Are the gens broken to you?

In my opinion, no. If your a good killer and loop around the map and be good with your chases, you could easily win.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • lol there's a pinned topic for this.. and yes they are broken. Tonnes of maps also have god windows/pallets, nigh infinite loops, nevermind all the other ######### survivors can use.

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    lol there's a pinned topic for this.. and yes they are broken. Tonnes of maps also have god windows/pallets, nigh infinite loops, nevermind all the other ######### survivors can use.

    I don't care about the map, I asked for your opinion, how are they broken? :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Let me run you around the asylum in Disturbed Ward as you play an M1 killer for 5 minutes while telling you to "git gud" when there's literally nothing you can do because the building has not only 2 god and 2 very safe pallets, but 2 god windows as well.

    Holy ######### i don't care about the maps read my last reply bruh

  • Gens are not the problem. Map design is

  • Just want longer games with more interaction between killers and survivors. The short times of games don't allow for any creativity on both sides and pigeonholes the killers to a particular meta and playing the same repetitive playstyles over and over again.

    3/4 genning isn't fun for both sides either.

    I don't think the current survivor playerbase would be able to handle longer gen times so perhaps they can get something in return as long as the average length of games increases.

  • Okay, focusing on gens. A single survivor can do a gen in 80 seconds. 2 can do one in like.. 42 seconds? anyway lets do some really basic math.

    So before you even have a chance to cross the map as killer, at least 1, maybe 2 gens are finished (or close enough)

    Each chase can easily eat up 30 seconds and you have to hook survivors 12 times to win.

    Assuming our chases are short each time (15-20 seconds) that means whoever isn't rescuing or hooked can finish a gen every second chase. You need 12 of those chases they only need 5 gens.

    That means you have enough time to chase each survivor twice before it's game over - assuming you could even find them in the first place, and they didn't finish 2 gens before you even got your first chase. That's why they're broken.

    That's without accounting for SWF, Toolboxes, perks that increase repair speed like Resilience or Prove They Self and Leader and so on. Also doesn't account for the insane number of "second chance" perks or "chase perks" survivors have available to make those chase times much longer - or running into god windows/pallets that make it basically pointless to chase survivors because they'll all run to that same spot and end the chase meaning you're only pressure is trying to hit them on gens which.. woe is you if you're an m1 killer.

  • I mean, they all start broken don't they? As long as a killer or something else doesn't bother me I can usually fix it in like a min or two, faster if I have help.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Let me run you around the asylum in Disturbed Ward as you play an M1 killer for 5 minutes while telling you to "git gud" when there's literally nothing you can do because the building has not only 2 god and 2 very safe pallets, but 2 god windows as well.

    The rest of the map are mostly unsafe pallets that are easy to play, if you don't want to deal with the asylum simply don't, look for other survivors.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081250#Comment_1081250

    The killer's job is to look and chase and down survivors.

    I've never had someone tell me "just don't play" before. Though "not playing" is quite often what I do when I get asylum as killer. The map is almost as bad as Haddonfield.

    I am not telling you to not play, I am telling you to search for alternatives, you dont chase a survivor for 5 gens, do you? If he keeps looping you, you change objectives.

  • Definitely yes, gens speed are crazy. Needs raise repair times.

  • The way the forums talk I'm surprised there's still Killers playing this game.

    They must not kill anyone ever and just seem to chase the same person for 5 minutes even though all gens have been completed in 3 minutes...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081231#Comment_1081231

    If you don't care about maps, then you don't care about generators, "bruh".

    Generators do not exist on a flat open plane and are all right next to each other. Generator speeds and map design goes hand-in-hand.

    To ask if generators are broken or not, and saying killers need to just be good at the game to do well, while intentionally ignoring possibly the biggest problem for why many killers cannot do chases well when you said "If your a good killer and <<<loop around the map>>> and be good with your chases, you could easily win." is an incredibly a one-sided argument. Generators being completed quickly is not a problem. It is a symptom of the problem.

    Unless you're asking "is your nose runny" rather than "why is your nose runny", then the answer is "yes", but also "however, plugging your nose isn't going to fix it from being runny".

    We got everyone being nice here and we got this salty dude. I said I don't care about the maps because I just wanted opinions on gen rush, meaning how fast the gens and the players perks or items. Bruh.

  • @doodledot said:

    In my opinion, no. If your a good killer and loop around the map and be good with your chases, you could easily win.

    Boring, broken, and boring again

  • @doodledot said:

    In my opinion, no. If your a good killer and loop around the map and be good with your chases, you could easily win.

    rank 120

  • I mean, they are balanced around rank 15

    No way they are fair at high ranks, sorry but I'm not a potatoe

    I find them boring to do as survivor and frustrating to go against as the killer

  • Of course they are broken because you have to fix them in order for them to turn on ❤

    I'm kidding, i know what you mean.

  • Not gen's the map sizes, and layouts are.

  • The fact that it only takes 80 seconds to do a gen alone without addons/perks is completely idiotic.

    Just to screw around, me and my fiends put on no mitter and resilience on. Let’s just say the game was already over with in the first 3-4 minutes.