Nerf / cap toolboxes

With the current gen speed, having a 4 survivors swf with the best toolboxes is just not balanced.

The gens go so quick, the games are not fun anymore :'( Why are all 4 survivors allowed having so strong items? You cannot even dodge the lobby because of last second switches sadly

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • They're looking into it :)

  • Toolbox nerfs are coming soon. All we can do now is be as patient as we can ๐Ÿ˜Š.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    They're looking into it :)

    Ah ok thx for that info

  • As stated in the last live stream, we're looking at toolbox stuff. As usual, I can't talk about what we're doing yet, nor when it will release.

  • Yep potential toolbox rework is coming in the future. Thankfully i've only ran into a coordinated SWF with 4 toolboxes a handful of times over the 1k hours i've put into killer over the last few years. It's always been a very rare occurrence for me, even at red ranks.

  • Survivors will be able to rig gens so that when the killer kicks it the gen will explode in their face and they blackout for 60 seconds. You heard it here first folks.

  • @Almo said:

    As stated in the last live stream, we're looking at toolbox stuff. As usual, I can't talk about what we're doing yet, nor when it will release.

    Thank you for at least letting us know you guys are looking into things!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1067958#Comment_1067958

    What if you gave us an idea of what the team is thinking? That way the community can voice their feedback early on and assist in the process of design.

    Because if they do this, the forum will flood with "I think this is a good idea", "this is a bad idea". Threads, and then the devs may change what they're doing, they'll release it and everyone will go "this isn't what you said you were going to do!".


    Similarly to how they said they were mostly going to change addons with nurse, everyone ran with it, then they changed the basekit a bit too much for some peoples likings and everyone went crazy over it, it's best to keep quiet.

  • Toolboxes are easy to deal with. Just lobby dodge.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068212#Comment_1068212

    That makes sense, pretty good reasoning. Knowing this community, it would end up being just like that.

    Nurse nerf went pretty well...just some bugs and QoL changes to go. I suspect most people would rather toolbox changes go how Nurse rework went over how Doc rework went.

  • I'd just love to see their effectiveness on Generators reduced heavily, EXCEPT for the Mechanic's toolbox. Maybe it would influence the meta towards sabotage somewhat. This would also make the perk Hangman's Trick somewhat viable, and slow down games so that killers won't have problems with games going too fast.

  • @soundwave85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1067958#Comment_1067958

    Thats really lame to nerf that when a lot of people dont play with a team....

    Who said "nerf"? I said, "I can't discuss what we're doing yet." That does not mean nerf. Not even in code. :)

  • This content has been removed.
  • Honestly, the toolbox rework can't come fast enough. 1 match I just had proved the point. a SWF team, all with Purple Toolboxes, BNP and a booster item for speed. Each went to their own Gen, and I swear to god. By the time I'd even tracked down a survivor 4 Gens just boomed from nowhere after each other. I didn't know wether to laugh or cry.

  • @Blinking_Bat said:

    Yep potential toolbox rework is coming in the future. Thankfully i've only ran into a coordinated SWF with 4 toolboxes a handful of times over the 1k hours i've put into killer over the last few years. It's always been a very rare occurrence for me, even at red ranks.

    It's a rare occurrence for everybody, except the really bad players of course.

  • @Blinking_Bat said:

    Yep potential toolbox rework is coming in the future. Thankfully i've only ran into a coordinated SWF with 4 toolboxes a handful of times over the 1k hours i've put into killer over the last few years. It's always been a very rare occurrence for me, even at red ranks.

    There are not many 4 man SWF teams around. At least not on PC.

    I can actually only confirm very few times I ever encountered them.

    Most people just want to find excuses for a meaningless loss that hurt their ego.

    Most who go SWF play duo.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1068265#Comment_1068265

    Who said "nerf"? I said, "I can't discuss what we're doing yet." That does not mean nerf. Not even in code. :)

    By looking Into it does that mean it'll be months to years before the "looking into it" actually does something. Like freddy for most of the game until you finally looked into him.