What's with the 'Checking your browser' screen before entering the forums?
I don't know if this is a bug, or a new security feature, or what, but it's started happening today. I'm stuck on that screen for maybe three seconds before the forums are brought up.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I think it's to try and stop previously banned people or bots from entering, not sure though its dumb
Bots perhaps - it's not possible to "stop" previously banned people from coming to a website.
Ok, so it’s not just me. Always makes me scared that I’m being hacked or something. There’s just something unnerving about a webpage telling me my IP address!
I didn't mean it like that lol, I meant maybe you can't make an alt if you get your main banned because they banned the ip, it was just a thought
I thought I had malware causing it. . .
I thought they were checking my browser history.
Please don't check my browser history.
It's very annoying. I kinda get why it's a thing, but I don't think it's worth it. And I always get the "reconfirm form submission" thing when I back out of a thread. That's the part that's REALLY annoying
I am glad someone else posted. I thought I had a virus and started checking my computer. lol
Its a DDOS protection.
Probably someone got attacked recently so they tightened the security
@DudeDelicious we're all having it right now, it's something that's being worked on Vanilla's end of which we have no control over.