An interesting thought on Borrowed Time

Instead of the perk being run by the rescuer, what if the perk was made to be run by the rescued survivor?

So you would run the perk to prevent yourself from getting farmed ever by bad teammates and not just have to hope they are running it.

Also has the benefit of now survivors would be more inclined to make better saves since they aren't sure if you have it.

Trying to think of a downside here but I'm just seeing positives.

Thoughts?

@Peanits @not_Queen

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Pretty much an easy solution to make the perk healthier but nobody before could've come to this idea xD

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071538#Comment_1071538

    And you cant save others cause you cant know if they run the perk or not. Would just make cheap play on killers more benefitting. Really bad idea.

    What did that ever have to do with survivors hook rushing?? Stop being so petty all the time.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071560#Comment_1071560

    My question is, would this synergies with Slippery Meat in any way? Because I actually think it should under this condition, would really help Solo que

    Don't see why not. Probably kind of irrelevant though as Slippery Meat is one of the perks they said they are reworking currently, so its effect is probably going to change a lot.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    What if running BT did both? Helps when you rescue another or if you are the one being rescued? Like how they changed kindred.

    The only issue I see with BT is that it makes instant farming viable for safe rescue points right now.

    To help with change while on the hook its instant so being farmed gives you the effect but while off the hook it takes 15s to activate but only when not within a set range of the hook giving the killer a chance to leave and counter it.

    I think BT having one use is ok but I also think its usage should be dependent on how the killer is playing. If they camp they lose chaser emblem points so for every so many minus points in chaser it adds a stack to BT making it stronger over time.

    So you're essentially saying have it like the perk was in its previous iteration where it protected both but was a 1 time use?

  • @TraitorousLeopard said:

    I think this is a much better solution. I can understand why the devs like the idea of a "selfless" Perk, but BT is so strong that it makes you feel like an ######### if you're not running it. Killer camps/patrols for the entirety of a hook phase timer? Then you just gotta run in and do the unsafe rescue before they hit phase 2 or die. Killer completely ignores you and beelines for the person you unhooked, and immediately downs them because you didn't have BT? Guess you're a bad teammate because you didn't run BT.

    The unfortunate truth is that depending on the game progress, hook location, and Killer's behavior, you will have situations where an unsafe unhook is the only unhook. And I'd much rather that the decision to have that extra hit of protection from BT was a decision made by the person I'm rescuing, rather than the game expecting me to make that decision every game.

    Tbh this is part of why I hate the emblem system for survivors. You shouldn't be penalized necessarily because you can't reach an unhook. At the very least you should get points for working toward your objective while someone else goes for the unhook because most times when more than one survivor is going to the hook, that's gonna end badly for survivors. Not that from the killer side I see that as a bad thing, it should be a heavy risk... But I don't think it's fair to penalize playing smart against going for a bad risk.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072598#Comment_1072598

    So you're essentially saying have it like the perk was in its previous iteration where it protected both but was a 1 time use?

    No it still only protects the actual person on the hook when using it be that yourself or another player ๐Ÿ˜‰.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072603#Comment_1072603

    Don't see why not. Probably kind of irrelevant though as Slippery Meat is one of the perks they said they are reworking currently, so its effect is probably going to change a lot.

    I'm aware, but honestly I think it's only going to be buffed. Hell, they may give it a passive BT effect for survivors being camped. The whole point of the perk is to have a strong chance if self unhook to throw momentum, give a solo survivor who survived to the end and played well a final chance at escape, and relieve the pressure from teammates for having to go for unsafe saves.

    It's only weak right now because against camping it's ineffective and it doesn't even guaruntee you'll get off. If I'm trying to think like these devs, I'm putting my money in the rework addressing that

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072622#Comment_1072622

    No it still only protects the actual person on the hook when using it be that yourself or another player ๐Ÿ˜‰.

