Calm Spirit is incredibly underrated

I started running calm spirit recently because I kept getting killers with infectious fright, as I was running this perk, I began to love it against Doc (obviously) but also against Iron Maiden so that I can always hide my aura from bbq and I believe that it hides your location against rancor. On top of this though, it is extremely useful against nurse since you won’t trigger crows, not triggering crows is pretty nice regardless though.

This perk is honestly becoming my favorite perk. :P

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Gotta admit, it's a damn handy perk. It's a fantastic one against a Doc. I went against a survivor who ran it, and my only clue that they were near was the fact the Doc laughed but no screams. Made the hunt very tricky. And as you say, a lot of killers are running Infectious too.

  • @TrashKate said:

    No, it isn't underrated, Killers rarely in my game use Infectious Fright or Iron Maiden, and rancor is a EXTREMELY rare one.

    It isn't underrated it just is trash tier, using a perk that's trash against most killers is a waste of slot, and what's the point of using it when you have better perks? Inner Strenght, DS, DH, BT, For the people (Which will obviously be meta), sprint burst 99'ing tactic etc...

    So: It isn't underrated it is just extremely garbage

    But hey, if you like X perk dont stop using it only because it isn't meta, use whatever make you happy, this is a videogame.

    Probably gonna see a lot of Rancor these days with all the Spirit challenges. I've been seeing it a lot more lately. I keep getting slugged while my teammates finish the gens just so the killer can mori me, as a matter of fact. It's happened three times in two days.

  • it's trash, just because it works against a killer, doesn't mean it's overall good.

  • @YaiPa said:

    it's trash, just because it works against a killer, doesn't mean it's overall good.

    It isn’t just a killer though.

  • It is also good for tracking stealth killers.

    Since you don't disturb crows that means any time a crow goes off near you it's either another survivor or the killer. If you have a stealth killer and just assume it's always them, they will have a hard time sneaking up on you.

    Also not disturbing crows is a great way to avoid detection. I've been called a hacker before when it's like dude, I saw those crows fly away I KNOW you were there.

    And yes it's most useful against Doc. You pretty much completely nullify his power. Also good against Clown, Infectious, Iron Maiden, Anxious Gasp, and Iridescent Family Crest.

    Lastly you can usually tank a hit for someone that's in a chase and about to go down, and if done right the killer won't even realize what happened.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    It is also good for tracking stealth killers.

    Since you don't disturb crows that means any time a crow goes off near you it's either another survivor or the killer. If you have a stealth killer and just assume it's always them, they will have a hard time sneaking up on you.

    Also not disturbing crows is a great way to avoid detection. I've been called a hacker before when it's like dude, I saw those crows fly away I KNOW you were there.

    And yes it's most useful against Doc. You pretty much completely nullify his power. Also good against Clown, Infectious, Iron Maiden, Anxious Gasp, and Iridescent Family Crest.

    Lastly you can usually tank a hit for someone that's in a chase and about to go down, and if done right the killer won't even realize what happened.

    I was hoping you’d show up since I know you like this perk too. :P

  • @TrashKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111947#Comment_1111947

    It works against specific killer on specific scenarios.

    Only works against (killers):

    -Doctor

    -Clown

    And that's all I know

    Only works against (Perks):

    -Infectious

    -Iron Maiden

    And that's all I know.

    Yeah it seems good on paper, but in game it is extremely trash, and it works against extremely rare scenarios..

    80% It is a waste slot.

    Don’t forget about Freddy in an exit gate scenario and certain killer add ons.

  • @TrashKate said:

    No, it isn't underrated, Killers rarely in my game use Infectious Fright or Iron Maiden, and rancor is a EXTREMELY rare one.

    It isn't underrated it just is trash tier, using a perk that's trash against most killers is a waste of slot, and what's the point of using it when you have better perks? Inner Strenght, DS, DH, BT, For the people (Which will obviously be meta), sprint burst 99'ing tactic etc...

    So: It isn't underrated it is just extremely garbage

    But hey, if you like X perk dont stop using it only because it isn't meta, use whatever make you happy, this is a videogame.

