THERE IS NO AUTOAIM IN DBD

I have seen may people asking about autoaim/aim assist in the Q&A thread, even thought Devs already explained that there is no auto aim/aim assist in this game.

Q: So why does my camera move when hitting a survivior?

A: The thing that does that is called ANIMATION ENHANCEMENT

So whats the difference?

According to Peanits, Autoaim can help you hit a target, this means that it can make you hit a target you shouldnt have hit, because you werent aiming for it.

Animation Enchancement does not do that. It activates AFTER you press the attack button, and AFTER survivior is detected in the "attack zone" then it adjusts the attack animation to be aimed at the target, making it look smoother.

Then why am I missing hits?

Again, according to Peanits, unfortunately, Animation Enhancement, just like Autoaim can make mistakes when judging surviviors position, especially if the survivior is moving very fast (360s, DH, SB, etc) and it results in your character missing an attack that should have hit. It happens more often if you or the survivior has a bad internet connection.

So, what can I do to stop missing hits that should have hit?

GIT GUD

Thank you for reading, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP CALLING IT AUTOAIM. Go to the Q&A thread NOW and change all that "autoaims" immediately.

@Peanits please correct me if I understood something wrong or explained it poorly.

The original explanation is in this thread (Peanits' comment):

@Archimedes5000 said:

Could you please add an option to switch aim assist off in the settings? I understand it can be cool on consoles, bu using it on PC doesn't feel ok...

It may be a mental thing l, but ever since I heard that there is aim assist, I cant sleep at night and I can fell my IQ going down every time I play.

No, but seriously, every time I hit a survivior, I feel bad for myself because I cheat and for surviviors because they get hit.

If the conspiracy theory that says "aim assist doesn't exist" is true, then please let us switch off the "camera move to hide lag" too, hiding server issues under it is not a fair move.

But I don't believe in conspiracy theories, so I believe that Devs will listen.


Comments

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071072#Comment_1071072

    Aim Assist =~= Auto Aim

    Aim Assist helps you aim when it works

    Aim Assist makes you miss when it doesnt work

    Animation Enhahancement makes animation look better when it works

    Animation Enhancement makes you miss when it doesnt work.

    Do you see the difference now? Its very simple.

    You can repeat yourself all you want but it functions exactly like autoaim.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071087#Comment_1071087

    You can repeat yourself all you want but it functions exactly like autoaim.

    Nope. It doesn't help you hit. Simple as that.

  • Autoaim exists in this game. There is a video of it earlier in this thread of it trying to work. You can't just ignore that ######### and call it something else.

    This whole thread reminds me of the devs denying Pigs traps aren't RNG yet explains what exactly makes the mechanics RNG in the first place.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071096#Comment_1071096

    Autoaim exists in this game. There is a video of it earlier in this thread of it trying to work. You can't just ignore that ######### and call it something else.

    This whole reminds me of the devs denying Pigs traps aren't RNG yet explains what exactly makes the mechanics RNG in the first place.

    Pigs traps aren't RNG in the way you think

  • If Payday 2 is RNG in how they spawn objectives than Pigs Traps are as well by principle.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071120#Comment_1071120

    If Payday 2 is RNG in how they spawn objectives than Pigs Traps are as well by principle.

    Agreed

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070981#Comment_1070981

    Animation Enhancement does sound positive, but if you start saying: "AE makes you miss hits", "AE is what makes 360s so bad" or "AE causes the damned Hook Tech", then it sounds like just some wierd ######### that does bad things. And thats what it is. Someting that enhances visuals at the cost of the gameplay.

    People start calling it "Aim Enhancement" or just "whatever Adhskdkjdjs Enhjajdjjssk that makes me miss" and it already happened, just look at the Q&A thread.

    Calling it "autoaim" may make it sound more negative, 1- but there people who dont believe in it, 2- it gives the Devs argument that its NOT AUTOAIM".

    Just look at the linked thread.

    I used word "AutoAim" in a clickbait way to gain views, Devs saw it, but all they did and say was an explanation that ITS NOT AUTOAIM. And they can do it again. Just because you are using a wrong term.

    That was less a comment about what we should call it and more of a dig at what the devs insist on calling it. It's like labeling a bottle of Foxglove extract "100% Organic Berry Juice." Yeah, that's what it is, but it's skipping over the important part. (No one give me crap about this comparison; I enjoy my hyperboles.)

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071096#Comment_1071096

    Autoaim exists in this game. There is a video of it earlier in this thread of it trying to work. You can't just ignore that ######### and call it something else.

    This whole reminds me of the devs denying Pigs traps aren't RNG yet explains what exactly makes the mechanics RNG in the first place.