    And with a 1 time use? That seems fair

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071894#Comment_1071894

    If a perk slot is the cost itself then we have a lot of other perks that are getting double negatives that aren't even as strong. Calling that the cost for it's strength level is a bit of a stretch. Current BT you just yolo in for the save with zero thought or timing because of it's current design.

    "Exhaustion perks aside, every single survivor perk is heavily situational. Most games will go by without using half of them. Even the "meta" perks are all situational."

    The current survivor meta perks are quite literally the opposite of situational. DS, BT, Unbreakable etc are not situational, let me explain. Even IF the perks do not activate, they have STILL done a lot for you. If they didn't activate then the killer played completely "fair" by survivor standards and you would have won the game anyway if you and your team were actually good. If you still lost then ya'll misplayed a lot. The fact that they force a killer to play a certain way to intentionally avoid them activating IS why they are strong.

    "Adrenaline requires gens completed and even then can be completely useless if you're uninjured and not currently in a Chase."

    I have zero issue with Adrenaline. It rewards doing their objective with a perk down. Well designed perk.

    "DS is useless if you don't get tunneled. BT is useless if the killer doesn't camp. Unbreakable does nothing if you don't get slugged. So on and so on."

    Refer to my response on meta perks above. You're entirely missing the value those perks are giving you even when they don't activate.

    "Hell, three of those perks wouldn't even be the "meta" if killers just played better. They'd be useless."

    I don't think you play killer at a high level or you would see how much this sentence isn't accurate at all.

    I don't think tunneling is the only way to win as killer...sometimes, with some killers, it is but usually you'll do just fine spreading pressure as long as you don't let the survivors hook rush safely.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072619#Comment_1072619

    I'm aware, but honestly I think it's only going to be buffed. Hell, they may give it a passive BT effect for survivors being camped. The whole point of the perk is to have a strong chance if self unhook to throw momentum, give a solo survivor who survived to the end and played well a final chance at escape, and relieve the pressure from teammates for having to go for unsafe saves.

    It's only weak right now because against camping it's ineffective and it doesn't even guaruntee you'll get off. If I'm trying to think like these devs, I'm putting my money in the rework addressing that

    Who knows what they'll do lol.

    Although I'm not in favor of any new "second chance" perks being put into the game. We already have lots of issues because of the ones we do currently have.

    I prefer perks that change gameplay and open up new play styles and synergies.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072536#Comment_1072536

    I don't think tunneling is the only way to win as killer...sometimes, with some killers, it is but usually you'll do just fine spreading pressure as long as you don't let the survivors hook rush safely.

    I don't either. What I mean by that is you have to tunnel some again the best survivor groups. Playing "fair" against the best survivors without using one of the top tier killers you will lose. I'm not refering to the vast majority of average games where you can still win playing "fair".

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072631#Comment_1072631

    Who knows what they'll do lol.

    Although I'm not in favor of any new "second chance" perks being put into the game. We already have lots of issues because of the ones we do currently have.

    I prefer perks that change gameplay and open up new play styles and synergies.

    I do as well, but let's be honest, we have to put in our dev hats and think what they are more likely to do lol.

    That being said, with a perk like this solo q can be brought up a bit, therefore all that's left to do is buff and rebalance killers and their perks because once SWF and SOLO are level, they can't ignore killer sided issues anymore in favor of rank 20 solos.

    I like your idea, anyway. Good suggestion ๐Ÿ‘

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072682#Comment_1072682

    I don't either. What I mean by that is you have to tunnel some again the best survivor groups. Playing "fair" against the best survivors without using one of the top tier killers you will lose. I'm not refering to the vast majority of average games where you can still win playing "fair".

