My usual build is Open Handed, Bond, Kindred, and Spine Chill. I have yet to see anyone complain about any of those perks. Though that's probably because it's hard to other players to notice the effects.
Really like Object of Obsession, my favourite aura perk for survivor.
As for killer? Whispers is nice. Love myself an endgame build of No one escapes death, blood warden, remember me and Whispers. Also really like a obsession switch build on billy with Furtive Chase, Nemesis, Make your choice and whispers ( I love whispers).
I can hardly go without Spine Chill or We'll Make it. The other perks I like to use, DH and BT, are complained about frequently but also take higher priority when choosing my perk builds.
For me it's whispers. It's an amazing tracking perk. I've had people accuse me of wall hacking. When I explained to them I was using whispers they usually drop the accusation. I guess people don't despise it because it requires skill to use properly unlike BBQ.
I was on coldwind farm one game. It was the one with the red barn in the corner. 2 survivors alive and the 1 gen left. I was at the shack that was in the corner of the map. Whispers was going off. The gens near there were complete already. I look around the shack and saw nothing. I go inside and check the lockers upstairs. I then go downstairs and look around. Whispers is still going off. I check each locker downstairs and the very last one was where the survivor was hiding.
In the end game chat he asked How I knew he was there. I said Whispers. The gens were done so there was no reason for you to stick around that area. Once I first walked into the shack and checked the lockers upstairs. Whispers was still going off. So you had to be in there. If you were outside you would have taken off.
Devour Hope - if it gets 5 stacks, the Survivors know they screwed up. 3-4 stacks is the norm though, so I get 1 or 2 OHKOs. Pretty balanced Perk.
Make Your Choice - It's the perfect anti-Camping Perk, and have never had a Survivor complain about me using it. I think this type of Perk should be a model for newer ones. Promoting avoiding a style of play that people find "toxic", but it gives a solid reward for doing so.
We'll Make It - Only ever had a handful of Killers complain to me about this post-game. The fast heals on an unhook are great, but also being able to heal others because the timer is generous can really turn a game around.
Had a match where all 4 of us were injured. I got an unhook in front of another person, hook healed both of them, then ran from the Billy coming back to the hook. Found the third person, healed them and got healed after that. Ended up with 4 escapes because we only had 1 gen to finish after that even though most of us were on the death hook. Having that safety net of a hit really helps towards the end game.
Devour Hope - if it gets 5 stacks, the Survivors know they screwed up. 3-4 stacks is the norm though, so I get 1 or 2 OHKOs. Pretty balanced Perk.
Make Your Choice - It's the perfect anti-Camping Perk, and have never had a Survivor complain about me using it. I think this type of Perk should be a model for newer ones. Promoting avoiding a style of play that people find "toxic", but it gives a solid reward for doing so.
We'll Make It - Only ever had a handful of Killers complain to me about this post-game. The fast heals on an unhook are great, but also being able to heal others because the timer is generous can really turn a game around.
Had a match where all 4 of us were injured. I got an unhook in front of another person, hook healed both of them, then ran from the Billy coming back to the hook. Found the third person, healed them and got healed after that. Ended up with 4 escapes because we only had 1 gen to finish after that even though most of us were on the death hook. Having that safety net of a hit really helps towards the end game.
No one complained about Devour? I've had games where survivors told me I was "carried by Devour Hope" in the post-game chat.
No one complained about Devour? I've had games where survivors told me I was "carried by Devour Hope" in the post-game chat.
Never tbh. Usually the only complaint is "Where the ######### was that totem????" then we get a good laugh out of it. I do get the occasional "You should've waited til I got there. I wanted to see that." when I Mori the first person, but nothing else.
Honestly though, anyone complaining about a Hex Perk should be kicked back to Rank 20. They are too easy to get rid of unless the Killer is defending it, and if they are well... gens anyone?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Sry got posted in the wrong section!!!
My usual build is Open Handed, Bond, Kindred, and Spine Chill. I have yet to see anyone complain about any of those perks. Though that's probably because it's hard to other players to notice the effects.
Wrong section bud!
But still I'll answer. Alert. It's a decent information perk I love it
Moved it for you. ๐
I like to use distortion. Gives me a lot of Intel on the aura reading from the Killer Loadout.
Really like Object of Obsession, my favourite aura perk for survivor.
As for killer? Whispers is nice. Love myself an endgame build of No one escapes death, blood warden, remember me and Whispers. Also really like a obsession switch build on billy with Furtive Chase, Nemesis, Make your choice and whispers ( I love whispers).
I can hardly go without Spine Chill or We'll Make it. The other perks I like to use, DH and BT, are complained about frequently but also take higher priority when choosing my perk builds.
For me it's whispers. It's an amazing tracking perk. I've had people accuse me of wall hacking. When I explained to them I was using whispers they usually drop the accusation. I guess people don't despise it because it requires skill to use properly unlike BBQ.
I was on coldwind farm one game. It was the one with the red barn in the corner. 2 survivors alive and the 1 gen left. I was at the shack that was in the corner of the map. Whispers was going off. The gens near there were complete already. I look around the shack and saw nothing. I go inside and check the lockers upstairs. I then go downstairs and look around. Whispers is still going off. I check each locker downstairs and the very last one was where the survivor was hiding.
In the end game chat he asked How I knew he was there. I said Whispers. The gens were done so there was no reason for you to stick around that area. Once I first walked into the shack and checked the lockers upstairs. Whispers was still going off. So you had to be in there. If you were outside you would have taken off.
I really like Brutal Strenght, it's one of the most OG perks. It's not super meta or anything, but the little bonus really helps in chases.
Devour Hope - if it gets 5 stacks, the Survivors know they screwed up. 3-4 stacks is the norm though, so I get 1 or 2 OHKOs. Pretty balanced Perk.
Make Your Choice - It's the perfect anti-Camping Perk, and have never had a Survivor complain about me using it. I think this type of Perk should be a model for newer ones. Promoting avoiding a style of play that people find "toxic", but it gives a solid reward for doing so.
We'll Make It - Only ever had a handful of Killers complain to me about this post-game. The fast heals on an unhook are great, but also being able to heal others because the timer is generous can really turn a game around.
Had a match where all 4 of us were injured. I got an unhook in front of another person, hook healed both of them, then ran from the Billy coming back to the hook. Found the third person, healed them and got healed after that. Ended up with 4 escapes because we only had 1 gen to finish after that even though most of us were on the death hook. Having that safety net of a hit really helps towards the end game.
No one complained about Devour? I've had games where survivors told me I was "carried by Devour Hope" in the post-game chat.
Never tbh. Usually the only complaint is "Where the ######### was that totem????" then we get a good laugh out of it. I do get the occasional "You should've waited til I got there. I wanted to see that." when I Mori the first person, but nothing else.
Honestly though, anyone complaining about a Hex Perk should be kicked back to Rank 20. They are too easy to get rid of unless the Killer is defending it, and if they are well... gens anyone?
My build usually consists of NERFED Balanced Landing, WGLF, Self-care, and botany knowledge. So far no one has complained ab these yet.
Poised. It's underrated and has helped me a ton.
Head On is also a pretty good perk.