How to disable AA in 3.6.0
So the game is blurry and fps hungry again. The lines in engine.ini are not working anymore. What can I do to disable the forced AA again?
@Peanits I remember how you approved this method back then, can u ask the coding team (or whoever is responsible for graphics) how to disable AA again? Game looks like ######### + runs bad.
Comments
it seems the PTB specifically always messes this up, it should be fine when it actually comes out.
Also I would not disable AA entirely but rather fix it somewhat:
[/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=64
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.6
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.3
r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
Why fixing it instead of removing it? Is there a benefit in visuals or performance?
I just tried using this and it's unbelievable how much better it looks. Really makes you wonder why the devs didn't just make the AA like this in the first place.
I've played on every PTB and have never seen it disable the override lines in Engine.ini, the only time I can think of anything even close was 3-4 PTB's ago but all it did then was re-write all the ini's with their defaults for whatever reason, so simply changing them back to whatever you had before worked after that.
This time however it completely disables the use of any overrides (including the one that the Devs specifically gave us to disable AA which was: r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0) and so far only allows you to disable SmoothFrames. It might not be that way when it goes live but I have a feeling that it's not an accident or coincidence but mostly because more and more people are using them to turn off shadows, make the red stain brighter than the sun etc since all of these show up in the log files I imagine they decided to track how many were using it and decided to just disable everything.
GameUserSettings still allows you to disable vsync and set frameratelimit to whatever you wish etc.
I've also noticed there is now 4 gestures rather than 2, although they don't do anything as of yet.