    So you think it's unfair that the best survivors will win unless you're using the best killers? Can't say I disagree but also can't say I ever thought of it like that. I thought the solution would be fixing maps and killers until all killers perform well but apparently survivors are just straight up OP because the best of them can beat the average killer. I was wrong all along ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072697#Comment_1072697

    So you think it's unfair that the best survivors will win unless you're using the best killers? Can't say I disagree but also can't say I ever thought of it like that. I thought the solution would be fixing maps and killers until all killers perform well but apparently survivors are just straight up OP because the best of them can beat the average killer. I was wrong all along ๐Ÿ˜‚

    "I thought the solution would be fixing maps and killers until all killers perform well but apparently survivors are just straight up OP because the best of them can beat the average killer."

    Those are basically the same thing. If maps and killers were better balanced then all the killers would be more balanced and the person with more skill would actually be winning. "Camping/tunneling" would also then be unnecessary for any killer.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072707#Comment_1072707

    "I thought the solution would be fixing maps and killers until all killers perform well but apparently survivors are just straight up OP because the best of them can beat the average killer."

    Those are basically the same thing. If maps and killers were better balanced then all the killers would be more balanced and the person with more skill would actually be winning. "Camping/tunneling" would also then be unnecessary for any killer.

    Yes I know I was making a sarcastic statement that mirrors the mindset of too many people on these forums. Sorry it wasn't obvious, apparently you're quite accustomed to seeing it used unironically.

  • If it can gain more stacks so use for how the killer plays i.e camping I think so. It's meant to be used for that specific scenario after all and not for farming others.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072735#Comment_1072735

    Yes I know I was making a sarcastic statement that mirrors the mindset of too many people on these forums. Sorry it wasn't obvious, apparently you're quite accustomed to seeing it used unironically.

    Yeah sorry, it's typically not used on these forums ironically. I usually assume serious intent.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072662#Comment_1072662

    If it can gain more stacks so use for how the killer plays i.e camping I think so. It's meant to be used for that specific scenario after all and not for farming others.

    I have no clue how they would ever program that into the perk.

    Regardless of how the killers playing though, multiple uses would seem really busted.

    If maps were fixed and a lot of the weak killers improved then I suppose that could be fine. Just basing this on the games current state though.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071894#Comment_1071894

    Boy, do you even play killer?

    • DS can be used even when not being tunneled
    • BT can be used even when not being camped
    • Adrenaline allows you to speed trough gens and can save your ass if slugged or being chased after the last gen pops.
    • Agreed, unbreakable is easily counterable by just picking up survivors

    Yes, I do. I hover around rank 4-5 right now since I don't find playing bully simulator very fun. Most games are a complete slaughter with 3-4 kills depending on if the last one finds hatch before me. I never get DS'd nor do I have to deal with BT.

    But hey, feel free to ignore me and complain about easily avoidable perks because you want to play like a jerk. The perks do exist because of killers' behavior after all.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072767#Comment_1072767

    I have no clue how they would ever program that into the perk.

    Regardless of how the killers playing though, multiple uses would seem really busted.

    If maps were fixed and a lot of the weak killers improved then I suppose that could be fine. Just basing this on the games current state though.

    Why should the killer be allowed to camp just because your BT ran out? I think a good compromise would be that it starts out with no tokens but gains a token each time the killer lurks near the hook(24/30m?) for 20 seconds with no other survivors around. Then it can punish camping like it's supposed to. Of course, to not punish killers who are just looking around, you can have the first 10 seconds after someone being hooked not give progress to BT, nor will BT activate during that phase.

    Pros: Keeps BT strong and allows it to always punish campers

    Cons: By campers I mean only killers with a TR :(

    Maybe BT could also be changed to activate within a set range instead of TR, but would that be too much?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072767#Comment_1072767

    I have no clue how they would ever program that into the perk.

    Regardless of how the killers playing though, multiple uses would seem really busted.

    If maps were fixed and a lot of the weak killers improved then I suppose that could be fine. Just basing this on the games current state though.

    As I said it could be done via the minus emblem idea with a system like say like stake out. The reason for this is the killer only loses them if there are no survivors within a set range so it shouldnt be too hard to do.