    Not everybody is an aggressive in your face survivor that uses meta perks. I am one of them. I am a gen jockey. I dont use BT or DS ever. I play killer i know how that feels.

    But i still think carrying it just for doc is a wasted perk. But it has more uses now than it did before so why not? Problem is i dont run into too many doc's

  • @TrashKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111971#Comment_1111971

    I know it works against some addons but didn't wanted to list them, since no one use those addons.

    And it works against freddy :o? I didn't know lol, thanks for letting me know

    You’re welcome :)

    @fleshbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111929#Comment_1111929

    Not everybody is an aggressive in your face survivor that uses meta perks. I am one of them. I am a gen jockey. I dont use BT or DS ever. I play killer i know how that feels.

    But i still think carrying it just for doc is a wasted perk. But it has more uses now than it did before so why not? Problem is i dont run into too many doc's

    I’m an aggressive survivor but I find the hiding perks can actually help me get that gen/save or get chased by certain killers (Iron Will helps on every killer).

  • Got a damn doc the very moment i wrote this

  • @KStarW05 said:

    I'm not afraid of the killer finding me and thus I don't feel the need to waste a perk slot on a perk that is useless if you're capable of such :)

    Of course if you enjoy playing an omega immersed build and sitting on gens and never interacting with the killer, well, I suppose you truly are a hide & seek warrior. But then, why are you even playing the game if you don't interact with the killer? You'll never improve if you only want to be immersed.

    People who play like that are the people like the Meg in my last game, who held SB and slowly walked toward me from one side of the map to the other, when Kindred was up and she could see another survivor in a chase/get hit ACROSS the map, and made me go struggle and I just let go and died :)

    I run a stealthy build but I actually do loop.

  • @KStarW05 said:

    I'm not afraid of the killer finding me and thus I don't feel the need to waste a perk slot on a perk that is useless if you're capable of such :)

    Of course if you enjoy playing an omega immersed build and sitting on gens and never interacting with the killer, well, I suppose you truly are a hide & seek warrior. But then, why are you even playing the game if you don't interact with the killer? You'll never improve if you only want to be immersed.

    People who play like that are the people like the Meg in my last game, who held SB and slowly walked toward me from one side of the map to the other, when Kindred was up and she could see another survivor in a chase/get hit ACROSS the map, and made me go struggle and I just let go and died :)

    Just because i sit on gens does not mean i dont interact with the killer. I dont seek him out like some is what i should have said. Interaction with the killer is a given in this game. But i am not able to escape too often. I am more than middle aged now. I am not this 20 year old kid who can do 360' s and lose the killer in 2 seconds like is done to me as killer sometimes. Reflexes lose their sharp edge. Eyesight goes. Surgery on the right wrist that holds the mouse. It is called getting old. But i can hit great skillchecks fairly often and i know which gens are a priority. I just leave the dancing to others that can actually do it.

    I am ok in T's and L's. At least there i have a chance. Out in the open its game over after i have used up my hit burst. I cant juke him well. I should try the window juke more often though since i rarely even try that anymore. It does gt some.

  • @KStarW05 said:

    I'm not afraid of the killer finding me and thus I don't feel the need to waste a perk slot on a perk that is useless if you're capable of such :)

    Of course if you enjoy playing an omega immersed build and sitting on gens and never interacting with the killer, well, I suppose you truly are a hide & seek warrior. But then, why are you even playing the game if you don't interact with the killer? You'll never improve if you only want to be immersed.

    People who play like that are the people like the Meg in my last game, who held SB and slowly walked toward me from one side of the map to the other, when Kindred was up and she could see another survivor in a chase/get hit ACROSS the map, and made me go struggle and I just let go and died :)

    Watch out everyone. We've got a grade A badass over here! I feel bad for any person that has to tolerate you in their day to day.

  • I'm so happy to see calm spirit enthusiasts, the perk is really good and it goes well with lots of builds, especially stealth and gen type builds. I could ramble more about how much value calm spirit gives you, but I'll save this for a more recent calm spirit discussion thread.

  • did you just necro a post from February 2020?