These survivors though

For all the talk of camping and tunneling and NOED and instadowns ruining the game, i swear its other survivors who do the most damage.

Just had a game against pig. Spawned in with a tap. Got half a gen done. Piggy comes she chases him because i was long gone. Got about a 3rd of another gen done when she starts chasing me. Ran her for probably 30 to 45 seconds. Puts a trap on me brings me to another hook. She had iron grasp. My bar was almost full before she got me to a hook. 1st gen popped as i was hooked.

Nea unhooks me when piggy was like 20 meters away. No borrowed time. Piggy of course chases me and i try to loop but got greedy. Downed under a pallet. Piggy chases someone else i recover under the pallet. Someone hiding behind rock as pig comes to pick me up. Stops above me and gets pallet stunned. Breaks pallet and hooks me. Before she could walk away nea again saves me. Back on hook and dead.

Yes i made mistakes. Yes piggy didn't have to go after me but why would she not?

So sent gg to piggy and moved on. Just thought i would share this little anecdote.

Comments

  • Forgot to mention the rank spread was 6-8. Killer was 12

  • And to think I felt bad for trying to use a MoM build. At least I use BT when I want to play suicidally altruistic.

  • Use ds I always use it as a back up

  • @hex_genrush said:

    Use ds I always use it as a back up

    I won’t play without it right now. I also don’t put teammates in bad spots with unhooks unless I have no other choice. If the killer is camping and I’m the only one there or they’re close to dying I’ll get them off and try to body block at least give them a shot.

    @csandman1977 said:

    For all the talk of camping and tunneling and NOED and instadowns ruining the game, i swear its other survivors who do the most damage.

    Just had a game against pig. Spawned in with a tap. Got half a gen done. Piggy comes she chases him because i was long gone. Got about a 3rd of another gen done when she starts chasing me. Ran her for probably 30 to 45 seconds. Puts a trap on me brings me to another hook. She had iron grasp. My bar was almost full before she got me to a hook. 1st gen popped as i was hooked.

    Nea unhooks me when piggy was like 20 meters away. No borrowed time. Piggy of course chases me and i try to loop but got greedy. Downed under a pallet. Piggy chases someone else i recover under the pallet. Someone hiding behind rock as pig comes to pick me up. Stops above me and gets pallet stunned. Breaks pallet and hooks me. Before she could walk away nea again saves me. Back on hook and dead.

    Yes i made mistakes. Yes piggy didn't have to go after me but why would she not?

    So sent gg to piggy and moved on. Just thought i would share this little anecdote.

    you make a good point, the smart play for Pig was to down you and either get quick kill or get DS out early. I don’t berate killers for making smart plays if I wanna be mad at anyone it would be my teammates but I still don’t say anything.

  • @hex_genrush said:

    Use ds I always use it as a back up

    I just really hate that perk. Especially being at purple ranks I thought I was done with stupid survivors. And if a killer wants to kill me ds isn't going to save me. I can't run for anything.

    @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1053166#Comment_1053166

    I won’t play without it right now. I also don’t put teammates in bad spots with unhooks unless I have no other choice. If the killer is camping and I’m the only one there or they’re close to dying I’ll get them off and try to body block at least give them a shot.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126051/these-survivors-though

    you make a good point, the smart play for Pig was to down you and either get quick kill or get DS out early. I don’t berate killers for making smart plays if I wanna be mad at anyone it would be my teammates but I still don’t say anything.

    I'm withyou. I don't go for unsafe unhook unless the persons nearly dead and/or I don't mind hook swapping.

  • I agree. I only play survivor. There are times killers do things I really hate. The thing is most of the time those things are the direct result of something a survivor did.

    One of your examples is the one that annoys me the most. Survivors that think they absolutely positively have to pull someone off the hook as quick as possible with the killer standing right there. People on this forum justify that all the time by saying they just can't leave another survivor hanging. Leaving another survivor hanging can actually be very good strategy, especially against a killer that is going to camp.

    Even if we ignore that fact the other thing is you do not have to pull someone off the hook immediately. If you wait a few seconds the killer just might go away if no other survivors come running up. That allows you to get bloodpoints, rescue your teammate, and both of you get away without either of you taking a hit. You would think a rescue where you both get away safely would be the preferable outcome, but apparently there are lots of survivors that simply can't wait a few seconds. They need the immediate gratification of pulling someone off the hook even if didn't actually help anything in the long run.

  • @mmain said:

    I agree. I only play survivor. There are times killers do things I really hate. The thing is most of the time those things are the direct result of something a survivor did.

    One of your examples is the one that annoys me the most. Survivors that think they absolutely positively have to pull someone off the hook as quick as possible with the killer standing right there. People on this forum justify that all the time by saying they just can't leave another survivor hanging. Leaving another survivor hanging can actually be very good strategy, especially against a killer that is going to camp.

    Even if we ignore that fact the other thing is you do not have to pull someone off the hook immediately. If you wait a few seconds the killer just might go away if no other survivors come running up. That allows you to get bloodpoints, rescue your teammate, and both of you get away without either of you taking a hit. You would think a rescue where you both get away safely would be the preferable outcome, but apparently there are lots of survivors that simply can't wait a few seconds. They need the immediate gratification of pulling someone off the hook even if didn't actually help anything in the long run.

    Yep, I play both sides and can’t tell you how many times I got called a camper as killer because I KNEW someone was right in the area. I didn’t suspect, I knew because I saw them as I was carrying to the hook or saw scratches. I’m sorry, I’m not leaving when I know you’re right there I will circle a couple times to find you.

    if you wanna be smart in that situation let the killer see you, then dip while his back is turned during the hook animation. Bang you bought everyone at least 30 seconds of free gen time