Dedicated Servers Needs More Improvements

Alright, this is getting out of hand now. Getting hit at windows when I shouldn't be, killers not being able to grab properly (already made a bug report on it) and lunge attacks not lining up to where the killer swings.

Guys, please fix this or can we go back to peer to peer in the mean time.

https://i.gyazo.com/d507077400cbdda4d4e8391b3705e456.mp4


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I disagree, i have almost never connection issues, maybe had it once or twice in my 191 hrs of gameplay.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I still personally think servers need to go. This game was honestly so much better without.

    I very very VERY rarely ever ran into lag switchers, and hits felt better even with worse ping on p2p. Now? Definitely getting hit when you shouldn't. And just recently, getting hit when the killer isn't even near me (#########?) This really kills my vibe, and I've stopped playing pretty much.

    Yes, you will get hit when the killer isn't even near you, but only when you lag(or play against a good huntress).

    Deticated server's make the lag u have affect only your character not the ones of others.

    @Williamz said:

    Alright, this is getting out of hand now. Getting hit at windows when I shouldn't be, killers not being able to grab properly (already made a bug report on it) and lunge attacks not lining up to where the killer swings.

    Guys, please fix this or can we go back to peer to peer in the mean time.

    https://i.gyazo.com/d507077400cbdda4d4e8391b3705e456.mp4

    Speed up your vaulting speed with Resiliance,Spine Chill and good internet.Its something all survivors can have.

  • @YourFather said:

    I disagree, i have almost never connection issues, maybe had it once or twice in my 191 hrs of gameplay.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076936#Comment_1076936

    Yes, you will get hit when the killer isn't even near you, but only when you lag(or play against a good huntress).

    Deticated server's make the lag u have affect only your character not the ones of others.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/128216/dedicated-servers-needs-more-improvements-asap

    Speed up your vaulting speed with Resiliance,Spine Chill and good internet.Its something all survivors can have.

    While I agree that being hit through windows and such is generally not as much of a problem as it's often made out to be, players should not have to use half their perk slots to make up for the game not functioning as it's meant to.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077008#Comment_1077008

    While I agree that being hit through windows and such is generally not as much of a problem as it's often made out to be, players should not have to use half their perk slots to make up for the game not functioning as it's meant to.

    Yea if it is an actual bug, then yes players should not have to use half of their perks.

  • @YourFather said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077021#Comment_1077021

    Yea if it is an actual bug, then yes players should not have to use half of their perks.

    And visual desynchronisation between the survivor's and killer's screens would fall into that category, assuming we're defining "bug" as a feature of the game that was not intended by the developers.

  • Just came back after months of not playing, besides the dread of getting placed in rank 20 which is ridiculously boring, and getting timeouts for leaving when the killer is afk/farms.....

    A clown swings through windows long after I cleared it, getting grabbed after entering a locker, the game is not in a fun state, and the servers doesn't seem to have improved quality much.

    Guess I can try again in another 6 months :/

  • @Williamz said:

    Alright, this is getting out of hand now. Getting hit at windows when I shouldn't be, killers not being able to grab properly (already made a bug report on it) and lunge attacks not lining up to where the killer swings.

    Guys, please fix this or can we go back to peer to peer in the mean time.

    https://i.gyazo.com/d507077400cbdda4d4e8391b3705e456.mp4

    I agree P2P seemed about 2x -3x more stable than dedicated servers. I used to play every day for hours then servers came out. Wait times are long as hell, my 50 ping games feel like 250 ping and the amount of times I've been hit when I cleared a window, thrown down a pallet and still get hit, behind a wall and still get hit by a hatchet. In a game were ping matters, servers are a joke.