Fix the current game before more chapters for goodness sake

I know I'm going to get a lot of, "it's a separate team," yada yada but at some point if you want to keep the game going you have to make it all hands on deck to get the game stable.

The new rank reset bug...

Matchmaking being a complete joke...

Random crashes that still happen...

Sound issues, despite their patch note about fixing some there are still PLENTY left...

Anyone wanna add any more, or we all just cool with more cosmetics and trailers for a new killer that will probably cause at least 1 other killer to somehow become bugged?

Comments

  • @johnmwarner said:

    I know I'm going to get a lot of, "it's a separate team," yada yada but at some point if you want to keep the game going you have to make it all hands on deck to get the game stable.

    The new rank reset bug...

    Matchmaking being a complete joke...

    Random crashes that still happen...

    Sound issues, despite their patch note about fixing some there are still PLENTY left...

    Anyone wanna add any more, or we all just cool with more cosmetics and trailers for a new killer that will probably cause at least 1 other killer to somehow become bugged?

    I see this matchmaking complaint all over the place and I dont understand it. The problem is not matchmaking itself, it's that killers are severely underpowered and way more people play survivor making survivor queues super long. This is the same reason for low rank killers matching with high rank survivors.

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/129538/fix-the-current-game-before-more-chapters-for-goodness-sake

    I see this matchmaking complaint all over the place and I dont understand it. The problem is not matchmaking itself, it's that killers are severely underpowered and way more people play survivor making survivor queues super long. This is the same reason for low rank killers matching with high rank survivors.

    You don't understand the complaint? Rank 15-16 killers are facing four red rank survivors, they have almost no chance to even catch one let alone kill one.

  • new update en route with new bugs too.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090306#Comment_1090306

    You don't understand the complaint? Rank 15-16 killers are facing four red rank survivors, they have almost no chance to even catch one let alone kill one.

    Yea did you read my comment? I clearly explained why that happens

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    new update en route with new bugs too.

    Right!!! Every change causes at least one bug, before releasing anything else... and I mean anything no killers, survivors, maps, cosmetics. No perk updates. Just rework your coding so it actually WORKS for once.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090362#Comment_1090362

    Right!!! Every change causes at least one bug, before releasing anything else... and I mean anything no killers, survivors, maps, cosmetics. No perk updates. Just rework your coding so it actually WORKS for once.

    Fixing bugs doesn’t bring in the $$$ though.

    The CEO needs a new yacht. He can’t buy that with goodwill from players.

  • Fixing a game does not make immediate money. Companies will do what makes them money.

    Is it right? No. Is it reality? Yes. If there are bug fixes and reworks with this chapter update, that’s great, but it won’t be done in a short period of time.

  • @Divinitye9 said:

    Fixing a game does not make immediate money. Companies will do what makes them money.

    Is it right? No. Is it reality? Yes. If there are bug fixes and reworks with this chapter update, that’s great, but it won’t be done in a short period of time.

    I'm not just talking fixing bugs, more bugs come out everyday. Just pumping out content is extremely short sighed of BHVR if you ask me. It's great they can capitalize on the cash cow while they have it I guess if that is their goal then they're doing well.

    I guess long term success isn't a goal, and having "created a game that had a tremendous head of steam, but that obviously got worse and worse until everyone quit," isn't going to look good on their resumes later.

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090347#Comment_1090347

    Yea did you read my comment? I clearly explained why that happens

    No you didn't explain it. How does a rank 15 killer get all red rank survivors but at the same time a rank 1 killer gets rank 10 survivors? Please explain that to me because a shortage isn't causing that.

    The players are there if these killers were just flip flopped.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090400#Comment_1090400

    I'm not just talking fixing bugs, more bugs come out everyday. Just pumping out content is extremely short sighed of BHVR if you ask me. It's great they can capitalize on the cash cow while they have it I guess if that is their goal then they're doing well.

    I guess long term success isn't a goal, and having "created a game that had a tremendous head of steam, but that obviously got worse and worse until everyone quit," isn't going to look good on their resumes later.

    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I believe they are being very short sighted on the whole long term goal idea. The core of this game needs to be changed, but it seems greed is taking over.

    I understand they have to continue a source of funding to pay their employees for their work, but it seems they are forgetting the much larger picture. You can have a pretty game with great looking maps and models, but if it’s balance is off the rails and it is riddled with bugs, it’s not going to matter

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090384#Comment_1090384

    No you didn't explain it. How does a rank 15 killer get all red rank survivors but at the same time a rank 1 killer gets rank 10 survivors? Please explain that to me because a shortage isn't causing that.

    The players are there if these killers were just flip flopped.

    First, I'm a rank 1 killer and I am always put against red rank survivors unless they are together and then a couple might be low ranks.

    Second, let's say a group of red ranks queue up. There are let's say 5 groups ahead of them in a queue. Once it is their turn, there are no high rank killers queued at the moment so instead of making everyone wait longer, the game puts them with a rank 15 killer.

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090411#Comment_1090411

    First, I'm a rank 1 killer and I am always put against red rank survivors unless they are together and then a couple might be low ranks.

    Second, let's say a group of red ranks queue up. There are let's say 5 groups ahead of them in a queue. Once it is their turn, there are no high rank killers queued at the moment so instead of making everyone wait longer, the game puts them with a rank 15 killer.

    The "wide range," isn't supposed to happen until you've been waiting a certain period of time. With the number of players on at a given time (according to them not me) then this kind of opposite killer survivor rank thing shouldn't happen.

  • @I_Face_Camp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090411#Comment_1090411

    First, I'm a rank 1 killer and I am always put against red rank survivors unless they are together and then a couple might be low ranks.

    Second, let's say a group of red ranks queue up. There are let's say 5 groups ahead of them in a queue. Once it is their turn, there are no high rank killers queued at the moment so instead of making everyone wait longer, the game puts them with a rank 15 killer.

    If you would like I can join in with the dozens of people who have already posted screenshots of their four red rank survivors going against a poor 12 killer. Or I can link you numerous feeds from OhTofu who plays killer for basically 8 hours a night and gets a bulk of his game against green or yellow survivors.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1090454#Comment_1090454

    If you would like I can join in with the dozens of people who have already posted screenshots of their four red rank survivors going against a poor 12 killer. Or I can link you numerous feeds from OhTofu who plays killer for basically 8 hours a night and gets a bulk of his game against green or yellow survivors.

    If it only paired survivors and killers with similar ranks, queues would take so long. That's all I'm saying. I see that as a bad thing. If I was a green rank survivor I'd much rather find a game in 4 minutes against a rank 1 killer than sit at the menu for 20 minutes just to find a similar rank killer