Why are survivors not crouching on the hag's traps?
Something that really triggers me when playing against the hag are those awful survivors that still at rank 6 do not understand that you have to crouch on her traps when rescuing someone.. seriously at this point I just want to dc when playing against the hag, because of all of these idiots. Wish I could enjoy just one game playing against her, but no, I always end up with a ######### team. Does it get better at rank 1 and 2?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Yes, but just realize that getting to rank 1 isn't THAT hard, especially with good teammates, luck, and time. So... you will still get bad rank 1 players, just less of them.
You move too slow maaaan
People aren't used to her since her buff.
Hags a lot stronger traps are everywhere now. Traps used to be in predictable locations but now random traps aren't a waste of time on the hags part due to the new speed.
You move really slow if you're just base crouching across the map mixed with the new unpredictability of traps...
Running up to the hook is stupid though.
I had a game today against the hag, she hooked another survivor and that Claudette decides to full-sprint to the hook to unhook her teammate and after doing it one more time I got found by the Hag and that freaking Claudette ran to me (the third time she ran even though she knew that the hag placed her traps) to unhook me.
I wish we had an option to kick survivor who try to unhook you when it isn't safe!
Because like most Killers, her power can be ignored.
Often times you have the choice between sprint and set it off, or slowly crouch away while the killer casually walks back. Especially with the basement, where the killer almost always sticks one at the top and one at the bottom. You crouch out of there without Urban Evasion, she's got time to come back from basically anywhere on the map.
Alternatively, sneak it, sprint out, set off traps while she's still out of range so she can't teleport. Also works if she's busy with someone else (either in a chase, or carrying someone).
Sometimes it's just better to set them off, but not always. Depends how many traps are around.
Although I'm guessing some people just don't know to begin with. It's pretty clear that you can disarm a trapper's trap, for example, but there's no prompt telling you to crouch past hag traps.
I think it's also an issue with the visibility of her traps. Unlike the trapper's bear traps, her traps are barely visible triangles on the ground. I unlocked her recently via shards and after playing a few games with her I think it's safe to say that in my experience, next to nobody ever gets past the traps.
Because almost all survivors suck and have no game knowledge and only know how to pallet loop. Some of course know the stuff tho
It's because they're either not that good at the game, trying to get you to chase them, or they know that you're out of teleportation range.
She just got a buff and I don't like to say that your opinion is bad.
But this would change a whole lot with The Hag and how high ranked players go against her.
After all, this is a horror game and what do you do in horror games?
You hide!
I totally agree, even though I can't get to rank 1, but still... I don't understand that either!
Where in the game is her power explained in such a way that a survivor should be aware of mechanics that I consider hidden, and non intuitive?
The simplest way is when you're hooked, you watched the Hag place a trap, and you see a smart survivor crouch-walking to the hook without setting off the trap. Or you run past a crouching survivor and set off the trap they're trying to avoid. OR you run past a crouching survivor to beat them to the unhook and set off the trap they were crouching to avoid. OOOR you run to a gen another survivor is already on and set off the trap they crouched to avoid.
There's a pattern there, I just can't put my finger on it...
Adding to this: Survivor is so easy, a streamer literally did it with one hand.
I feel you OP. I had the reverse happen to me a few times where I sneaked up on a hook with urban only to watch in horror as the rescued person set off every trap around. I get that mistake the first time but it happened with the same person again shortly afterwards. I got really lucky that the hag didn't go after me.
I don't remember seeing those tips, got an example?
As for the rest of your post, I definitely don't consider painting up possible scenarios where a player who pay attention might have had the opportunity to draw parallels between their actions and actions of their teammates as very good reasoning to explain why survivors don't know about a mechanic, or actually it's a very good way to explain why some survivors don't know about it.
I disagree with you calling that intuitive as well.
I don't know of any site that has those pre-game tips collected. You only see them the first few times you face a given killer. There are posts complaining about them on Reddit and the Steam forums from August of last year when they were first introduced. I tried to link a Reddit post and it threw out my entire post here, sorry.
You're right, intuitively was not the correct word there. Perhaps observationally would be better.
Unfortunately, with more and more games being distributed primarily through digital download we don't often get a manual. The information is out there, though. Wikis have essentially replaced the old game manuals these days. Besides, a manual wouldn't have included the information in question, as the initial version of Hag traps would still trigger if you crouched over them.
I suppose they could create a tutorial for going against each killer. Honestly though, I think that would be a huge waste of time that they'd have to repeat every time they reworked anything mentioned in the tutorial. We actually had people complaining in the forums about doing the current tutorial even though it gives a BP reward.
That pretty much leaves putting it into in the written tutorial section in-game. I don't know if the devs have stats on how many people have read what's already there, but I doubt the number is very high. If people want to know, they probably just Google it these days. If they're unwilling to do an online search, I don't think they'd bother to read the in-game tips.
I guess the best bet would be to just put a hyperlink to the wiki on the bottom bar of the main menu.
Because Sprint Burst is an addiction and comes with side effects, like not using the crouch ability...ever.