What if gens finishing too fast would get a penalty?

For example if two gens get finished at almost the same time one or both would regress by a quarter due to overcharging or something

or

all other gens that are being worked on after a gen gets finished would get a tremendously amount of hard (or old ruin) skill checks for a few seconds.


That would spice things up and doing gens wouldn't be so boring.


Don't lapidate me, it's just an idea 😅👉️❤️

Comments

  • @Jholla31 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087823#Comment_1087823

    You mean like killers getting the "you killed the survivors too fast so we're disappointed and you don't get a pip harumph!" penalty? lol

    Yes, like that.

  • @joeyprtr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087896#Comment_1087896

    Huh? You depip as a killer , I've tried and failed to depip awesome. But a killer quits and I depip as a survivor. Wierd

    Clearly you're not actually trying to depip as killer lol. And a killer DC shouldn't result in a depip, but we're not talking about DCs here.

  • I don't agree with that idea. Which is why I hate that killing survivors too fast black pips you guaranteed.

  • They don't need to punish survivors, they just need to reward killers more for all the frustrations they have to put up with and endure. They should make people WANT to play the killer role, not be afraid of it.

  • @JarMa13 said:

    There is no such thing as finishing gens too quickly.

    The game design is this:

    Killers have so profound an advantage that death is inevitable for all four players. The trick is to escape so fast that you can avoid your demise.

    I find it incredibly offensive when people say "get good" but the state of this game right now is absurd.

    All of the killers are ridiculously OP and survivors have no way of countering it.

    I am a killer main but I do play as survivor with friends.

    Every match I play is 4k. I am a red rank level 1 survivor and I escape MAYBE 1 in 15 rounds

    So if you are having trouble as killer, it really is that you need to get better. Change your strategy. NEVER chase one survivor for more than 30 seconds. If you don't down them, leave.

    Make sure you bust up multiple people working on gens. Run the legion perk that shows you went 2 or more are on a gen. Then when you chase one, KNOW THE OTHERS RETURNED TO THE GEN and sneak back and get them.

    The reality is, the killers are WAY too OP. There are multiple killers I can't even play because I feel guilty because they're too OP for an experienced killer.

    So if you're having trouble, you need to alter your strategy.

    The other problem is killers often feel like they failed if they didn't get 4k.

    If you get BRUTAL killer, YOU WON!

    if you don't kill anyone, you will won.

    You don't need 4k.

    As long as you hang everyone once.

    And as strategies go...

    Stop the camping and tunneling. If you've hung someone, you got them. MOVE ON.

    GO GET SOMEONE ELSE.

    If you're worried about the hook, you are missing out on the other players.

    Everyone I know says the exact same thing.

    Most games are 4k. Killers are way too OP.

    So none of us have any idea what y'all are talking about.

    And lastly

    DON'T BE PSYCHED OUT.

    LOOPERS WILL ALWAYS GO DOWN BECAUSE YOURE FASTER.

    I LOVE IT when people try looping me. It's a guaranteed down.

    Stop approaching the game like the survivors have power.

    They don't.

    Stop getting psyched out.

    Take control.

    This game gives killers such a huge advantage that is frankly unfair.

    So use it.

    Whining when the game is already this imbalanced is really unattractive

    "If you get BRUTAL killer, YOU WON!

    if you don't kill anyone, you will won."

    I contest this claim. According to the in game tutorial, the Killer must kill the Survivors in order to win. Thus both of these claims are false.

  • Starting to wonder if some even actually play this game... If I go in and rush 2 gens, 2 totems and evade a chase while also escaping and then the others did the other 3 gens I depip... I've got actual video evidence... So don't say survivors don't depip for rushing. This is coming from someone who plays both killer and survivor.

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    Starting to wonder if some even actually play this game... If I go in and rush 2 gens, 2 totems and evade a chase while also escaping and then the others did the other 3 gens I depip... I've got actual video evidence... So don't say survivors don't depip for rushing. This is coming from someone who plays both killer and survivor.

    Post that video please. If you have hard evidence then you could not even own the game for all I care.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088831#Comment_1088831

    Clearly you're not actually trying to depip as killer lol. And a killer DC shouldn't result in a depip, but we're not talking about DCs here.

    Oh right your not one of those people that can see things from both sides you should go into politics. And I hardly ever play killer trust me I try cause I hate doing challenges against more experienced survivors but whatever you say boss.

  • At first glance this is dumb but then I remember that killers get a penalty for killing too fast.


    So it's at least as dumb as a mechanic we already have.

  • @joeyprtr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1089685#Comment_1089685

    Oh right your not one of those people that can see things from both sides you should go into politics. And I hardly ever play killer trust me I try cause I hate doing challenges against more experienced survivors but whatever you say boss.

    It's not seeing both sides, you're talking about something off in a different direction.

    The topic is whether survivors should be punished for completing their objective too fast. Killers are punished for doing so, but honestly neither should be imo.

    And as for your original post, if enough survivors DC or even just kill themselves on hook the killer wouldn't pip either.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1092073#Comment_1092073

    It's not seeing both sides, you're talking about something off in a different direction.

    The topic is whether survivors should be punished for completing their objective too fast. Killers are punished for doing so, but honestly neither should be imo.

    And as for your original post, if enough survivors DC or even just kill themselves on hook the killer wouldn't pip either.

    I think it is OK that the killer gets more points in a longer match. Though there should be a win duration bonus factor for both sides being added in the end.

    So if you win fast you would get extra points.

1 2 ›