Honestly that Otz game is sooo far from normal survivors

First disclosure, I do think gen time could stand to be increased a bit and the game is survivor sided at high ranks, but...

Everyone in an uproar about that Otz youtube where he was constantly chasing and downing people and they still managed to finish four gens, how many of your teams are really like that?

As survivor I can lead the killer on a two minute chase and literally not see one gen pop, then find out one teammate was following us and the other is crouched in a corner.

As a killer I’ve lost mind games or ate a stupid DS and still managed a 4K with 4 gens left. Did I play well, not really, but survivors have some weird phobia to actually accomplishing anything useful.

So yes, that game video shows how unbalanced it can be at a certain level with certain addons, but again let’s not act like you even see that 1/10 games.

Comments

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1064139#Comment_1064139

    I agree you shouldn't have to rely on the survivors being potato to win, but therein lies the problem. If we make it "fair and balanced," for the best killers vs the best survivors then everyone else will suffer and that makes up like 90+ percent of the player base. BHVR clearly has to worry about appealing to the masses. Also, I am one of the masses lol I am not elite by any stretch.

    well you see if the ranking was better and balanced around those more skilled then it wouldnt matter, everyone should fit into the ranks theyre at so if you arent a strong survivor you shouldnt be going against a really strong killer, youd go against someone your skill. but due to the balance people like me who could normally hit ruin and lead on insane chases for people who struggled with ruin the game is a breeze. so atm i try my best to make it fair and fun, i do no items random perks as survivor and im still escaping way too often and too fast... eh shame

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1063871#Comment_1063871

    He hit at least four??? Trees or rocks outside of chases just trying to cross the map. Not talking about a couple he hit trying to curve, that’s understandable.

    And I hate to be that guy but he had no gen slowdown perks, I know we don’t all wanna play the same four meta perks every game but if you play at high ranks you need to being a high rank build otherwise you don’t get to complain. It’s like if the Chiefs has showed up at the super bowl without scouting the 49ers, oh wait you mean we have to try hard to win that’s dumb.

    Despite the few times he hit trees/rocks, he outperformed the entire survivor team massively. To put it in different terms, it was like Otz was playing at a master level, and the survivors were plat. Not even one survivor showed a good play in that game, and yet they almost won. That's troubling. If even one of those survivors played like a red rank survivor, he lost that game.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1063841#Comment_1063841

    I'm on ps4 and I agree with him for the most part. I play at all different times of day, US East as well as red ranks. I normally play Wraith, Myers, Doctor and Freddy using the Spirit Fury/Enduring/BBQ/4thPerk as my main build but switching it up depending on how I'm feeling. I've been playing since just before Clown was released and in my time I have seen maybe 1 squad I could consider a deathsquad that made me think, I could never have won this game no matter what I did or how I played.

    Against SWF's I'll usually have a tough game but whether I win, lose or draw will depend on the map as well as how many mistakes I made during the match and how well they played as a team. A lot of factors go into it but I feel like I always had the chance to win if I do end up losing.

    Against your average group of people I will almost always 3k as I normally don't worry about hatch and I'll also just give hatch to people if I curbstomped them and got my BBQ stacks already. I don't camp unless the gates are powered in which case I will camp to secure a kill or down more people if they plan to be altruistic. I do slug if the situation calls for it and I almost always try to secure some kind of 3-gen strat from the beginning if possible.

    So from my own experiences, I would say I get an obvious SWF group in maybe 1 of 5 matches in which the game can very well go either way depending on the circumstances. The other 4/5 matches I will normally win unless I mess up hard or they pull off some crazy good plays. The 1in100 deathsquad will curbstomp me as they would almost anyone.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people do have bad luck and face deathsquads more than you're average joe but more often than not people will think they're facing a group of gods when in reality it's just a normal SWF and they played awfully while using awful perks on an awful map.

    Just my own opinion from my experiences of the game so far. ^_^

    Eh, I hear you, but I've been playing since right before LF came out. Red rank killer for two years and some change. There have been several life events and changes to my living status to the point I'm currently back in California.

    Here, the death squads are quite real and come out at night. Hell, I took a long hiatus, came back to rank 14 killer in a new region of the US, and got only red rank and purple rank survs, so even if I wanted to I can't avoid these groups unless I just don't play. But I agree to a point, maps and gen speeds with toolboxes are what affect this game for the worse right now.

  • I don't mean to be upsetting anyone but the four survivors were simply a SWF on comms, something that is less frequent to most main DBD streamers who use PC rather than console.

    The video simply showed how a team of survivors showing no skill/who didn't know how to loop simply communicate and run to the next gen only using 2 toolboxes, it shows how difficult it is for a decent player with a top tier killer.

    BHVR have created then changed a game to where killers are at a huge disadvantage and only win if survivors make mistakes.

    I don't mean to upset survivors how easy or killers with how impossible it is at the moment

  • Part of why I enjoy watching Otz's videos is because he tries different and unconventional builds. Yes like anyone on YouTube he does use clickbaity titles but in his videos he compliments smart plays and doesn't really let ######### get to him when games aren't going great. The problem with this specific video is people are using it to push such and such agenda based on the title of the video when in actuality there's so many things to unpack on both sides its not a great representation of the biggest frustrations from survivors or killers. It's also one match of who-the-hell knows how many he played that day. In some of his videos he even states he won't put a match up on YouTube if players DC or its not a great match. There was one where he was playing a slugging plague build and said in the video that he lost so many matches with that build before doing well and that he'd most likely upload that video where he was doing amazing. It's all about spinning a narrative and putting your best public image forward.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1063748#Comment_1063748

    Nothing gets you a free escape against camping imo, I'm pretty sure at that point it's only hook trading.

    You can 2 man save pretty much guaranteeing an escape if done properly with DS and BT. With 3 people it works even better.

1 2 ›