    It wont be the exact same by showing the perk gaining a stack like stake out so actually telling you a killer is camping. This only happens when a stack itself is gained.

    So it will only have multiple uses to help with camping itself which I think is fine as it is what the perk is designed to heelp with. If the killer doesnt camp it will only ever be a one time deal.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071894#Comment_1071894

    If a perk slot is the cost itself then we have a lot of other perks that are getting double negatives that aren't even as strong. Calling that the cost for it's strength level is a bit of a stretch. Current BT you just yolo in for the save with zero thought or timing because of it's current design.

    "Exhaustion perks aside, every single survivor perk is heavily situational. Most games will go by without using half of them. Even the "meta" perks are all situational."

    The current survivor meta perks are quite literally the opposite of situational. DS, BT, Unbreakable etc are not situational, let me explain. Even IF the perks do not activate, they have STILL done a lot for you. If they didn't activate then the killer played completely "fair" by survivor standards and you would have won the game anyway if you and your team were actually good. If you still lost then ya'll misplayed a lot. The fact that they force a killer to play a certain way to intentionally avoid them activating IS why they are strong.

    "Adrenaline requires gens completed and even then can be completely useless if you're uninjured and not currently in a Chase."

    I have zero issue with Adrenaline. It rewards doing their objective with a perk down. Well designed perk.

    "DS is useless if you don't get tunneled. BT is useless if the killer doesn't camp. Unbreakable does nothing if you don't get slugged. So on and so on."

    Refer to my response on meta perks above. You're entirely missing the value those perks are giving you even when they don't activate.

    "Hell, three of those perks wouldn't even be the "meta" if killers just played better. They'd be useless."

    I don't think you play killer at a high level or you would see how much this sentence isn't accurate at all.

    Was rank 3 before I memed in the basement with bubba for a few hours. I normally play Legion, Doc(before and after rework), and Wraith. I never deal with BT. Occasionally a survivor with DS does something stupid and ends up eating dirt for a little while, but I don't ever go after them after the unhook. I always run BBQ and go for someone else after a hook. I won't go back when they get unhooked unless it's down to just two survivors.

    I still usually get 3-4 kills. Playing killer isn't as hard as the poor martyrs on this forum want you to believe. Yeah, maybe one in ten games you face that elite squad that plays 100% optimal and all escape. Yeah sorry, but I'm not going to play that hard for what amounts to a normally easy, relaxed game. I'd rather have one bad game every now and then than just crap all over every survivor I face. Most survivors are potatoes.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071907#Comment_1071907

    I don't see how I could frame my reasoning on SW any better, we just aren't going to agree here.

    For BT, waiting out the Endurance buff is pretty unrealistic. They are getting to another loop. I'd hardly consider that a reasonable counter, especially at end game.

    I don't see how I could frame my reasoning on SW any better, we just aren't going to agree here.

    If that's the case, we can agree to disagree.

    Through, I did said it can be used for efficiency, it depends on the situation.


    For BT, waiting out the Endurance buff is pretty unrealistic. They are getting to another loop. I'd hardly consider that a reasonable counter, especially at end game.

    It depends, some survivors are very bold when they are invincible. I have many games where the BT survivor tried to protect the savior and I just waited out their Endurance effect. You will be surprised how many survivors do this and get themselves downed. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072516#Comment_1072516

    I don't see how I could frame my reasoning on SW any better, we just aren't going to agree here.

    If that's the case, we can agree to disagree.

    Through, I did said it can be used for efficiency, it depends on the situation.

    For BT, waiting out the Endurance buff is pretty unrealistic. They are getting to another loop. I'd hardly consider that a reasonable counter, especially at end game.

