Show DCs instead of rank in lobby

Someone mentioned another game does this, and I thought it sounded interesting.

Remove rank showing, but instead above someone’s name show the number of times they have DC in the past 24 hours, week, whatever you feel is appropriate.

As a survivor if I see one of my teammates has 9 DCs today then I’m going to assume they are either a baby who quits as soon as they are downed or playing on McDonalds WiFi and will most like drop mid game... then I can decide to find another lobby if I wish.

If you only have a 1-2 above your name then sure, I can assume maybe you crashed legit or had a super toxic killer and I’ll come along.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That will just encourage lobby dodging and make lobbies never fill, as well as just shaming people. Especially people who may have had to DC because of bugs in the game, or because their internet went out, or whatever.

    I prefer how Identity V does it. You have 100 morality points. Disconnecting from matches lowers your morality points. Finishing matches gives you morality points back up to 100. The less morality points you have, the longer it takes for you to get matched into a lobby because you have less priority. Leaving multiple matches within short succession incurs you a much larger point penalty.

    This might actually be a more fair system.

    Cos lets face it. This game has bugs. Lots of them. And many are actually game breaking and crippling. I could list them all but just did in another thread.

    And i also agree that this will increase lobby dodging.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That will just encourage lobby dodging and make lobbies never fill, as well as just shaming people. Especially people who may have had to DC because of bugs in the game, or because their internet went out, or whatever.

    I prefer how Identity V does it. You have 100 morality points. Disconnecting from matches lowers your morality points. Finishing matches gives you morality points back up to 100. The less morality points you have, the longer it takes for you to get matched into a lobby because you have less priority. Leaving multiple matches within short succession incurs you a much larger point penalty.

    They should implement something similar to this.

  • Eh wouldn’t work now because it wouldn’t show all the 1st hook suicides.

    Nice idea though. A tip is that it often tends to be the Claudettes that rage quit.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That will just encourage lobby dodging and make lobbies never fill, as well as just shaming people. Especially people who may have had to DC because of bugs in the game, or because their internet went out, or whatever.

    I prefer how Identity V does it. You have 100 morality points. Disconnecting from matches lowers your morality points. Finishing matches gives you morality points back up to 100. The less morality points you have, the longer it takes for you to get matched into a lobby because you have less priority. Leaving multiple matches within short succession incurs you a much larger point penalty.

    I’d like to see this, even better than what I suggested. Then if you did have a bug DC you could make up for it by completely playing 5 games or whatever

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096900#Comment_1096900

    I also forgot to mention that Identity V will take off more or less points depending on when you disconnect from a match.

    There's a larger penalty for disconnecting at the start of a match than there is for disconnecting many minutes later, probably near the end of one.

    Identity V also lets you rejoin a match you disconnected from if it's still ongoing and you're not dead -- which why DBD can't do this when a mobile game can is a question worth asking. So if the game does crash, you can open the game up again and generally be back inside of the match within a minute.

    I don’t know exactly how Identity V works, but someone else mentioned it and it’s open to abuse.

    One scenario, your team is getting crushed by the killer, two on hooks and him chasing someone else. Oops there goes the plug but I’ll be right back within a minute, that’s a minute the killer can’t find you or kill you, unless it leaves you in game standing there? Is that how identify does it?

    Now hop back in when you guess your team is about to die on hook, if you’re right you have a chance at hatch that you wouldn’t have had. Kinda like a super locker

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Someone mentioned another game does this, and I thought it sounded interesting.

    Remove rank showing, but instead above someone’s name show the number of times they have DC in the past 24 hours, week, whatever you feel is appropriate.

    As a survivor if I see one of my teammates has 9 DCs today then I’m going to assume they are either a baby who quits as soon as they are downed or playing on McDonalds WiFi and will most like drop mid game... then I can decide to find another lobby if I wish.

    If you only have a 1-2 above your name then sure, I can assume maybe you crashed legit or had a super toxic killer and I’ll come along.

    Wait. Did you just justify DCing with a “super toxic killer.” You do realize that all rage quits are because of “super toxic killers” or translated as “I couldn’t bully this killer and they downed me so I’ll DC.”

    And 2 DCs in a DAY is acceptable? How about we show how many DCs they have in a month and if it’s anything above 2 it’s a problem.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130142/show-dcs-instead-of-rank-in-lobby

    Wait. Did you just justify DCing with a “super toxic killer.” You do realize that all rage quits are because of “super toxic killers” or translated as “I couldn’t bully this killer and they downed me so I’ll DC.”

    And 2 DCs in a DAY is acceptable? How about we show how many DCs they have in a month and if it’s anything above 2 it’s a problem.

    I’m sorry, no I wasn’t trying to justify it at all... by super toxic I literally mean someone like blocking you in a corner so you have to quit. No killer build, addon, perk, is a reason to DC

    Also I’d be open to a month as the time frame, maybe rank reset day resets the count as well?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1097570#Comment_1097570

    Identity V leaves you standing there as a husk. The thing BHVR said they'd do with DBD "soon".

    Getting the hatch is also pretty moot in Identity V. If the Hunter eliminates 3 survivors, even if the fourth gets the hatch, they still win. Only reason to get the hatch is to maybe lose a little less rank in ranked matches or maybe get a few more points, but DCing and being AFK for 2 minutes will do more damage than the hatch will give you.

    If they leave the survivor standing there, AFK, whole they reconnect that would work. If the killer finds you too bad. Although they may wanna make struggle automatic at that point because if you get second hooked you would die if afk