What is better for the Spirit?
To have a larger Terror Radius with Distressing?
Or to have a smaller Terror Radius with M&A?
Tagged:
Trusted
To have a larger Terror Radius with Distressing?
Or to have a smaller Terror Radius with M&A?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
@AhoyWolf
I wouldn't use Distressing on any other Killer besides Doctor because the perk itself is only good for Killers that benefit from a giant Terror Radius. Most don't, so it's not the best thing to use since Spirit gains nothing from it, plus you can use an add-on (Prayer Beads) that makes your phase audible to everyone on the map, which is kind of the opposite of what you'd want for Distressing.
So in a sense, no, if you're going to use one of the two than use M&A since it can at least decrease your Terror Radius out of chases and increase your FOV, which some people claim is good for M1 Killers and fast paced Killers.
But, personally i'd use neither of the two and instead use something like Stridor, Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ & Chili, and STBFL. That build gives your more versatility and you can really clean house when you get 6, 7, or 8 STBFL stacks.
Yeah, outside of the Doctor or used with perks like Unnerving Presence, the primary reason to use Distressing is point farming.
Not entirely, you can thank Static Blast for giving Distressing another use, since having Distressing increases the range of The Doctors Static Blast.
Also, people claim Dark Devotion also causes a Static Blast to come out of the Obsession when previously hit, so Static Blasts implementation really did make a lot more perks useful on The Doctor.
That's where "outside of the Doctor" comes in. It's great on him, anyone else it's primary purpose is extra Deviousness.
I mean yeah, but Distressing always had that issue, at least now someone uses it to benefit their power.
Neither. M&A is absolutely terrible on Spirit. She’s not meant for sneaking up on survivors. Usually you’ll use your power for downing survivors, not making a beeline for them. M&A just makes it so they’ll be able to hear you whooshing from an even closer distance. No point in using M&A.
Distressing isn’t great either. I would only use it on Doctor. There are much better perks for Spirit.
Overall I’d say Distressing is better but I still wouldn’t use it.
I think any Terror Radius altering perks isn't a good fit for the Spirit in-general because of how her power works and how the "wooshing" radius and Terror Radius intertwine with each other.
Basically, it's better to use that slot for something like Stridor or STBFL to benefit from The Spirits power, rather than adding something that isn't necessary, at least in my opinion.
That’s basically what I was trying to stress about. Her whooshing is already finicky as it is. Sometimes you’ll hear it even if you are in her terror radius. Altering her terror radius just isn’t a necessity.
I run a pretty standard basic build on Spirit. I use PGTW, Nurse’s Calling, BBQ, and Stridor. Simple? Yes. Basic? Absolutely. But it’s probably the best build to use on her.
Honestly they both kind of suck for Spirit.
Distressing adds 26%, and Spirit's TR is 24m. That means her TR is only going to be 30.24m. Basically very little difference in the grand scheme of things.
M&A adds/subtracts 8m, so now in a chase her TR is 32m and out of a chase is 16m. But the chase ends very quickly once you start phasing. Chances are the survivor will end up outside of that 16m range, so the end result is they hear the woosh anyway.
If I had to pick one to use I would go with M&A just because having a 16m TR let's you sneak up on survivors very easily. You can get a cheeky free first hit then chase with your power.
But IMO as a Spirit main, you're not gonna get much out of either perk, and you only get something out of M&A if you avoid using your power as often as you should be.
Smaller. No question. If you run M&A with Whispers, you can usually get ez gen grabs
I agree yeah, recently I noticed her "wooshing" sound just doesn't activate sometimes either, which costed me a few hits/downs because of it unfortunately, altering the Terror Radius would just add nothing to it tbh.
And yeah, that build it pretty standard but I personally use the same thing with instead of Nurse's I use STBFL since having 6, 7, or 8 stacks on The Spirit with STBFL is god-tier imo.