Is PGTW overused?

I've seen streamers using this perk in almost every game on every killer. So.. is it overused?

Ps: i asked this because devs tend to nerf overused things in this game lol

Comments

  • It's very popular but not nearly as used as ruin used to be, it's most likely used less than BBQ and chili, so I wouldn't worry about it.

  • Give it time and they'll nerf it too. Anything that gives killers an ability to affect gens will get nerfed if survs complain enough.

  • It's because most the other "slow down" perks are trash so it's all were left with.

    It also rewards you for playing well ie good design.

  • It's used because its the only slowdown perk that has a meaningful effect besides old ruin

  • It's less used than DS and BT.

    So no.

  • I mean, nearly every Killer used Ruin. Because Ruin is easy - you just have to use it.

    PGTW is easy as well (in fact, going for massive Slowdown is the simpliest way to play Killer - you can be way more Potato and still get some results, because instead of applying Map Pressure you just slow the Survivors down), but at least the Killer has something to do for it.

    Like, effort for old Ruin: Use a Perk Slot for it.

    Effort for PGTW: Be somewhat decent in Chases and spend some time to use PGTW. WAY different.

    PGTW is also stronger than old Ruin, but well... People used it for years, it carried them from brown Ranks to Red Ranks and of course it has to be good at every Rank (of course it was not).

    I would not worry about PGTW, while they are indeed both Slowdown-Perks, they are so different.

    (And I can understand that running both was a pain for new players - you have problems with those red Skill Checks and if you get some progress, the Killer kicks 25% away)

  • Even though it's strong it requires the killer to be good to get the full use of it. And it requires input and strategy. Ruin required nothing more than a perk slot.

  • "They tend to nerf overused things" I mean, for killers sure. lol. They refuse to treat the cause and instead nerf all the bandaids.

  • what else are killers supposed to use to slow down gens now?

  • I doubt they’ll nerf pop, same with bbq, but I wouldn’t be surprise if they changed Nurses Calling.

  • Hate to say it but anything that inconveniences survivors will eventually get nerfed. At this point the devs might as well nerf killer's to the point of where they no longer exist