The...surprise.

Was the surprise in the stream really just that little bit for Trapper? Or was it the new teaser? I don't really get it. Why tease something so, so minor, like letting The Trapper re-arm his traps without having to pick them up? This was a massive disappointment, I was expecting something big. Maybe another rework, or a huge bug purge or something. I think BHVR is starting to lose their glamour.

Comments

  • Next time, don't hype yourself up like that for something that's been called a little surprise.

  • I agree. It's a bit awkward to have hyped up something that could have gone subtly in the patch notes like that

  • @Exerlin said:

    Next time, don't hype yourself up like that for something that's been called a little surprise.

    I didn't hype myself up at all, actually. Also, I never saw it get called a "little" surprise.

  • @AceOfSpades1773 said:

    Was the surprise in the stream really just that little bit for Trapper? Or was it the new teaser? I don't really get it. Why tease something so, so minor, like letting The Trapper re-arm his traps without having to pick them up? This was a massive disappointment, I was expecting something big. Maybe another rework, or a huge bug purge or something. I think BHVR is starting to lose their glamour.

    I disagree. Trapper being able to arm traps on the ground is an insane change and it's really exciting for Trapper players especially

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/129633/the-surprise

    I disagree. Trapper being able to arm traps on the ground is an insane change and it's really exciting for Trapper players especially

    I'll admit, I don't really play Trapper. So I'm unaware how this'll change their gameplay.

  • @AceOfSpades1773 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1091360#Comment_1091360

    I'll admit, I don't really play Trapper. So I'm unaware how this'll change their gameplay.

    It's actually a pretty huge QOL change that trapper players have been asking for for 3 years.


    I also think the "hype" was just them talking up their joke video for the announcement, which I honestly found bloody hilarious.

  • @Exerlin said:

    Next time, don't hype yourself up like that for something that's been called a little surprise.

    For a person who first played killer as trapper and who took him to rank 10 in the "old" game this is more than just a little surprise. We have waited three years for this.

    I might come back sooner than expected after hearing this. I stopped caring about rank and am focused on more fun than stress. Trapper is fun cos he is unpredictable.

    I have to figure out how not to get stressed while playing killer. This game raises my blood pressure and it is not good.

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/129633/the-surprise

    I disagree. Trapper being able to arm traps on the ground is an insane change and it's really exciting for Trapper players especially

    I wouldn't say it's an insane change since you'll probably still have to pick up and reset traps that have shifted after they've trapped a survivor.

    Resetting a trap that's been disarmed will save time in some situations.

    It's good, but it's not "insane".

  • Hey stay positive, maybe it’s going to be a full rework for trapper, they just wanted to tease a little change coming up. It’s probably not but something to stay positive for!

  • Look at all these people that have never played Trapper in their lives, outing themselves.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1091360#Comment_1091360

    I wouldn't say it's an insane change since you'll probably still have to pick up and reset traps that have shifted after they've trapped a survivor.

    Resetting a trap that's been disarmed will save time in some situations.

    It's good, but it's not "insane".

    You know what, I actually forgot that they did shift after catching someone. That kinda dumbs down the buff

  • @xCarrie said:

    Hey stay positive, maybe it’s going to be a full rework for trapper, they just wanted to tease a little change coming up. It’s probably not but something to stay positive for!

    I hope you're right. Trapper isn't a fantastic killer, I do think he needs a buff or a rework. I hope that comes sometime.

  • God this is a ######### joke. Nerfing the strongest killers yet letting the weak ones remain in the cesspool of failure.

    What a ######### joke.

    Just make a bag or sack basekit or something jesus

  • I personally thought it was funny I mean 😂 2 Gens would go off by the time you reset a trap idk