Who the frick invented Insidious and thought it would be a good idea?

Its the most annoying, nooby ans boring playstyle where even braindead people can get a secure kill and ruin the entire mood of others.

I just wanted to play fairly, so i took off my Meta Perks to enjoy other playstyles and fun moments. OF COURSE the one game i wanted to use Balanced Landing i get Shelter Woods (boring aswell) and OF COURSE none of my teammates had DS so there was no Obsession. After a 3 Gen Chase because there doesnt exist anything on this map the Leatherface hooked and instant insidious facecamped me. I even had Kindred which showed him standing in the corner, but teammates are always trying to save instead of doing gens and gtfo. And because he was bad and ran into something with his chainsaw someone with BT saved me after i got second stage.

GUESS WHAT? He just tunneled me hardcore and ignored others.

Why does Insidious exist? What strategic advantage does it give you? Why can even the worst player secure a kill with the worst killer ingame? Who thought it would be a good idea? Please anybody explain it to me...

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @DarkPit said:

    Its the most annoying, nooby ans boring playstyle where even braindead people can get a secure kill and ruin the entire mood of others.

    I just wanted to play fairly, so i took off my Meta Perks to enjoy other playstyles and fun moments. OF COURSE the one game i wanted to use Balanced Landing i get Shelter Woods (boring aswell) and OF COURSE none of my teammates had DS so there was no Obsession. After a 3 Gen Chase because there doesnt exist anything on this map the Leatherface hooked and instant insidious facecamped me. I even had Kindred which showed him standing in the corner, but teammates are always trying to save instead of doing gens and gtfo. And because he was bad and ran into something with his chainsaw someone with BT saved me after i got second stage.

    GUESS WHAT? He just tunneled me hardcore and ignored others.

    Why does Insidious exist? What strategic advantage does it give you? Why can even the worst player secure a kill with the worst killer ingame? Who thought it would be a good idea? Please anybody explain it to me...

    Just because a playstyle is boring for you to play as or against, doesn't mean someone shouldn't use it. Also yeah, insidous should be reworked because it's only good for 1 kill if the survivors are competent

  • Stupid designed perk, like the majority.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084468#Comment_1084468

    It is supposed to be one way to counter Kindred. If it is not, file a bug report. Kindred used to have a clause saying it overrode Killer stealth abilities. That clause is gone now.

    Perks Insidious and Object of Obsession need reworks, IMO. Kind of opposites in a sense, but I think they encourage trolling play styles and aren't good for the health of the game.

  • A.) Camping is a legit strategy in a lot of situations. I almost always hard camp my first survivor if I'm using a low-mobility killer on a big map - especially if I lucked out and caught them early on - especially if I don't have BBQ (which should be base kit for all killers just for this reason)

    B.) Camping wouldn't be an issue if survivor queue times were shorter. You'd just die and move on, but survivor queue times are TERRIBLE so having a crap game sucks. Make killer more enjoyable and survivor queue times would go down.

    C.) Once ranks don't matter at all because they're not shown and we don't know how they factor in to match making, if at all, why do I care about emblems and pipping outside of a few rift challenges? @Feyd @NMCKE With out any reason to rank up, you'll see a lot more meme-killers and campers.

  • I actually really like the perk, although I havent yet had the chance to test it in all the situations that it may be applicable.

    I first started using it on Spirit where I would just stand still at pallets and people would think I've phased away and walk into me.

    I've considered it might be fun to use (not necessarily optimal) at long loops with LOS blockage, you could just stand there for 2 seconds and the survivor may think you've moonwalked or gone away and run into you, but I haven't really tested it yet.

    I'm sure this perk allows lots of creative ways to get the spook on survivors or otherwise confuse them. Sure its obvious application is as a camping perk but I don't think thats the be all end all of its potential use.

    Maybe someday I'll give it some rigorous testing, I think it may have a lot of unrealized potential.

  • insidious is a hilarious perk, and can scare survivors. Also, i hate when it gets used on me.

1 2 ›