    It depends, some survivors are very bold when they are invincible. I have many games where the BT survivor tried to protect the savior and I just waited out their Endurance effect. You will be surprised how many survivors do this and get themselves downed. ๐Ÿ˜

    I just want a perk designed to be fair against survivors that are competent, not pray the survivors are dumb and not paying attention lol.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073093#Comment_1073093

    I just want a perk designed to be fair against survivors that are competent, not pray the survivors are dumb and not paying attention lol.

    Your version makes it less effective against camping by making it a single use unlike before, it can be used multiple times. This contradicts your points of saying it will punish camping and tunneling because once the killer see BT, they know you can't have it no more. Before, killers often don't know who made the unhook, so they can't guarantee if they should ignore you or not.


    Another thing, your idea simply makes the perk extremely weak at punishing camping and very strong in other aspects.

    For example: With 30 seconds, survivors don't have to be cautious about their timer, they can bomb hooks and tank hits within a much larger domain.

    Are you getting a strange feeling of Dรฉjร  vu? Decisive Strike, with a 60 timer, promotes the exact same thing and now, you're going to make an additional perk that adds on to that situation.


    Therefore, to make BT do its job at preventing yourself from getting tunneled. I propose this as a final solution and hopefully, we can agree on some terms:


    Borrowed Time

    You emit hope to yourself during a dire situation.

    When unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, gain the Endurance status effect for 6/8/10 seconds.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073102#Comment_1073102

    Your version makes it less effective against camping by making it a single use unlike before, it can be used multiple times. This contradicts your points of saying it will punish camping and tunneling because once the killer see BT, they know you can't have it no more. Before, killers often don't know who made the unhook, so they can't guarantee if they should ignore you or not.

    Another thing, your idea simply makes the perk extremely weak at punishing camping and very strong in other aspects.

    For example: With 30 seconds, survivors don't have to be cautious about their timer, they can bomb hooks and tank hits within a much larger domain.

    Are you getting a strange feeling of Dรฉjร  vu? Decisive Strike, with a 60 timer, promotes the exact same thing and now, you're going to make an additional perk that adds on to that situation.

    Therefore, to make BT do its job at preventing yourself from getting tunneled. I propose this as a final solution and hopefully, we can agree on some terms:

    Borrowed Time

    You emit hope to yourself during a dire situation.

    When unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, gain the Endurance status effect for 6/8/10 seconds.

    "This contradicts your points of saying it will punish camping and tunneling because once the killer see BT, they know you can't have it no more. Before, killers often don't know who made the unhook, so they can't guarantee if they should ignore you or not."

    It doesn't. BT is not supposed to completely eliminate tunneling from the game entirely for you. Its purpose is to prevent it once. Even if you already had it protect you once and now he knows it's gone that doesn't matter because it already served its purpose to protect you from it once.

    "Another thing, your idea simply makes the perk extremely weak at punishing camping and very strong in other aspects.

    For example: With 30 seconds, survivors don't have to be cautious about their timer, they can bomb hooks and tank hits within a much larger domain."

    A good reason it should probably stay 15 seconds. That said, the situation you are describing is no different than the current BT we have now..except its current iteration is still unlimited uses. If anything your description here just better illustrates how still way too overpowered our current BT is.

    "Borrowed Time

    You emit hope to yourself during a dire situation.

    When unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, gain the Endurance status effect for 6/8/10 seconds."

    Once one hit is blocked the perk deactivates. That would be balanced and add counter play. One blocked hit is very significant. Current second chance perks have way too much power.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073305#Comment_1073305

    "This contradicts your points of saying it will punish camping and tunneling because once the killer see BT, they know you can't have it no more. Before, killers often don't know who made the unhook, so they can't guarantee if they should ignore you or not."

    It doesn't. BT is not supposed to completely eliminate tunneling from the game entirely for you. Its purpose is to prevent it once. Even if you already had it protect you once and now he knows it's gone that doesn't matter because it already served its purpose to protect you from it once.

    "Another thing, your idea simply makes the perk extremely weak at punishing camping and very strong in other aspects.

