Why is detectives hunch so underrated

It litrally counters all hex perks and noed. So why isnt it meta?

Comments

  • because its not worth it over all the second chance perks?

    who cares about hex perks? its freaking glowing, you can find it easily 99% of the time.

    and who cares about NoeD when you dont get it thanks to DH, or wont go down thanks to BT? or when you do can just DS and move on?

    Dont get me wrong, I love Detectives Hunch, I use it on my Adam but its pretty clear why its not the meta.

  • I dont know but I love it. With all the killers quitting I keep getting green rank killers and about 50% of them have noed.

  • Because you have DS, BT, DH, Inner Strength for solo or Adrenaline for SWF. Plus you can just learn totems locations.

  • You would need a 4th perk slot to run it. Adrenaline, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time are mandatory. Maybe when one of these other 4 perks reach 80% usage over all games and gets reworked, then you'll be able to replace it with Detectives Hunch.

    Currently those perks only see 79% usage so you're still required to run those 4.

  • I don't know. I use it as part of my normal loadout along with inner strength. It stops three gen strats, helps you find totems in those hard maps like Hawkins, Lerys, and Yamoaka. Most people don't even bother with totems even though they are an easy 1k pts and there has been an increase in NOED. I often have to take one for the team and find them all myself.

  • Tapp is underrated because they nerfed his thiccness.

  • The perk taught me all I know about Generator, Chest, and Totem locations. I may not use it anymore, but it will never be forgotten.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    It litrally counters all hex perks and noed. So why isnt it meta?

    For some good reasons:

    First of all, it only shows you the spawns and it does not give you anything on top of that. Most people know the totem spawns anyway.

    Second, there is no hex that is currently really strong. Ruin used to be, but after the nerf, i dont think it is really important to get this totem out of the game super quick.

    And noed... seriously, who cares about that perk in 2020? If he has it, well... it might give him an extra kill / hook at best. I dont bother doing dulls, just because there is a 20% chance he might have it. Just not worth the time.

    I like Detctives Hunch, it is a cool perk for some reason, but it is not that great unfortunatly.

  • Before the buff it was pretty trash tbh. Now it's only okay. It's good when you want to make it your mission to get chests, totems, etc but for normal play it's not really necessary.