When survivors don't gen rush, i have fun

And so do they. i got out of a game where the survivors didn't gen rush, i only ended up with a 1K at the end of the game (was playing legion) but the game was actually FUN. For EVERYONE IN THE GAME. It's weird how that can happen yeah? Game lasted probably around 10-15 minutes.

Comments

  • I really don’t get what you’re trying to say here. Gen rush isn’t fun for survivors either, trust me— holding M1 is boring.

    There isn’t a lot of substance to this post to go off of, we know that killers have more fun when there isn’t gen rush, but I just can’t tell what you’re trying to say, could you clarify for me please?

    EDIT: I just don’t know what OP is getting at. What do you suggest is to be done about Gen Rush?

  • I'm not sure what you want done about holding M1 on a gen, I agree it's too fast but I mostly solo gen so that's just base work alone.

  • @Watery said:

    I really don’t get what you’re trying to say here. Gen rush isn’t fun for survivors either, trust me— holding M1 is boring.

    There isn’t a lot of substance to this post to go off of, we know that killers have more fun when there isn’t gen rush, but I just can’t tell what you’re trying to say, could you clarify for me please?

    EDIT: I just don’t know what OP is getting at. What do you suggest is to be done about Gen Rush?

    The point i'm making is i'm tired of going into a game as a killer and have 2-3 gens pop before the game even gets going and i end the first chase. Literally this happens almost every single game, and it's ridiculous. I have realized that its not fun for anyone. The killer or the survivors. But when the game goes on long enough and chases start happening (the fun part of the game) both sides have more fun when the gens aren't flying. And on top of that, its not an "omg entitled killer you don't deserve 4k every game" because even when i got 1K, half of the "games should be 2K/2E balance" i still had fun, and so did the survivors.

  • @Watery said:

    I really don’t get what you’re trying to say here. Gen rush isn’t fun for survivors either, trust me— holding M1 is boring.

    There isn’t a lot of substance to this post to go off of, we know that killers have more fun when there isn’t gen rush, but I just can’t tell what you’re trying to say, could you clarify for me please?

    EDIT: I just don’t know what OP is getting at. What do you suggest is to be done about Gen Rush?

    Gen speeds either need to be fixed (slowed down), or preferably give survivors another objective, because as mentioned, holding M1 isn't fun. I have a whole thread about repurposing Dull totems into another objective for survivors: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121627/ruin-nerf-gen-speeds-and-balance-suggestions

  • when gens go to quick I just give up and sit in the basement, if thats the game they want, fine.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    I'm not sure what you want done about holding M1 on a gen, I agree it's too fast but I mostly solo gen so that's just base work alone.

    It’s just a lot of people call for the “gen times should be extended” argument, when doing a gen is already stale as is. I don’t think gens themselves are an issue, but rather the lack of other things that need to be taken care of in order to escape. The issue with that is, survivors already have to worry about unhooks, healing, running... but those seem so minor compared to what a killer has to deal with, since many people feel as if killer is stressful (which, in my experience, it kinda is), and so I just wanted to counter the potential argument of the extension of gen times before it began, because I don’t think the gen times themselves are the issue, but as you can see, I didn’t communicate that part clearly.

    @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1064817#Comment_1064817

    The point i'm making is i'm tired of going into a game as a killer and have 2-3 gens pop before the game even gets going and i end the first chase. Literally this happens almost every single game, and it's ridiculous. I have realized that its not fun for anyone. The killer or the survivors. But when the game goes on long enough and chases start happening (the fun part of the game) both sides have more fun when the gens aren't flying. And on top of that, its not an "omg entitled killer you don't deserve 4k every game" because even when i got 1K, half of the "games should be 2K/2E balance" i still had fun, and so did the survivors.

    That frustration I can understand; it is frustrating having three to four gens popped during the span of one chase is an issue. I think something definitely needs to be done about that when people say to “apply pressure” when some killers can’t supply said pressure based off of their kits alone. I wanna see some exploration with other objectives, or something along the lines of that. I don’t think Gen Times is where it’s at, but there needs to be other things to do that is REQUIRED of the survivor in order to escape, such as Gas Cans, or iirc more stuff to do with totems; and Gens already being a huge part of the killer experience (the lightbringer emblem) makes playing other killers so much more difficult than it should be, which is why I’m hoping this MMR system would work.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1064817#Comment_1064817

    Gen speeds either need to be fixed (slowed down), or preferably give survivors another objective, because as mentioned, holding M1 isn't fun. I have a whole thread about repurposing Dull totems into another objective for survivors: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121627/ruin-nerf-gen-speeds-and-balance-suggestions

    I’ll take a read then! Thank you so much for answering my questions, I appreciate it.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1064817#Comment_1064817

    Gen speeds either need to be fixed (slowed down), or preferably give survivors another objective, because as mentioned, holding M1 isn't fun. I have a whole thread about repurposing Dull totems into another objective for survivors: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121627/ruin-nerf-gen-speeds-and-balance-suggestions

    Survivors have more fun when the killer isn’t tunneling or camping. If you are slowing down “genrush”, what are we doing about all those killers who would continue to play that way? You can’t base it off an honor system, where “if killers had more time, they wouldn’t do that”. Wrong, they would. Longer games requires addressing both sides, not just survivor.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1064843#Comment_1064843

    Survivors have more fun when the killer isn’t tunneling or camping. If you are slowing down “genrush”, what are we doing about all those killers who would continue to play that way? You can’t base it off an honor system, where “if killers had more time, they wouldn’t do that”. Wrong, they would. Longer games requires addressing both sides, not just survivor.

    I don't think anyone has a problem with that. Although tunneling is countered by DS and camping is countered by doing gens. Gen rush has no counter

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1064843#Comment_1064843

    Survivors have more fun when the killer isn’t tunneling or camping. If you are slowing down “genrush”, what are we doing about all those killers who would continue to play that way? You can’t base it off an honor system, where “if killers had more time, they wouldn’t do that”. Wrong, they would. Longer games requires addressing both sides, not just survivor.

    The issue is when killers don't tunnel or camp starting at purple rank the only guarantee to win is to start slugging after the first few chases but no matter how you play you get #########. Even if you lose a save with friends will talk #########.

  • “Fun for everyone in the game”

    ”playing Legion”

    Impossible!!