    For example: With 30 seconds, survivors don't have to be cautious about their timer, they can bomb hooks and tank hits within a much larger domain."

    A good reason it should probably stay 15 seconds. That said, the situation you are describing is no different than the current BT we have now..except its current iteration is still unlimited uses. If anything your description here just better illustrates how still way too overpowered our current BT is.

    "Borrowed Time

    You emit hope to yourself during a dire situation.

    When unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, gain the Endurance status effect for 6/8/10 seconds."

    Once one hit is blocked the perk deactivates. That would be balanced and add counter play. One blocked hit is very significant. Current second chance perks have way too much power.

    Like he said, that just encourages tunneling, just like current DS would if its stun was short enough to eat without much consequence.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073427#Comment_1073427

    Like he said, that just encourages tunneling, just like current DS would if its stun was short enough to eat without much consequence.

    Having a tunnel attempt blocked, which allows the survivors a free recovery from the killers current pressure doesn't encourage tunneling.

  • I don't like the idea of not being able to know if someone has b time.

    Maybe if you are in a 15 meter radius the little icon of buffs would show up to inform you they have b time (like we'll make it,Ace in the hole,up the ante ect)

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073432#Comment_1073432

    Having a tunnel attempt blocked, which allows the survivors a free recovery from the killers current pressure doesn't encourage tunneling.

    Hmm on Otz's recent Legion video after he got hit by DS his chat screamed at him to tunnel the survivor who DS'd him. Is this not the typical response?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073451#Comment_1073451

    Hmm on Otz's recent Legion video after he got hit by DS his chat screamed at him to tunnel the survivor who DS'd him. Is this not the typical response?

    Because he's playing Legion...

    Even if he did choose to tunnel him after that, he already ate an entire DS...if they are still losing after that they misplayed a lot.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073459#Comment_1073459

    Because he's playing Legion...

    Even if he did choose to tunnel him after that, he already ate an entire DS...if they are still losing after that they misplayed a lot.

    Why wouldn't you tunnel a survivor you know doesn't have DS?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073465#Comment_1073465

    Why wouldn't you tunnel a survivor you know doesn't have DS?

    One, because I like all the players to have a good time.

    Two, because against a decent survivor it is costing you the game in most cases unless the team misplays a lot because of time wasted.

    Third, because they could also still be running BT for the save.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073471#Comment_1073471

    One, because I like all the players to have a good time.

    Two, because against a decent survivor it is costing you the game in most cases unless the team misplays a lot because of time wasted.

    Third, because they could also still be running BT for the save.

    Recently unhooked survivors are vulnerable targets without DS and after a small 15 second wait. I'd rather chase them than the healthy survivor that hasn't been hooked yet 30m ahead of me.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073476#Comment_1073476

    Recently unhooked survivors are vulnerable targets without DS and after a small 15 second wait. I'd rather chase them than the healthy survivor that hasn't been hooked yet 30m ahead of me.

    15 seconds is more than enough time to get to another loop.

    The time you waste tunneling that same guy multiple times will have all the gens completed if the survivors are competent. Game lost.

  • What about a rework like kindred

    If you are unhooking a survivor they have 15 second protection

    If you are being unhooked you have 15 seconds protection.

    Then give it a 30 second cool down so that the person you hook bombed cant just turn around and hook bomb you too

  • No BT has been buffed already. This suggestion would be run by every player and uncounterable by killers. At least run right now BT can be counter by Freddy insidious etc.


    It's already an extremely strong and overused perk.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073482#Comment_1073482

    15 seconds is more than enough time to get to another loop.

    The time you waste tunneling that same guy multiple times will have all the gens completed if the survivors are competent. Game lost.

    I guess it's map dependent, some maps have safe tiles in convenient locations, some don't.

  • @FrootLoops said:

    What about a rework like kindred

    If you are unhooking a survivor they have 15 second protection

    If you are being unhooked you have 15 seconds protection.

