The state of audio
So, I'm honestly just curious on if there's any information on what the cause is and how long it might take to fix the audio bugs in the game.
From the matches I've played over the last month I've noticed: stridor causing survivors to make no grunts of pain, no grunts of pain while phase walking as spirit, footsteps being barely possible to hear or straight up mute as both killer and survivor, Gens being mute on the other side of a jungle gym and the music when carrying a survivor being permanent after they DC. Seems like a lot is just starting to pile up at this point, is there any info on if it's being worked on at all?
Comments
You forgot the bug with no sound when on the ground. Not sure what causes it sometimes but it seems to happen more when I'm on Feng.
We seem to get these sound bugs every other patch and it always takes months to get it fixed. Quite annoying.
I used to get silent slugs every match but not anymore right now woah they actually fixed it lolz
@Blueberry It really is kinda annoying, audio is a key aspect of balancing the game, everyone is going on about "nerf this" "buff that" "rework my phallus," but the audio is bugged to all hell and weakens a lot of killers, especially one who heavily relies on sound like Spirit. That, and survivors, while not really being weakened by it, might find it annoying to not know if a gen has been worked on until they go around the corner next to it.
Yeah Stridor seems to make audio break more often ... but its not a survivor problem soooo
Last time this happened with audio, it took over 6 months to fix.
These don't hinder the survivors, so....
Demo still has sound bugs with hearing david grunt noises whenever attacking.
Have the devs even admitted anywhere that there are major sound bugs right now or did I just miss it??
I hear Civ 5 has pretty good audio at least.
When I am chasing an injured survivor I think they have iron will, then in our second chase they start grunts and I realize it was the bug. It is so annoying.
Also I walk pass a gen which has no sound behind the wall, then second later it pops. I physically have to walk over to every gen to see if they are being worked on.and it is too time consuming on walled maps. like Lery, Haddonfield, The Game,
these aren't bugs guys, this is the direction that they are taking the game. this has been broken for months and no fix in sight. they want you to get used to it and forget about it.
@geishroy Ya got a point. Maybe if killers applied more pressure then they'll hear grunts of pain.