Console Is So Poorly Optimized.

I can't count how many attacks I've whiffed because a gen gets popped or bloodlust activates lagging my game to hell and back. I lag on the match result screen, in the archives, when noed activates, a hag trap is tiggered, or when the doors are powered. But when I go onto pc I notice none of that, It's all nice and smooth. So what the ######### devs? Throwing console under the bus again?

Comments

  • It's probably because it was actually made for PC and ported to consoles. They've had years to optimize the PC version of the game.

  • @Eleghost said:

    It's probably because it was actually made for PC and ported to consoles. They've had years to optimize the PC version of the game.

    Yeah but now there is I believe 5 different ways to play dbd now. Phone, pc, Xbox, Ps4, and Switch. Optimizing these should have SOME sort of a priority. Phone is easy though, just make it all look like trash and it's ready.

  • @Eleghost said:

    It's probably because it was actually made for PC and ported to consoles. They've had years to optimize the PC version of the game.

    They have had over two years to optimize console

  • It's probably more difficult for them to optimize for console without removing certain things or changing things. It's really not well optimized on PC either.

  • To be fair, the 8th console generation is one of the worst, hardware power-wise, console generations in the history of consoles. You can't expect a lot from them.

  • @McLightning said:

    To be fair, the 8th console generation is one of the worst, hardware power-wise, console generations in the history of consoles. You can't expect a lot from them.

    That’s unimportant.

    Red Dead Redemption for example runs smoothly on console

    with better graphics than better computers and they have almost one year of the pc version.

  • The problem with the hatbox is even worst on console, some killers are almost impossible to play on console.

  • @Vuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1079561#Comment_1079561

    That’s unimportant.

    Red Dead Redemption for example runs smoothly on console

    with better graphics than better computers and they have almost one year of the pc version.

    I mean, it is important. Even The Evil Within had to run at 640p on the Xbox One, lol

    And "smoothly" is subjective. 30fps (and sometimes dipping below it) is not considered "smooth" by, I would say, the majority; and RDR2 on consoles runs at below the minimum PC graphics options.