    Then give it a 30 second cool down so that the person you hook bombed cant just turn around and hook bomb you too

    That would just be a straight up buff to the perk. It is already one of the best perks in the game. It needs to be toned down, not up.

    This change however isn't one affecting its power either way though, it is simply a quality of life change to give survivors more control over themselves being farmed by teammates.

    For how strong the perk is it should deactivate after a hit has been blocked as then its accomplished its purpose. If this was added we could also add your stipulation of it working in either direction.

    A 30 second cooldown is meaningless. It would have to be at least several minutes long if that was going to do anything significant.

  • i wouldnt dislike that.

    it would certainly help againt these players that just run up to your hook with BT and unhook you right in the killers face, as they now dont have any guarantee that you actually get protected by BT and they might risk their BPs / emblems.


    still, imo BT shouldnt give you a safe unhook. if they get hit, no matter if BT was active or not the unhooker should pay the penalities.

    otherwise its, as ive mentioned, just the hookfarm perk #1.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073511#Comment_1073511

    I guess it's map dependent, some maps have safe tiles in convenient locations, some don't.

    Most the games issues can come down to maps yeah.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i wouldnt dislike that.

    it would certainly help againt these players that just run up to your hook with BT and unhook you right in the killers face, as they now dont have any guarantee that you actually get protected by BT and they might risk their BPs / emblems.

    still, imo BT shouldnt give you a safe unhook. if they get hit, no matter if BT was active or not the unhooker should pay the penalities.

    otherwise its, as ive mentioned, just the hookfarm perk #1.

    Making the safe rescue points based on if they get hit after being rescued and not going down would stop a lot of the farming I agree. Good idea.

  • @Majora said:

    No BT has been buffed already. This suggestion would be run by every player and uncounterable by killers. At least run right now BT can be counter by Freddy insidious etc.

    It's already an extremely strong and overused perk.

    "It's already an extremely strong and overused perk."

    I agree.

    That's why it should also deactivate after it blocks 1 hit.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073520#Comment_1073520

    "It's already an extremely strong and overused perk."

    I agree.

    That's why it should also deactivate after it blocks 1 hit.

    How is it not a worse DS then? Will this coincide a DS nerf?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073556#Comment_1073556

    How is it not a worse DS then? Will this coincide a DS nerf?

    Because you can't counter it by slugging.

    Also saying it's just a worse DS isn't saying much since DS is already way too strong itself.

    DS does need a nerf as well. We could improve its reliability in tunnel countering as well though in return.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073572#Comment_1073572

    Because you can't counter it by slugging.

    Also saying it's just a worse DS isn't saying much since DS is already way too strong itself.

    DS does need a nerf as well. We could improve its reliability in tunnel countering as well though in return.

    SW is a worse DS :D

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073305#Comment_1073305

    "This contradicts your points of saying it will punish camping and tunneling because once the killer see BT, they know you can't have it no more. Before, killers often don't know who made the unhook, so they can't guarantee if they should ignore you or not."

    It doesn't. BT is not supposed to completely eliminate tunneling from the game entirely for you. Its purpose is to prevent it once. Even if you already had it protect you once and now he knows it's gone that doesn't matter because it already served its purpose to protect you from it once.

    "Another thing, your idea simply makes the perk extremely weak at punishing camping and very strong in other aspects.

    For example: With 30 seconds, survivors don't have to be cautious about their timer, they can bomb hooks and tank hits within a much larger domain."

    A good reason it should probably stay 15 seconds. That said, the situation you are describing is no different than the current BT we have now..except its current iteration is still unlimited uses. If anything your description here just better illustrates how still way too overpowered our current BT is.

    "Borrowed Time

    You emit hope to yourself during a dire situation.

    When unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, gain the Endurance status effect for 6/8/10 seconds."

    Once one hit is blocked the perk deactivates. That would be balanced and add counter play. One blocked hit is very significant. Current second chance perks have way too much power.

