Why is this community so toxic on BOTH sides?

So basically I am a fairly decent survivor and killer, green ranks on both usually red but I haven't been playing as much tbh. Anyways coming out of a survivor game a killer says this

Me:ggs

Killer: jaja ggs nice bm

Me: ?

Killer: ?

Killer: Glasses fatty (I'm the jake with glasses) crouched a few times

Killer: Midrise hatchets can't go thru it tho

Me: Oh your upset.

Killer: HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Killer: HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Killer: But anyhow you're the loser.


He continues to say how ######### I am and how he is a new killer that I "BM'd" cause looping is a BM apparently/

This happened almost every game of surv or killer someone says how ######### I am. Why? I do nothing to incite this ever, I guess how I can see how I set the killer above off but otherwise it confuses me. Why can't ppl just take their loss and move on? Why does every post game chat have to be a freakin war zone?

Comments

  • Because the internet? Keyboard warriors feel their strongest when they can berate and bully online since you'll never see them face to face, and it makes them feel all warm and cozy inside. Just GG and move on really. Don't rise to their comments, it's what they want.

  • People have been toxic in online gaming communities since online gaming communities were created. Doesn't anyone remember how vicious people on first xbox live could be? The halo community was severely racist and if I remember correctly used a lot of slurs against homosexuals.

    Toxicity isn't new and toxicity isn't going anywhere. DBD has some toxicity, sure, but from my experience it isn't even close to how bad the nearly unmoderated xbox live community was. The amount of crap posting and griefing behavior was 10 times what it is here.

    Also I think a lot of things people in this community consider toxic, aren't really that toxic. Is teabagging really toxic? Is tunneling really toxic? What about face camping and hook swarming? They can all be very annoying, but toxic? Not really.

    With that being said I've had some pretty toxic endgame chats, but DBD has a pretty nice report system.

  • Yeah, I played 9 years of COD on PlayStation and maybe once or twice received slaty messages. Now that I started playing dbd in August I’ve had to turn my messages off. People on this game take it too personal it is absolutely insane. The tension between killers and survivors is the most unhealthy thing ever. My first ever game I got spammed by the first person I killed (her name was bhad_baby or something) then followed by her friends after I lagged out (can’t make this up). After that first experience I never wanted to play again but here we are... lol.

  • Because people are people. There will always be bad eggs. We just have to ignore them. There isn't much any of us can do about them, other than trying to drown them out with our good will and positive attitudes lol

  • JUST THIS NIGHT.

    1) A guy threw every pallet and did the "slap" movement (pressed 2). I had to camp him to death. Lost the match, but it was worth it.

    2) Another match, I played fair, I 2-hooked everyone, killed one guy, 3 escaped, all on death hook.

    -ez

    -ez

    I was like "#########??? I could have destroyed you both so easily, you didn't even looped properly and you abused both Crotus Prenn windows, everyone was dead on hook, i didn't tunnel or camp, and you still say "ez"???? #########???"

    I think they're just 10-year-olds, it doesn't even bother me anymore, but it's insane.


  • Ultra-competitive atmosphere but lack of feeling of power to indulge in the competitive game play. Unlike a fighting game where there's always a counter and you can big brain frames and tactics/mix ups DBD has a very stale map spawn whichi s made worse by the win/lose harder nature of it.


    Typically whoever gets the more pressure early is going to stomp the rest of the match. As survivor if you use your loops and use your best perks you get mad because you realize there wasn't much more you can do. As killer you can come up with 4D chess perk combos and do perfect chases but then you get stuck watching a survivor camp behind a pallet before running to a safe zone while gens pop in sequence, screaming at you that need to pressure.


    Both roles has such massive swings from feeling utterly powerless to nearly invincible on a meta-level. The RNG of the maps also don't help. I've seen absolute safe infinite loops spawn some maps.


    The game tries to argue that you got to learn as both killer and survivor what battles you can win and what you can lose. But sometimes when you put in all your effort and tricks you get jack and ######### the aggitation reaches a tipping point.


    Combine that with A: the internet B: Asymmetrical non-social teams and C: a game that needs more ######### in it so you don't see either side get gamed by the same thing for the tenth time


    you get people who snap and angry at the other side. Even though, funny enough, most of these issues have nothing to do with either side most of the time.

  • @Imsuperbrad said:

    So basically I am a fairly decent survivor and killer, green ranks on both usually red but I haven't been playing as much tbh. Anyways coming out of a survivor game a killer says this

    Me:ggs

    Killer: jaja ggs nice bm

    Me: ?

    Killer: ?

    Killer: Glasses fatty (I'm the jake with glasses) crouched a few times

    Killer: Midrise hatchets can't go thru it tho

    Me: Oh your upset.

    Killer: HAAAAAAAAAAAA

    Killer: HAAAAAAAAAAAA

    Killer: But anyhow you're the loser.

    He continues to say how ######### I am and how he is a new killer that I "BM'd" cause looping is a BM apparently/

    This happened almost every game of surv or killer someone says how ######### I am. Why? I do nothing to incite this ever, I guess how I can see how I set the killer above off but otherwise it confuses me. Why can't ppl just take their loss and move on? Why does every post game chat have to be a freakin war zone?

    There's plenty of good on both sides. I hope this community keeps getting better. In the meantime maybe just Dodge postgame chat?

  • As stated in many topics like this one, close the end chat game solve the issue, and moreover it's useless. Just a constant flow of insults of every kind apart some sporadic "gg". DbD is a game that generate a lot of frustration, because of the nature of its mechanics. Not that DbD is the most toxic online game eh? You should see LOL, Team Fortress 2 and many many others. Toxicity happens because people hides behind a screen, with no public ID data whatsoever. Meet them in real life and they are like docile pups.

  • The annoyed people need to move on but so do people like you who constantly complain about them. They're not going to change, it's the internet, people are gonna be mad at you no matter what you do.