Trying to figure this one out

I was playing solo survivor last night and one of my teammates was streaming on Twitch (don't know how big of a streamer...dont really care). As she was being carried to a hook, I took a hit from the killer to block the hook and buy her more time to wiggle free. I quickly realized that she wasn't downed that far from the hook and wasn't going to wiggle off in time. Rather than take a second hit and end up on my second hook, I left and waited to make the rescue instead. In reviewing her stream later, I realized that she spent the rest of her stream saying how stupid I was, which I assume was because I didnt take a second hit for her. It wasn't even like she was on her death hook either.

Now I will admit I haven't been playing survivor as long as I've played killer, but is this really what is the expected play? To get downed and hooked a second time just so someone else might avoid getting hooked? Been trying to rationalize it since it happened yesterday and haven't had much luck...

Comments

  • In that scenario you did all you could.

    Yes you could have taken another hit so she can wiggle free but then the same thing is going to happen but instead of her being hooked it’s you.

    i think she was peeved that she didn’t get her wiggle off and has to blame somebody for her misplay.

  • @shadowman0105 That's how I took it. I was "stupid" because I didnt take her place on the hook. I'm sure she would have done the same for me, right? Lol

    Thanks for the feedback!

  • She might have meant it was stupid to take the first hit if the hook was real close and there was no way to wiggle off.

  • @Clevite said:

    She might have meant it was stupid to take the first hit if the hook was real close and there was no way to wiggle off.

    I initially assumed that, and realized my poor decision after I made it, but then why complain for the rest of her stream? The only person I really hurt was me. I think @shadowman0105 had the right idea. I was expected to not only take the hit, but also the hook for her.

  • Yeah, then forget about her. Sounds like a boring stream if she is spending the rest of the time talking about one play.

    Tell your friend to switch and watch fungoose! He is funny and highly skilled. Non toxic as well.