    I think we can all agree that perks that promote fun gameplay should be OP and extremely hard to counter.


    Survivors have perks to prevent tunneling and camping; they also have perks that reward safe unhooks.

    Killers have perks to punish genrushing and reward them for leaving the hook.


    Borrowed Time is one of those perks that promote fun gameplay, which means it should be more powerful than the average perk. I understand this perk won't prevent you from dying if the killer really wants you dead because survivors will always lose in duel with the killer, that's fair.

    However, I think Borrowed Time should at the very least, make it very difficult for the killer to successfully tunnel you.


    Since you said:

    Once one hit is blocked the perk deactivates.

    I officially agree with you now.

    I think the perk should always active when you're unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, but once you soak a hit, the perk deactivates. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073427#Comment_1073427

    I think we can all agree that perks that promote fun gameplay should be OP and extremely hard to counter.

    Survivors have perks to prevent tunneling and camping; they also have perks that reward safe unhooks.

    Killers have perks to punish genrushing and reward them for leaving the hook.

    Borrowed Time is one of those perks that promote fun gameplay, which means it should be more powerful than the average perk. I understand this perk won't prevent you from dying if the killer really wants you dead because survivors will always lose in duel with the killer, that's fair.

    However, I think Borrowed Time should at the very least, make it very difficult for the killer to successfully tunnel you.

    Since you said:

    Once one hit is blocked the perk deactivates.

    I officially agree with you now.

    I think the perk should always active when you're unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, but once you soak a hit, the perk deactivates. ๐Ÿ˜

    "I think we can all agree that perks that promote fun gameplay should be OP and extremely hard to counter."

    Getting forced to play in a certain way no matter the circumstance in which causes you to lose the game is not fun for both sides. If the game was better balanced to make it not necessary in certain circumstances then sure, that would be great. However that's not a game balance we currently reside in.

    "Killers have perks to punish genrushing and reward them for leaving the hook."

    The perks they have to counter gen rushing are minimal and quite weak at best. They do nothing to actually solve the problem. Meanwhile the perks to counter survivor gripes like camping/tunneling do indeed completely hard counter it entirely and are literally game swinging in strength. There is a double standard here.

    Not to mention the survivor ones are basically passive, where as all the killer ones require you too make skilled plays to see value from them.

    "Borrowed Time is one of those perks that promote fun gameplay, which means it should be more powerful than the average perk. I understand this perk won't prevent you from dying if the killer really wants you dead because survivors will always lose in duel with the killer, that's fair."

    It only promotes fun gameplay for survivors, not killers. It destroys all your pressure leading to gen rush and getting bodyblocked when using the BT aggressively instead of defensively.

    "I think the perk should always active when you're unhooked in the killer's Terror Radius, but once you soak a hit, the perk deactivates. ๐Ÿ˜"

    I'd be fine with the perk if that was the change.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073513#Comment_1073513

    That would just be a straight up buff to the perk. It is already one of the best perks in the game. It needs to be toned down, not up.

    This change however isn't one affecting its power either way though, it is simply a quality of life change to give survivors more control over themselves being farmed by teammates.

    For how strong the perk is it should deactivate after a hit has been blocked as then its accomplished its purpose. If this was added we could also add your stipulation of it working in either direction.

    A 30 second cooldown is meaningless. It would have to be at least several minutes long if that was going to do anything significant.

    Thanks for the feedback. My thought was primarily that there are so few meta perks that are strictly based on altruism and so many that are about saving your own ass that I thought it should still have that selfless effect, but agree that it would be nice if it applied to yourself getting unhooked by a greedy teammate. The 30 second cool down being to prevent your own BT saving you if the guy you just unhooked decides to linger through their DW to get you off hook.

    Honestly i imagine perk effects are probably the hardest things in the game to balance, so kudos to the devs for thinking through all of these corners

1 2 โ€บ