellow Aura for 8/12/16 seconds."

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114679#Comment_1114679

    Well yes, that's how its supposed to work, but the OP is asking if it's supposed to stay white even after it's fully regressed, which it's not supposed to since the description says and I quote "Once regression ends, Generators will be highlighted by a yellow Aura for 8/12/16 seconds."

    Yeah , exactly. I Have a video uploading now. I'll post it soon.

  • @BigBubs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114693#Comment_1114693

    Yeah , exactly. I Have a video uploading now. I'll post it soon.

    That's not really necessary as I've seen this happen in-game myself through various matches I've had with the Ruin + Surveillance combo. Do as you wish though, you can use it in your report if you'd like.

  • @FireHazard

    I'm gonna report it and put the video there then.

    Thanks.

  • @BigBubs said:

    @FireHazard

    I'm gonna report it and put the video there then.

    Thanks.

    Sounds good! No problem by the way.

  • Its not Ruin or a new bug. It has been this way for several months now, its a bug which started happening some time after the perk got reworked. But it was left like this... for some reason. Maybe because only now the perk is getting more attention and people are finally noticing it (despite being a really good perk already).

    Honestly, I kinda like it. You can literally paint the entire map white if you want.

  • @PigNRun said:

    Its not Ruin or a new bug. It has been this way for several months now, its a bug which started happening some time after the perk got reworked. But it was left like this... for some reason. Maybe because only now the perk is getting more attention and people are finally noticing it (despite being a really good perk already).

    Honestly, I kinda like it. You can literally paint the entire map white if you want.

    I mean, the bug benefits the user so... but it only happens sometimes.

    So, it's just a minor issue if you look at it from a Survivors perspective, otherwise it's not really anything major.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114800#Comment_1114800

    I mean, the bug benefits the user so... but it only happens sometimes.

    So, it's just a minor issue if you look at it from a Survivors perspective, otherwise it's not really anything major.

    It happens all the time. There hasnt been a single match that Surveillance worked textbook perk description. Its almost like a shadowbuff they never dared to announce.

    The effect isnt brokenly OP, like when Tinkerer would remove the Killer's TR permanently or Wake Up boosting all action speeds. But fixing it would indeed be a nerf for the perk. With Surveillance, I even kick generators at 1%, because I may need the information of someone being on that generator later on. And, it does help.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114825#Comment_1114825

    It happens all the time. There hasnt been a single match that Surveillance worked textbook perk description. Its almost like a shadowbuff they never dared to announce.

    The effect isnt brokenly OP, like when Tinkerer would remove the Killer's TR permanently or Wake Up boosting all action speeds. But fixing it would indeed be a nerf for the perk. With Surveillance, I even kick generators at 1%, because I may need the information of someone being on that generator later on. And, it does help.

    If the perk itself doesn't state this, than it's a bug, it's not a "shadowbuff" because the perk was unintentionally buffed by a bug that the devs haven't addressed yet, that makes absolutely no sense.

    While yes, it's benefiting the Killer when it comes to this specific bug, just like the Wake Up! bug before, but that doesn't mean it's a shadowbuff because the perk itself hasn't been fixed yet... fixing the issue isn't a nerf, it's fixing a bug that wasn't intended to be on the perk in the first place. Unless they make it that way in a future patch, than it's deemed a bug.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1114940#Comment_1114940

    If the perk itself doesn't state this, than it's a bug, it's not a "shadowbuff" because the perk was unintentionally buffed by a bug that the devs haven't addressed yet, that makes absolutely no sense.

    While yes, it's benefiting the Killer when it comes to this specific bug, just like the Wake Up! bug before, but that doesn't mean it's a shadowbuff because the perk itself hasn't been fixed yet... fixing the issue isn't a nerf, it's fixing a bug that wasn't intended to be on the perk in the first place. Unless they make it that way in a future patch, than it's deemed a bug.

    I didnt state it was a shadowbuff, I said it was similar to a shadowbuff to put it in perspective.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116216#Comment_1116216

    I didnt state it was a shadowbuff, I said it was similar to a shadowbuff to put it in perspective.

    Yes, but it being a shadowbuff and it being a bug are two totally different thing, there is no middle-ground here.

    Yes, it may be similar to a shadowbuff because it buffs the perk, but is it a shadowbuff from that logic? No. I understand it's similar to one, which is what you mean, but it's in no way a shadowbuff because it's similar to one, the perk is bugged and will be addressed when they get to it.

  • Currently it’s glitched to always show but honestly they may just leave it like this which would be amazing

  • @Mo4ntus said:

    Currently it’s glitched to always show but honestly they may just leave it like this which would be amazing

    I doubt they'd leave it like that if they're aware of the bug.

    It would be another buff to Surveillance if they did though.