Iron Will - Is it based on a sound radius? (Stridor)
Iron Will reduces sounds caused by pain by 100%
Stridor increases sounds of pain by 50%
I use Stridor a lot and I feel like I have to be much closer to hear someone hurt but then they essentially sounds almost the same.
I have noticed a grunt of pain the split second after healing someone with IW as well.. Stridor must just eliminate 50% of the distance the sounds of pain make and has to ignore the 100% reduction.. you can’t hear 50% more of 0..
Might seem like a stupid question but mathematically it doesn’t make sense so how does the mechanic actually function with and without Stridor?
Comments
If Iron Will reduces pain sounds by 100% and Stridor increases them by 50%, then the total volume of said sounds will be 50%.
50% of 0 is 0.. is it not?
50% of 0 is 0.. is it not?
sorry I meant to quote that.
I don't quite remember the rule of thumb, but I know that in this particular case, the percentages are additive, not multiplicative. 100% - 100% + 50% = 50%.
I think its more like 100%(Sound) -(100%(Iron will) - 50%(Stridor))= 50% sound made
Simplified 100%-(100%-50%)= 50%
Aka if it works like how I think it does iron will and stridor subtract from eachother BEFORE its applied to the base sound which makes the interaction.
The value is volume not range. You will still hear cries of pain from the same distance but they will be louder/quieter than normal.
Also the values are additive not multiplicative. It is 100 - 100 + 50 = 50.
Maybe it’s the wording that throws me off more. No iron will would be 150% but 100% reduction of that is still 0. I guess it would just make more sense if there was a solid number somewhere that sounds of pain are reduced by 20m and Stridor would be worded something along the lines of sounds will always be hurt at a minimum of 10m.
There arent percentages. Its a volume range from 0-100. Ironwill decreases it by 100 and Stridor increases it by 50. 100-100+50=50