    I explained in detail why it works like that. What its trying to, do what it does and why its trying so hard. You can see that its bugged ONLY upwards, but everything else works "fine".

    By "fine" I mean that Animation Enhancenemt does not try to hit things it shouldnt (except the fact that its trying to aim upwards unnaturally)

    So its NOT an Autoaim because it NEVER HELPS YOU AIM. IT JUST CANT HELP YOU AIM. What it can do is make the animation look better or, it it fails, it can make you miss.

    And Pig traps are not 100% RNG, at the start of the trial, every Trap chooses 1 box that will ajve a key to it if searched. Thats all. Normal Bear Traps have way more RNG than Reverse ones.

    But the order at which Traps are put on surviviors is random. Just like the order on which survivior will search boxes.

    So RBT are RNG reliant, but not 100%

  • There is a setting in the generaluser.ini called AimAssist=False/True what now?

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071032#Comment_1071032

    That was less a comment about what we should call it and more of a dig at what the devs insist on calling it. It's like labeling a bottle of Foxglove extract "100% Organic Berry Juice." Yeah, that's what it is, but it's skipping over the important part. (No one give me crap about this comparison; I enjoy my hyperboles.)

    I think the original idea that devs had REALLY was Animation Enhancement. I dont think they planned for it to turn into an abdomination called "Anti Aim Assist".

    I mean, people complain about Hook Tech and 360s enough, even without knowing what causes them. They think its Dedicated Servers, but it doesnt really matter.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070897#Comment_1070897

    There is a setting in the generaluser.ini called AimAssist=False/True what now?

    Then why is it =false by default, genius?

    Have you tried changing it to =true? Because I tried, and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

    Devs added this probably to show all data diggers that there is no AimAssist, and even if exists, is disabled by default

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071164#Comment_1071164

    Then why is it =false by default, genius?

    Have you tried changing it to =true? Because I tried, and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

    Devs added this probably to show all data diggers that there is no AimAssist, and even if exists, is disabled by default

    I don't really get why you are so upset about this thing at all. You yell at people and are quite rude throughout the entire thread. I just make a joke about this because it is funny.

    Like honestly it is already strange that you yell and than ask for peanits to come in and to correct if there is anything wrong like #########. What is your problem if it is called autoaim, animation enhancement? People do not like it and thus want it gone.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071183#Comment_1071183

    I don't really get why you are so upset about this thing at all. You yell at people and are quite rude throughout the entire thread. I just make a joke about this because it is funny.

    Like honestly it is already strange that you yell and than ask for peanits to come in and to correct if there is anything wrong like #########. What is your problem if it is called autoaim, animation enhancement? People do not like it and thus want it gone.

    Well sorry if I sounded rude. (But this is the 2nd time someone made this nonsense argument, an answer to it is literally in the same file)

    I call devs to make sure this thread is 100% true and no one will be able to make the ultimate "but this is not autoaim argument"

    Why is it important how we call it? Check the discussion we had here before, or just look what happened in the thread I linked in the OP.

    I also want it gone, or at least an option to disable it. Thats why Im doing what Im doing.

  • I hope devs will hear that we would like an option to disable it, there were many threads about it just this month.

    Fortunately there will be a Dev stream about technical stuff soon, I already asked the question about Animation Enhancement in the Q&A thread.

    Time to fix the 360s and the hook tech.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071136#Comment_1071136

    I think the original idea that devs had REALLY was Animation Enhancement. I dont think they planned for it to turn into an abdomination called "Anti Aim Assist".

    I mean, people complain about Hook Tech and 360s enough, even without knowing what causes them. They think its Dedicated Servers, but it doesnt really matter.

    I'm going to start off this reply by saying I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you. We are both talking about different things, but those things are not in opposition to each other. You are saying that, because the devs refer to it as "Animation Enhancement," we should refer to it as "Animation Enhancement" as well or we risk them deflecting the argument by focusing on the trivial aspect of what it's called. That makes sense.

    I am just commenting that the devs' insistence on correcting people that it's "Animation Enhancement" is ridiculous. The original intent may have been to enhance the animation, but it affects aim, they know it affects aim, and yet they insist that calling it "Auto Aim" or "Aim Assist" is incorrect even though it does "assist aim" in that it helps the killer's aim miss its mark. That it enhances the animation isn't the important part, the important part is how it affects gameplay, so the devs' focus on "Animation Enhancement" comes off as disingenuous; the original intent doesn't really matter when what people care about are how its negatively affecting their gaming experience.

    Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't call it "Animation Enhancement." I'm just saying it's ridiculous the devs require us to call it that. And I think that's what a lot of other people in this thread are saying, too.

1 2 ›